Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,678 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business (4018 Views)

Problems That Threaten the Survival Of LPG(Cooking Gas) Retail Outlet Business / I Need To Start A Gas Retail Business / Modular Domestic Gas Retail Business: I Need Advice On Start Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 3:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
i moved into an area were i discovered you need to go a very long distance before you refill your cylinder. this steered up the desire to service my environment. i dont have money for a big set up. i would want to know what the basic requirements are. minimum amount needed etc
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by kings20(m): 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2017
it could cost #4-16M
depends on how big u want it
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Lsofdk(m): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
kings20:
it could cost #4-16M

You just want to kill his hopes. He requested for the minimum start up capital and you're saying #4m undecided

6 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Plutusgas: 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2017
Do u want to have a mini gas plant or do u want to have a small shop whereby u go to a gas plant to buy at a reduced prize and den re sell to final consumers.
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Plutusgas: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2017
aAK1:
i moved into an area were i discovered you need to go a very long distance before you refill your cylinder. this steered up the desire to service my environment. i dont have money for a big set up. i would want to know what the basic requirements are. minimum amount needed etc

If what u want is a small retail shop. I need to ask, are u going to b in charge or u will put some one to over see the business for u. Depending on cost of rent for the shop. With 1million or a little less. u shd b fine to keep ds off. Just identify a gasplant and purchase from them. N den resell. You need to buy cylinders, weighing scale, re fill hose etc.

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Plutusgas: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2017
If u will running d business ursef. You probably need to go learn how to fill d cylinders. That is how to transfer d gas from your cylinder to that of your customers. This is very important, so dat you dont waste your gas, coz gas any little carelessness. E don loss b dat. Also honesty is important. Do not cut corners by under filling customers cylinders. They will run once de notice this.
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2017
Plutusgas:

If what u want is a small retail shop. I need to ask, are u going to b in charge or u will put some one to over see the business for u. Depending on cost of rent for the shop. With 1million or a little less. u shd b fine to keep ds off. Just identify a gasplant and purchase from them. N den resell. You need to buy cylinders, weighing scale, re fill hose etc.
my business at the moment is very flexible so i wont mind attending to it my self.
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:25pm On Jun 09, 2017
aAK1:

I love your business acumen, first you have detected a need.

2 Likes

Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
Plutusgas:
If u will running d business ursef. You probably need to go learn how to fill d cylinders. That is how to transfer d gas from your cylinder to that of your customers. This is very important, so dat you dont waste your gas, coz gas any little carelessness. E don loss b dat. Also honesty is important. Do not cut corners by under filling customers cylinders. They will run once de notice this.
thanks ive actually been searching online for measurement and transfer devices that will make it easier and safer
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 8:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
kings20:
it could cost #4-16M

if i have 4 to 16m i wont even be asking
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 8:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
Plutusgas:
Do u want to have a mini gas plant or do u want to have a small shop whereby u go to a gas plant to buy at a reduced prize and den re sell to final consumers.
for a start i will like to get from gas plants and resell
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by guru1234: 10:00am On Jun 10, 2017
aAK1:
thanks ive actually been searching online for measurement and transfer devices that will make it easier and safer

Please someone should please respond concerning this Op question
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by kings20(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2017
aAK1:
for a start i will like to get from gas plants and resell

You need at least about 50 of dose big cylinders
A weight machine to check d size of ur customers cylinders before and after filling
A calculator
Two cylinder filling pipe and tap

a lot more other things

u need to have a huge capital to go in especially with current sky rocking prices
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2017
kings20:

You need at least about 50 of dose big cylinders
A weight machine to check d size of ur customers cylinders before and after filling
A calculator
Two cylinder filling pipe and tap

a lot more other things

u need to have a huge capital to go in especially with current sky rocking prices
thanks. But I see a lot of people around abuja selling gas with way less than 50 cylinders. Infant, the guy I buy from operates his business under a tree with only a few cylinders and a few accessories he sells. That guys set up can't be more than 300k
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Plutusgas: 1:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
U surely do not need anything near 50... i guess he meant 5..

1 Like

Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by aAK1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
happy sunday guys.i went out to do some research over the weekend and i must say i learnt alot. i will be meeting with some business owners tomorrow. i will also upload pictures of some of the places i went.
Re: Setting Up A Small Scale(basic) Cooking Gas Retail Business by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:31pm On Mar 08, 2019
aAK1:
happy sunday guys.i went out to do some research over the weekend and i must say i learnt alot. i will be meeting with some business owners tomorrow. i will also upload pictures of some of the places i went.
So what was the minimum amount you started the cooking gas business with??

(1) (Reply)

I Need Wholesale Dealers Of Kitchen Utensils And Gift Items / Please What Can I Do With N2000 / Zenith Bank Joins Commonwealth Council As Strategic Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.