Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:12 AM

The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. (494 Views)

Do We Have Field Marshal In Nigerian Army? / Vehicles Manufactured For Nigeria Army By Innoson [photos] / IPOB Member Declares He Is Ready To Die In Battle With Nigerian Army (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by principi(m): 10:56am On Jun 11, 2017
A mere sight of these guys in their uniform evokes fear into the heart of an ordinary Nigerian.
In other countries of the world, the Army is often praised for its gallant personnel and unselfish acts to the growth of such country. In Nigeria, the reverse is often the case.
This bad yet erroneous view of the army is not unconnected with the repressive and inhumane treatment some Nigerians have suffered in the hands of men in khaki. Many youths in the indomie generation may not truly understand the 'Pains' the older generation have passed through in the hands of the men in Khaki Uniform.
Books and articles have been written to portray the repressive nature of these noble men. Yet, very few people have actually shown Nigerians the other side of the Army.
I saw a post some days ago by a friend Bright Udo Ekanem extolling the virtues of the military. The post spurred this short write-up.
The Boko Haram crisis have claimed the lives of over 100,000 Nigerians and has led to the displacement of more than 2 million Nigerians since 2011 (Naij.com and premium times).
Although there is really no accurate information about the number of soldiers who have lost their lives, yet some analyst have put the numbers of soldiers who have died to be more than 700. The real figure may surpass this though.
These men are humans like you and I who have made a choice to defend our fatherland. While some may have enlisted out of unemployment or any reason, yet their bold courage to say YES has automatically given them the Right to be celebrated.
They are always called up to help the Police in cases that are way beyond the police Control.
They are often given the 'dirty job' and are the least rewarded in terms of remuneration among the arm forces.
Many of them have returned home in body bags. Others come home with one leg or with a hand shattered by gunshot. What about the Post Traumatic Stress those in the warfare face? Many children are left fatherless and once married women become widows.
Their single code to be lowkeyed has made them sometimes overlooked by the Public.
There is no doubt that the army needs more training in respecting Human Rights and also in engaging in a cordial relationship with the ''Bloody Civilian''. There is also no doubt that Honour should be given to those whom honour is due.
We the civilian also have to give them the respect they need and also to cooperate when its appropriate.
The next time you see one come your way, just offer to say a ''hi''. Sometimes that is just what they need.
Written by Prince Ekanem.

GOD BLESS NAIRALAND
GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA..

Seun
Lala

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by ebukahandsome(m): 11:01am On Jun 11, 2017
The other side of npf nko?

2 Likes

Re: The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by Homeboiy: 11:04am On Jun 11, 2017
The other side of civil defence nko?

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by decatalyst(m): 11:05am On Jun 11, 2017
My dream job is actually to be a soldier...I would still grab the opportunity if one is thrown at me but, the Nigeria Police Force? Lai lai! Over my dead decomposing body!

Godspeed soldiers!

God bless NA

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by hmbassey1960(m): 11:09am On Jun 11, 2017
Great write up

1 Like

Re: The Other Side Of The Nigerian Army By A Nairalander. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 11, 2017
decatalyst:
My dream job is actually to be a soldier...I would still grab the opportunity if one is thrown at me but, the Nigeria Police Force? Lai lai! Over my dead decomposing body!

Godspeed soldiers!

God bless NA

God bless Nigeria.
Same here too. I want to be a commando Ethiopian soldier. I also wants to be a historian and army General. cool

(1) (Reply)

How Driverless Cars Could Reduce Deaths On The Road / Sorry Can Anyone Please Explain This!!! / Kim Kardashian & Kanye West Hire Surrogate To Have Their Third Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.