Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,965 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? (2309 Views)

Is It Okay For My Mum To Send Money And Food To My Married Sister ?? / Photos Of A Boy Who Takes His Disabled Mum To Work Daily Before Going To School / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by YOLO1(m): 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hey. Please just wanna know if my girlfriend's mum to ask about how much I earn? she even went to the extent of telling me to take her to my place of work without she having anything to do there. Ever since my girlfriend introduced me to her, she has tend to have dominating influence over our relationship. Sometimes, I try to free myself and be the man of my relationship by disobeying some of her wishes but it doesn't go well with my girlfriend most times. Other times, I just do her wishes in other not to look rude to her.
Please, just want to know to what extent my mother-in-law to be have control over the relationship, what extent of info am I obliged to give to her, and how do I appear not to be rude when going against her will and wishes.
Thanks
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by GloriaNinja(f): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
undecided SHE SOUNDS Desperate

5 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by kinibigdeal(m): 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2017
She need to be sure who shes giving out her daughter to

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2017
MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!

Dude....run!

12 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!

Dude....run!
I concur

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by torres89: 6:05pm On Jun 09, 2017
first , she isn't your mother inlaw at least not yet.

secondly u need to man the hell up , if u ain't comfortable with something , just say it.

the heavens won't fall

7 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by tommybliss007(m): 6:07pm On Jun 09, 2017
baba no dey form over familiarity with her.she will surely be a pin in the ass Wen you marry her daughter xo how you handle this matter now determine wat WIll happen wen you decide to take your gf as a wife

4 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Partnerbiz3: 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2017
You never marry and them don dey form issues..

E be like i will buy big tv with my marriage money sef..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by uboma(m): 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
Run away from such relationship.
If you eventually marry her, your mother inlaw will still control you.
do not ignore the red flag starring hard at you now.

What is her business with how much you earn?

5 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by hideraoluwa(f): 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
It's Not Polite At All..... That's Rubbish Na..

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Bleon99: 6:41pm On Jun 09, 2017
YOLO1:
Hey. Please just wanna know if my girlfriend's mum to ask about how much I earn? she even went to the extent of telling me to take her to my place of work without she having anything to do there. Ever since my girlfriend introduced me to her, she has tend to have dominating influence over our relationship. Sometimes, I try to free myself and be the man of my relationship by disobeying some of her wishes but it doesn't go well with my girlfriend most times. Other times, I just do her wishes in other not to look rude to her.
Please, just want to know to what extent my mother-in-law to be have control over the relationship, what extent of info am I obliged to give to her, and how do I appear not to be rude when going against her will and wishes.
Thanks
well, in my opinion; if the man is taking good care of her said daughter and the mother in law to be still ask such question then, that is a RED FLAG as that shouldn't be her call if her daughter did not complain. furthermore,the man involve should be careful. don't get use by such family.
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Elmojiid(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
oga ade run as fast as u can o...dnt even lookback while running

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by dingbang(m): 6:45pm On Jun 09, 2017
I would tell the girl plainly that I don't like her mum's attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by waywardpikin: 6:54pm On Jun 09, 2017
Guy, run! These are major red flags that you should take heed of now. Not the one that you'll get married now and start complaining about the very same thing that you noticed during courtship. It's even worse that she tends to get upset when you refuse to do her mother's bidding. Be wise!

Speaking from experience

Check out this thread and see why you should not trivialise issues such as this. This could be you, but it's not your portion https://www.nairaland.com/3846446/please-want-file-divorce-asap. It's not every time we should learn from experience. Let's learn from others too.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by eyinjuege: 7:11pm On Jun 09, 2017
Hope you know if you go ahead and get married, that union cannot last.

It's even understandable if it was the girlfriend doing all that, but for the mother to be so intrusive?
Yoir life will be made a living hell, especially since the girl sees nothing wrong

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by bayocanny: 9:52pm On Jun 09, 2017
Better pick race, the woman wan reason your mata

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by ioreth69(f): 1:25am On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!

Dude....run!
Gbam!!!
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by wadetaw202: 8:28am On Jun 10, 2017
YOLO1:
Thanks

If anyone should be concerned about your salary, it should be your gf and not her mom. It looks like the girl is also immature
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by ImaIma1(f): 9:52am On Jun 10, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
MAJOR RED FLAG!!!!

