Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] (1515 Views)

LOVE SEX CRIME (story By Topedoski) / Beware Of What You Eat- A Short Story By Avatarmode / Done In 60 Seconds (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
This story SETBACK is written and solely owned by Afolabi Olajumoke (jummiepearl)

No part of it is allowed to be copied and pasted on any page or website or to be reproduced to any electronic form or else I will borrow thunder from my brother TheBlessedMAN

Dedication:This story is dedicated to God Almight and to my mother....

Do not hesitate to correct me if there is any mistake because this will be my first story

Ur comments will be highly appreciated....first episode comes up soon!!!!

Thanks
Cc. Jummipearl 2017
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by TheBlessedMAN: 10:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
Am on board
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 10:43pm On Jun 11, 2017
::::::***EPISODE ONE***::::::

"I can't go back to secondary school,I can't! Imagine a whole me going back to secondary school. I can't and i will never...it is not by force to go to school" i said angrly

"Will you shut up there my friend shut the hell up and you don't talk when am talking. You don't want to go back to secondary school Abi tell me who will give you the money for your SSCE just tell me,see let me tell you Mr Edafe will be here tommorow he's a principal in a government school at Ekiti State,he will help. You should even be thankful am giving you a second chance because you don't deserve it. You squadered my money you wasted my hard earn money. You should be ashame of your self" Dad said

Am sorry i know have made mistakes ,i know i acted like the prodigal son but am deeply sorry.....

"Deeply sorry When you were spending my hard earn money lavishly you weren't sorry?? Now you are sorry" Dad said

I was still on my knees crying when his phone rang

Dad:Hello ore
silence
Dad:Yes
Silence
Dad:ok thanks ...he ended the call

Edafe just called me he he will be hear tomorrow so just get yourself prepared he said walking out of the room

Why am i so foolish God why have been praying to God to forgive me all my sins but it seems he is not ready to forgive me. How can a full grown up like me go back to secondary school after 3years of signing out officially from secondary school. Am not even going back to join the recent s.s 3 student but to join s.s2 student from first term all in the name of getting SSCE ...maybe i should just die..i can't imagine how i will look like in a school uniform,sitting among small small kids in class. I can't when it is not by force to go to school. My siblings are not financially stable,my mother is down in the village and the only person that can give me the money is my father and now he's refusing i don't think i have any other option....i was still deep in thought when i slept off
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Dopeyomi(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2017
Following... But u need to correct some typographical error in the first update.. Thanks..

#Entering GhostMode..
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 7:54am On Jun 12, 2017
Dopeyomi:
Following... But u need to correct some typographical error in the first update.. Thanks..

#Entering GhostMode..
Okay thanks
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 8:39am On Jun 12, 2017
****CONTINUATION *****

My name is Tomilola Olaniran,will be 20years this coming October,am the last born of the family. My father has two wives,and my mother happens to be the second wife.They both gave birth to four Children each,my step mom gave birth to two boys and two girls while my mom gave birth to only four females

My mother(Mrs Victoria) tried in her own part to bring us up,she made sure will lack nothing,she sacrificed a lot for her childeren.She is from Olomoro Delta State. According to her,She met my father when he was in the police force back in the 80's,She said my father was kind to her and her family that was why she agreed to marry him not minding he was already married to a Yoruba woman before coming to Warri. She Said my father suddenly changed after the birth of her second child(Tomisin) in warri... Its all stated in a day mum narrates....

***Flashblack***

23/4/1986

"Woman whether you like it or not am going back to Oyo state" Kunle said angrily

"You must be joking kunle,I can't leave here with you to your state,how am I going to survive in a strange land how??" Victoria questioned

Kunle stood up ..."look here,have already sold my car,am quitting this police job am tired of it am leaving warri first thing tomorrow morning!"

Kunle was about leaving the room when Victoria held his hand

You can't quit your job,you even sold your can,how her we going to survive coz even with the job you were still unable to fend for the family if not for the small money am earning from my teaching job" Victoria said

kunle smiled.."so you are mocking me right"

No am just saying the reason why you can't quit your job for now Victoria said innocently

"That is why we have to leave warri to state a new life in my hometown" he paused to clear his throat

Sorry "Victoria said

Thank you

"Am going to buy a land to start farming business,

"Farming! Kunle neither will i follow you nor my kids ,you can go to anywhere you want am not leaving here" Victoria said on top of her voice

"its okay,i will leave without you nonsense" kunle dashed out of the room angrily

The next day Victoria went to her place of work,getting back him she only met Dolapo her first child

Mama welcome dolapi greeted kneeling down

"Welcome my daughter,how was school today"victoria asked

Its was fine ma" dolapo said

"Where is your sister??"Victoria asked curiously

"she followed daddy out when we came back from school"dolapo said

She did what?am finished,who do i run to,dolapo we are going to Oyo state tomorrow morning"Victoria said trembling

"okay mama

Victoria dashed out of the house to kunle's friend house Edafe to asked for the address
The address was given to her.

I can't leave my daughter alone,i can't ...i must go and bring her back!!!

Please help me invite people oo
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by EvaJael(f): 11:54am On Jun 12, 2017
I'm here. Please add my name to your register of readers. I'll invite my fwends
Queenitee...I've reached before you again
Akinwale14...I beat you to it again.
mhizdherbee
kimberlywest
kimkardashain
hadampson
hormobolanle
ikombe
pearl009
alexbabybird
chiizzypresh
holuwanoisy111
That's all I can remember for now. They'll invite others too.
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2017
EvaJael:
mhizdherbee
kimberlywest
kimkardashain
hadampson
hormobolanle
ikombe
pearl009
alexbabybird
chiizzypresh
holuwanoisy111
Eva eva, why you come reach before me nah. Oya shift lemme sit. Ladysuperb and talk2sanity dey come o. Boo book Adesina12 yungeez where are thou?
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dopeyomi:

#Entering GhostMode..
Why you go enter ghost mood?
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Dopeyomi(m): 12:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
jummiepearl:

Okay thanks

Just try to read each update again after posting to notice and correct the errors..

