Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Positive Or Negative Impact Of Science And Technology On Our Lives? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Positive Or Negative Impact Of Science And Technology On Our Lives? (1307 Views)

4 Lesbian Students Expelled From Kebbi State College Of Science And Technology / Parents: We Almost Aborted Success Adegor, Now Her Video Has Changed Our Lives / NASU Strike Is Wasting Our Lives; NYSC Has Been Put On Hold Due To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Positive Or Negative Impact Of Science And Technology On Our Lives? by Aminu212: 10:21am On Jun 10, 2017
Impact of science and technology on our lives

Positive or negative effects?

Over the years science and technology have changed our lives, the way we do things, etc.

Some of this changes have impacted positively on our lives while others are negative.

For example take a look at the invention of mobile phones, back then in the old in days, if we want to communicate with our loved ones, we write letters to them which usually takes like a week to be delivered.
But now look at what science and technology have brought to us, if we want to speak with our loved ones, it only takes a few clicks and a few seconds.

Again take a look at the invention of bombs, look at the destruction caused by this.
But, do you really think that science and technology is responsible for this?

When i mentioned the word 'bomb' what comes into every body's mind was destruction of property or war.
Do you know that bomb has its own uses i.e positive use?
okay, i will tell you.
Bomb can be used to break down rock into particles.
imagine that we want to build road and we have a rock as an obstruction, cant we use bomb to destroy the rock?
Also, if we want to demolish a house quickly, we can also employ bomb.

From this, is the discovery and invention of bomb the cause of this destruction or the misuse of bomb?

I will tell you a story of two students jack and joe who both hail from a rich family. This students were given access to smartphone and computer.
Jack usually play games, watch movies and chat with his smartphone and computer.
Joe on the the other hand usually download books, read and research with his smartphone an computer.
When this two students wrote exam, jack failed but Joe came out with an awesome results.

Now i want to ask you this question.
is the smartphone and computer provided to jack responsible for his failure?

i can hear that you answered No.
Yes you were correct, the smartphone and computer provided to jack by his parents was not the cause of his failure but the inability of him to utilize these devices for good lead to his own failure!!

Similarly, Our own ability and inability to make good use of science and technologies will bring us the positive and negative effects of science and technology unto us.

So always make good use of science and technology.

if you have something to say, why not use the comment box to say it as this may change someone's life or if you don't have anything to say, why not just like and share this post so that someone may see it and say something that will change your life for good.

Thanks for reading.

You can see this type of post via https://mbasic.facebook.com/Science-and-Technology-club-338670869661804/

(1) (Reply)

How To Check Your Unilag Score Aggregate 2017/18 / ASUU Strike Is Likely To Be Called Off This Week - Minister Of Education / How And Why Does The Truth Always Exist In All Drunk Person's Word When Talking?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.