Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) (671 Views)

Genotype: The First Thing To Ask If A Guy Seeks To Have A Relationship With You / Governor Obiano Transformed Onitsha General Hospital (Photos) / Doctor Collapses And Dies While On Duty In Benin Hospital. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by Kericoo(m): 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2017

The prevalence of HIV-AIDS has reduced significantly, thanks to the massive sensitization on all fronts. The stigma associated with people living with the deadly disease has also reduced but the war has not been completely won. Thus to be an HIV patient can one of the most agonizing moments in one’s life.

This explains why a Thai woman is completely distraught she was wrongly diagnosed as HIV-positive as a child. The woman is now suing the Thai Ministry of Public Health for an alleged ruined childhood.
Suthida Sangsumart, who was diagnosed with AIDS when she was 8 years old by a doctor from the Suvarnabhumi Hospital in Roi Et province after her father passed away from the same disease, is suing the Suvarnabhumi Hospital because as it turns out — she’s not HIV positive.
Earlier this week, Suthida and her lawyer Songkran Achariyasab allowed members of the media to watch her latest blood test at the Thai Red Cross Society’s Anonymous Clinic.

She said; I started taking the medicine on HIV disease since then. I had to move to Samut Prakarn province after people in my hometown disliked me because of my father’s cause of death and the doctor’s diagnosis that I had Aids,”
‘I cried alone every night at home. No money could repay what I lost and I would like to tell the doctor.’

More : http://bongogist.com/top_gist/woman-wrongly-diagnosed-hiv-15-years-ago-seeks-sue-hospital.html
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by subtlemee(f): 6:10pm On Jun 11, 2017
Is she very sure of this? Cos after long term use of antiretro-virals and the effectiveness of the virus is subdued and its multiplication suppressed you could test negative..

I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by Epositive(m): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
what kind of silly mistake is this? undecided , the "wack" doctor has to pay for the damages done. period!!! angry

#positivevibes
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by SuperSuave(m): 6:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
15years is a really long time o shocked they really spoiled her life small sha cos she must have been depressed most of the time
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by Jafar1: 6:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:
Is she very sure of this? Cos after long term use of retro-virals and the effectiveness of the virus is subdued and its multiplication suppressed you could test negative..

I stand to be corrected
how do u mean!!?
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by carzola(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:
Is she very sure of this? Cos after long term use of retro-virals and the effectiveness of the virus is subdued and its multiplication suppressed you could test negative..

I stand to be corrected
why dont you get your facts right first rather than stand corrected..
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by Kericoo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2017
Jafar1:
how do u mean!!?

Ask the guy o o
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by divinehand2003(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hmmm

Good for them. They will pay heavily for their mistake.
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by thesicilian: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
subtlemee:

I stand to be corrected
You are right. There have been several cases of seroconversion among HIV positive persons over the years, both in those on and off antiretroviral drugs. So if she didn't get a second opinion back then 15yrs ago, there's nothing she can really achieve now by suing the doctors.
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by subtlemee(f): 6:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
carzola:
why dont you get your facts right first rather than stand corrected..

Medical researches are being done everyday,results released every minute...I don't just type English,i type intellectually
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by ramdris(m): 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
OMG! She must av been through hell. Imagine her expecting death for over 15 years...which could av made her less ambitious or eager to hustle for success..
Re: Woman Wrongly Diagnosed With HIV 15 Years Ago Seeks To Sue The Hospital(Photos) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
I hope she wins. I can't imagine her suffering throughout those 15 years. They need to publicly acknowledge their wrongdoing and they need to compensate her. None of these will undo what has been done but it's the least they can do with regards to granting her her much-needed justice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Simple Skin Care Tips To Slow Aging And Wrinkles / You Can Have Twins With Your Prefered Sex / For Men Only: Which Is The Best.... Healthwise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.