Dude....run!

Big red flag. The woman has no right whatsoever. Stop picking her calls often. Stop relating so much with her. Take a stand and maintain it. She is OUT OF LINE

2 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Femsyn(m): 11:24am On Jun 10, 2017
For more emphasis, that's a major major red flag. Yes, she might want to inquire about your ability to take care of her daughter, but that route and manner she took is a big issue, as her poke nosing will only get worse

3 Likes

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by darlenese(f): 12:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
when are u ready to leave the bondage u call relationship. msheeeew some guys can be too soft haba, you are seeing a red flag and u are still there. better dump her daughter for her ASAP.

dnt even talk about love, Abeg u can do without her, trust me.
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by vital123: 7:55pm On Jun 10, 2017
YOLO1:
Thanks
The mother is trying to confirm if you can take care of her daughter after marriage but the way she goes about it is wrong. What is your lady's take on the 2 issues you raised above?
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Achiles: 9:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
I was in shoes years back. Thank God I heeded advice of good people around me dumped my then gf. I am happy for it today. Run while you still can.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Achiles: 9:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
I was in your shoes years back. Thank God I heeded advice of good people around me dumped my then gf. I am happy for it today. Run while you still can.
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by lharstborn(m): 1:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Dude...you are seeing the red flags and you still seeking advice from Nairalanders? It seems you have no love for yourself, your family and your unborn kids if you eventually get married to your girlfriend.
The 1st Red flag : Your girlfriend sees nothing wrong in her mother's actions, and even quarrels with you whenever you subtly refuse her mother's bidding..is that one a girlfriend? She cannot even stand up to her mother and defend you, which invariably means she can't stand for herself, make her own decisions and stick by it whether her mother approves of it or not.
The 2nd Red flag : Why would your gf mother enquire about your income and even had the effontery to come to your place of work..who does that.?
Dude..whether you go ahead with the relationship or not is your cup of brew, peeps advising you to man up and stand by your decisions do not have your best interest at heart, because if you eventually marry the girl, the mother will still influence you by proxy through the daughter.
RUN AS FAST AS YOUR LEGS CAN CARRY YOU MAN!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by ednut1(m): 2:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
I trust d op wont run as advised. In 4 years time he go open thread to lament about hin marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by thymm50(m): 9:21pm On Jun 11, 2017
Your girl did a very bad job when she told her mum about you, so I blame her first. The truth is most concerned parents ask their daughters questions concerning finances, family background, etc, so I blame her mum, for asking you a question she could have easily asked the daughter. I won't advice you to just run away. Confront your girl and tell her how you feel about the whole thing, if possible insist that she relates to her mum your take on the matter. Observe their response and subsequent reaction towards you. Your girls personality and stand will also come into consideration, can she tell her mum to back off if need be? Take your time, do a sincere assessment and make your decision. Good luck
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 11, 2017
OP have you watched "THE FLASH" ? Do you see the way he RUNS ?

That is the same way you should RUN for your dear life.
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by DonroxyII: 2:12am On Jun 12, 2017
YOLO1:
Thanks
Na wa for u oooo ..... Marriage and relationship is meant for a Man not a Boy .....
So, Man up to your GF and tell her No, her mother doesn't have any right to poke nose into your personal and private life .... If she vex, Dump her ass .....

Men are suppose to be king to their in laws not a slave ........

Me, I will dump the gf the very first time the mother ask me such a nonsense, stupid mother in law don't deserve me in their family!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by Fkforyou(m): 5:40am On Jun 12, 2017
Dump your girlfriend, she is a potential control freak and a mummys' girl.
Re: Is It Polite For My Girlfriend's Mum To Ask Me About My Income? by yvesboss(m): 8:06am On Jun 12, 2017
OP..that you have noticed the trend to put it up here alone gives you the red flag...please we dont want to see a similar thread 3 years later saying you are fed up with your marraige because of MIL influence ooo... take heed bro

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Tragic Story Of How A White Girl Being Born Black Tore A Family Apart / All Men Cheat But I Can’t Get Over The Psychological Trauma-pls Advise / How My Boyfriend Used Fake United State Of America Number To Scam Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.