Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? (799 Views)

Pentecostal Holiness Church Collapses In South Africa, Kills 13 People / Why Don't Pastors Preach About PAUPER'S TITHE As Prescribed By Scriptures? / Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by castrokins(m): 7:51am On Jun 11, 2017
I Asked These Questions Few Days Ago On Facebook And Though It Elicited Reactions, Nobody Attempted To Answer The Question. Most Commenters Rather Made Failed Attempts To Defend Their Pastors Rather Than Look Into The Issues I Raised.

Nigerian Christians, Why Don't Most Pentecostal Church Pastors Sit In Church For Commencement Of Church Sessions?.

Usually, They're Ushered In With Several Layers Of Security After Praise And Worship Has Been Taken. Most Times Too, Members Are Conditioned To Rise As The Pastor Walks In, This Is Regardless Of What Activity Was Going On.

Do They Worship God In Isolation Or Are Exempted From This Important Aspect Of Church Activities?
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by emeijeh(m): 7:54am On Jun 11, 2017
They do.

But I have noticed your observation in bigger churches
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by castrokins(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2017
When They Do As You've Said, They're Around The Building Presumably In Their Office Until The First Prayers, Praise And Worships Are Taken.

emeijeh:
They do.

Op, which church do you attend?
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by sonofluc1fer: 8:03am On Jun 11, 2017
You need some time with the Holy Ganja before you can reliz za word unto za pple.. you got to take yourself away from the people like the nigger Jesus did in BIble times, you know.. and just take it all in.

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by bigtt76(f): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2017
They probably seat and analyze the auditorium to make sure it's a full house before showing up
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by firstking01(m): 9:15am On Jun 11, 2017
Question from a reprobate mind.
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by omoowhe: 10:59am On Jun 11, 2017
they are probably bigger than the praise and worship sessions
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by ivolt: 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Because they understand the real value of praise and worship i.e worthless.
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2017
castrokins:
I Asked These Questions Few Days Ago On Facebook And Though It Elicited Reactions, Nobody Attempted To Answer The Question. Most Commenters Rather Made Failed Attempts To Defend Their Pastors Rather Than Look Into The Issues I Raised.

Nigerian Christians, Why Don't Most Pentecostal Church Pastors Sit In Church For Commencement Of Church Sessions?.

Usually, They're Ushered In With Several Layers Of Security After Praise And Worship Has Been Taken. Most Times Too, Members Are Conditioned To Rise As The Pastor Walks In, This Is Regardless Of What Activity Was Going On.

Do They Worship God In Isolation Or Are Exempted From This Important Aspect Of Church Activities?
Your assertion is totally wrong as there many preachers that partake in praise and worship without even attracting recognition. The ones you have seen do what you assert because they spent more time with Yahweh in their closet praying and praising Yahweh similar to what Moses did on Mount Sinai. Their job is to dish the word and pray although not all preachers does that as it boils down to their system of worship in their parish.
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by castrokins(m): 3:20pm On Jun 11, 2017
Thank You So Much, ASUUSTRIKE

I Totally Understand Your Religious Leaning And I Know You Most Likely Don't Get To See First Hand What I Am Talking About.

In Any Event, Granted They Spend Time Preparing The Word, Does That Exempt Them From Praising God In The Gathering Of God's People?

Ofcourse We Are Admonished To Seek The Face Of God Before Heading To Church, But What's The Essence Of Going To Church If You'd Not Be Part Of An Important Session As Worship And Praise?

I'm Just Curious. I Hope People Of Pentecostal Standing Will Answer...

asuustrike2009:
Your assertion is totally wrong as there many preachers that partake in praise and worship without even attracting recognition. The ones you have seen do what you assert because they spent more time with Yahweh in their closet praying and praising Yahweh similar to what Moses did on Mount Sinai. Their job is to dish the word and pray although not all preachers does that as it boils down to their system of worship in their parish.
Re: Why Don't Pentecostal Church Pastors Partake In Worship? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
castrokins:
Thank You So Much, ASUUSTRIKE

I Totally Understand Your Religious Leaning And I Know You Most Likely Don't Get To See First Hand What I Am Talking About.

In Any Event, Granted They Spend Time Preparing The Word, Does That Exempt Them From Praising God In The Gathering Of God's People?

Ofcourse We Are Admonished To Seek The Face Of God Before Heading To Church, But What's The Essence Of Going To Church If You'd Not Be Part Of An Important Session As Worship And Praise?

I'm Just Curious. I Hope People Of Pentecostal Standing Will Answer...

I think I have given you the answer based on practical and biblical illustration. Probably you may looking at it from the orthodox view but there's no scripture to be best of my knowledge saying this is the pattern of worship were the minister must be present at all times. If there's kindly post it here.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 13/06/17 / Cele: Mambilla Plateau Celebrates Their First Female Catechist (pics) / Update About Joel Osteen Towards Flood Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.