Nice story you've got miss..
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 12:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Aunty, carry go as my sis said, we ain't going nowhere
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Dopeyomi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:
Why you go enter ghost mood?
Just because ure a diva and i'd love to meet u..
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 12:13pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dopeyomi:

Just because ure a diva and i'd love to meet u..
Lol
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Kamelot77(m): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2017
following
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Dopeyomi(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:
Lol
or what do you think
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by EvaJael(f): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:

Eva eva, why you come reach before me nah. Oya shift lemme sit. Ladysuperb and talk2sanity dey come o. Boo book Adesina12 yungeez where are thou?
Ayaf shift sista mi
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by yungeez(m): 12:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
Hmmm... i gat a feeling dat dis is going to b a great piece... oyah queenitee carry my atm card go charter popcorn come 4 everybody.
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2017
yungeez:
Hmmm... i gat a feeling dat dis is going to b a great piece... oyah queenitee carry my atm card go charter popcorn come 4 everybody.
Oya bring the card
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by yungeez(m): 12:54pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:
Oya bring the card
Come collect am, i dey d other room
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2017
yungeez:

Come collect am, i dey d other room
I'm coming
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by yungeez(m): 1:09pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:

I'm coming
abeg nor 4get 2 lock d door wen u enter, i nor want any disturbance while i dey GIVE u d atm CARD
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by queenitee(f): 1:12pm On Jun 12, 2017
yungeez:

abeg nor 4get 2 lock d door wen u enter, i nor want any disturbance while i dey GIVE u d atm CARD
No problem
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
I don land.

Evajael thanks for the mention, you be my personal person.

Queenite abeg before you head to the other room, abeg you help me see Kimkardashian and dammyd46.

Jummiepearl nice story. Am following like kilode.
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by dammyd46(m): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
KimberlyWest:
I don land.

Evajael thanks for the mention, you be my personal person.

Queenite abeg before you head to the other room, abeg you help me see Kimkardashian and dammyd46.

Jummiepearl nice story. Am following like kilode.
I don land... following
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by dammyd46(m): 2:22pm On Jun 12, 2017
abeg awon ti other room don't forget the popcorn o.... Agbara is on the way
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by dammyd46(m): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
Thanks for the mention KimberlyWest always at your service...
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 3:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
queenitee:

Thank you
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by ladySuperb(f): 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Queenite!!! ayam here ooooo
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by Akinwale14(m): 3:32pm On Jun 12, 2017
EvaJael:
mhizdherbee
kimberlywest
kimkardashain
hadampson
hormobolanle
ikombe
pearl009
alexbabybird
chiizzypresh
holuwanoisy111
i don read this story yesterday,thanks for the mention tho
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by jummiepearl(f): 4:45pm On Jun 12, 2017
@****continuation****

*Mrs victoria's story continues *

Victoria got to Oyo state the following day with Dolapo,with the help of people she was able to get to kunle's hometown(OBA-OKE).

Kunle was outside the uncompleted hut listening to the big radio beside him. He saw a familiar figure aproaching him.He was surprised to see her

"Victoria!" He called out her name in shock

"Where is my daughter" Victoria asked giving him a stern look

"Your daughter is fine"Kunle replied her

"Bring out my daughter now if you don't want trouble" Victoria said shouting on top of her voice

Just then a lady in her early 30's walk out of the hut holding Tomisin.

Tomisin ran to Victoria.

"Oh my daughter,how are you,hope you're okay,did you eat,hope you slept well,don't worry mama is here to take you back to warri"Victoria said

"What is happening here??" The lady asked no one in particular

"Ehmmm,this is the mother of the girl" kunle said pointing to Victoria , Victoria this is your senior wife Abibat

Oh!Abibat exclaimed

"Welcome o wifey" abibat said mockingly...since you're here now ,you can just settle down here with your kids and enjoy your life"

"Thank you madam, but I can't stay here. I don't belong here,am going back to warri with my daughter right now,Tomisin go and bring your bag and lets leave"Victoria said holding her two kids

"No mama I don't want to go back, I want to stay with daddy" Tomisin said

Tears were already forming in victoria's eyes

"So you've decide to use my daughter againt me"Victoria asked rhetorically..No problem o ,Tomisin look at me, I gave birth to you,am your mother,we dont belong here,you can't stay here please" Victoria said crying

"Victoria,leave her alone,you can see she didn't want to follow you,just take Dolapo and leave here"Kunle said to her

She couldn't stand it,she can't leave her daughter in a strange land with strange people,so she decide to stay with her children just because Tomisin refuse to follow her back to warri. She was given a room to stay,she didn't come with anything ,she only came with her hand bag.

The first month of her stay in OBA-OKE was good,her husband made sure she lacked nothing during the first month,he enrolled Dolapo and Tomisin in the only primary school in the village .Her senior wife who also had two children already a boy and a girl was also accommodating .. The kids get along with each other and they were leaving happily.
Unknown to Victoria,things are about to change totally ....

1 Like

Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by hormobolanle: 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2017
Issokay.......... so anada soup Don dy fire OK na I hope say dis one go sweet sha? Wetin I dy talk self e must sweetgrin Wehdon sis Biko Kon update o
Re: SETBACK [story By Jummiepearl] by obafemylegacy(m): 11:28am On Jun 14, 2017
humn nice work

(1) (2) (Reply)

These Five People Will Never Go Far / 12-12-12 What A Strange Date / Half Or No Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.