Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps (926 Views)

List Of Radio Stations In Oyo State (with Frequencies And Location) / List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC / Full List Of Radio Stations In Nigeria, Frequency, Location And Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by emonkey(m): 8:34pm On Jun 10, 2017

There was once a time when you could be sure that the music you hear on radio represented the best on and off the music charts. A time when radio stations actually paid musicians to play their songs. Maybe they still do in many pats of the world, but in Nigeria if a song gets palyed on radio you can be sure that the musician has paid money for the privilege.. And thus in an era of the most unimaginative and brainless music, radio becomes a tool of torture for the discerning music lover .
The greatest loser is the art itself, because good music with no pocket to back it up consequently dies a sorrowfil death, while the air continues to be filled with the hideous noise of musicians who would anywhere else in the world be considered less than of average talent, only they locally have money to buy themselves a lot of fame. I am astounded that these radio OAPs can't fit it into their heads that their future rests in the hands of new talent rather than of their own greed.

I baited Beat City Radio very recently to ask what it would take to have a good song by a remarkably good artist played, and I received the following response :

"...Thanks For taking out your time to reach us , Your music was
successfully reviewed.
Here is our price tag For Music and Video Submission (#SORPROMO)
Music Upload - #3,000
Music Airplay (1 week) - #3,000
Music Airplay (1 month) - #5,000
Music Airplay in between shows – (1 Month) - #7000
Artist’s promotion + Exclusive Interview and media tour – #25,000
Our prices our not fix , Due to the current on going promo , that why our prices are 70% off .."

Apparently the gravy train passes also through all other radio staion these days. The good thing though is that radio is on its way out. It will soon be totally killed by internet, mobile technology and social media. So, you wonderful OAPs, enjoy the spoils of your loot today; eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die. And that thought gives me more than a bit of satisfaction.

~ Dude

http://iska.space/content/avarice-art-and-radio-station

1 Like

Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by ebukahandsome(m): 8:40pm On Jun 10, 2017
Naija i hail thee
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by Luizkid(m): 8:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
if u're been truthful to urself, would you leave ur dial on a station playing a track by an unpopular artiste or tune 2 the next station playing a song by an A-list artiste? C'mon u have to compensate them, u think it's easy running a Radio station especially in Naija?
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by felifeli: 9:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
Luizkid:
if u're been truthful to urself, would you leave ur dial on a station playing a track by an unpopular artiste or tune 2 the next station playing a song by an A-list artiste? C'mon u have to compensate them, u think it's easy running a Radio station especially in Naija?

What is this one talking? Do you also run your business by taking bribe?
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by Luizkid(m): 9:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
felifeli:

it's like u have a problem with comprehension, so someone charges u for a service and u termed it a bribe? Is radio station a record label to be promoting ur song for free? typical naija, would want everything free.
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by felifeli: 9:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Luizkid:

it's like u have a problem with comprehension, so someone charges u for a service and u termed it a bribe? Is radio station a record label to be promoting ur song for free? typical naija, would want everything free.

Go and sleep . Only in Nigeria such things happen openly.
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by Luizkid(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2017
felifeli:

Go and sleep . Only in Nigeria such things happen openly.

where did dis one crawled out from this nyt? What did you know about things that happen outside Nigeria? just because pple ar saying only in Naija, pple lyk u who has never left his state will join them. anyway let me take ur advice n go to bed hence i'd be dragged down to ur level.
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by taiwofawole: 10:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
emonkey:

http://iska.space/content/avarice-art-and-radio-station
if you run a radio station , you would air play every one song for free right why don't we put things in our shoes , where do you think the get money maintain the station, do you know how much the spend per day to run a station , Do you think in abroad the pay you for which ever song you sing your song does not drive traffic to the station , then what is the use . if i tune in to any station and i don't hear top naija artist song , i change the dial likewise every one . Think before you talk
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by taiwofawole: 10:10pm On Jun 10, 2017
felifeli:

Please learn word before using them . do you know the meaning of bribe using the word "your business" Your business your policy, why will i take bribe for my business . Please use your head
Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by felifeli: 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
taiwofawole:

Please learn word before using them . do you know the meaning of bribe using the word "your business" Your business your policy, why will i take bribe for my business . Please use your head

You too go and sleep with that your loser brother above. The money collected does not go to the bank account of the radio but to the pocket of OAP. Read the man's write up again before coming here to embarrass yourself.

1 Like

Re: Radio Stations And Greedy Oaps by Flawlessangel(m): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
Lol 2 of una get problem

(1) (Reply)

[.COM] YOUNG CENT FT KING LAWRE BLUE – NO TIME / Does Music Affect Your Mood? / [new Music] Islambo – SKRRR (prod. By Pioneerbeatz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.