Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,575 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! (945 Views)

7 Signs That Your Car's Engine Performance Might Be Decreasing / Should You Turn Off The A/C System Before Shutting Off Your Car’s Engine? / Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by mikotek(m): 3:00pm On Jun 09, 2017
I'm considering buying a car with a swapped engine, so I'm seeking advice from professionals here in NL.
For example, I've seen a Volkswagen passat (2.5L, V6) being swapped with a Volkswagen golf 3 (1.6L). What are the advantages and disadvantages?
To me I think the weight of the Passat would drag the small golf 3 engine, making it to work harder, thereby making it to consume more fuel than normal.
Please I would really appreciate professional advice and experiences.

Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by honmusa(m): 3:20pm On Jun 09, 2017
mikotek:
I'm considering buying a car with a swapped engine, so I'm seeking advice from professionals here in NL.
For example, I've seen a Volkswagen passat (2.5L, V6) being swapped with a Volkswagen golf 3 (1.6L). What are the advantages and disadvantages?
To me I think the weight of the Passat would drag the small golf 3 engine, making it to work harder, thereby making it to consume more fuel than normal.
Don't it try it unless you want to make mechanic workshop your second home.
Every engine is tailored designed with precision for that particular car model it is intended with a lot of engineering parameters in consideration. A car swapped with another engine will never run well
Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by Readonee35L(m): 6:12pm On Jun 09, 2017
mikotek:
What type of car is it.
And what engine was it swapped with?
Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by mikotek(m): 7:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
Readonee35L:

What type of car is it.
And what engine was it swapped with?
Volkswagen passat swapped with Volkswagen golf 3
Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by Readonee35L(m): 7:28pm On Jun 09, 2017
mikotek:

Volkswagen passat swapped with Volkswagen golf 3
What are the advantages and disadvantages?

^
You wrote that your self.
Meaning you know the right thing to do.
You don't need any professional to give you advice.
Make a wise decision
Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by kingreign(m): 7:35pm On Jun 09, 2017
mikotek:

normally, i don't type in capital letters, but id do to emphasise. BROS, NO TRY THAT KIND ROUGH PLAY. NO EVEN GO THERE. RUNNNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYYYYY. THAT PASSAT B5/5.5 NA HUMMOUNGUOS WAHALA AND YOU WANT TO GO BUY THE ALREADY KAZEEMIZED UNIT.NO GO USE YA MONEY WEAVE BASKET ONTOP MOTOR WAHALA O!
Re: Swapping Car Engine : Professionals Please Help! by diportivo: 12:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
kingreign:

normally, i don't type in capital letters, but id do to emphasise. BROS, NO TRY THAT KIND ROUGH PLAY. NO EVEN GO THERE. RUNNNNNNNNNN AWAYYYYYYYYYYY. THAT PASSAT B5/5.5 NA HUMMOUNGUOS WAHALA AND YOU WANT TO GO BUY THE ALREADY KAZEEMIZED UNIT.NO GO USE YA MONEY WEAVE BASKET ONTOP MOTOR WAHALA O!

my oga don start again o

B5 passat is a very nice car

na B5.5 been get issues...and not all of it sef

na the "guinea pig" thingie cause the yawa

4-motion et al

(1) (Reply)

All System All-make(brand Scanner With Special Functions NT644 (two Months Used) / Please Suggest A Very Good Tokunbo Car For Me / Special Deals For Returning Concept Nova Subscribers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.