Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,977 members, 7,814,333 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Professional Webdesign - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Professional Webdesign (826 Views)

How To I Get Motivation To Practice Webdesign ? / Urgently Need A Very Good Webdesign With A Good Knowledge In Wordpress,sql / Webdesign Softwares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2010
Goodday
My name is Aramide Adetunji, from design team technology, we offer affordable website design, if you need a website
please mail us at sales@designteamtechnology.com.

Here is the recent work we have done.

www.protrendglobal.com

Aramide Adetunji
www.designteamtechnology.com
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 10:26pm On Jan 21, 2010
Hello brotha, just a suggestion i have. Display textual content as text, not as images.
This will reduce load time greatly, it will help your sites' SEO.
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 10:28pm On Jan 21, 2010
Thanks Bro, it something i have considered, i will still work on it, but i dont want to loose the graphics of the links
all was done with fireworks.
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2010
You're welcome.
Re: Professional Webdesign by yawatide(f): 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2010
I didn't want to appear "harsh" (though a dose of that is needed every now and then, provided it is meant for good) and consequently be asked to "show your works" so I purposely didn't want to comment until someone else did.

There is NO excuse for the way that site is, especially not in 2010. Doing it for yourself is one thing. For your clients? Totally unacceptable! What happens if they decided to make a change somewhere? Do they have to make yet another slice to change "page" to "pages"? What if you can't be contacted and they don't know/have the font you used? Your site fails on the following grounds: readability, maintainability, usabilty, accessibility.

A thread like this is the reason why I will say it over and over: the web conference should have as its theme, "getting back to the basics". A house without a solid foundation is doomed to collapse.
Re: Professional Webdesign by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Yawa, whats ur issue with the sites,

as for me, the http://www.designteamtechnology.com, dey blind my eye ohhhh
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 7:51am On Jan 22, 2010
Thanks For your frank opinion, i will work on what you have said, try to balance my graphics with all what you have said so that it can
be easily accesible, as for the blinding i will see whether i can come up with another colour. Any way we learn everyday.
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2010
I'm sure you'll come up with something smiley

Per the "blinding", in Fireworks this is caused when you combine the wrong type of font with the wrong type of Anti-aliasing level.
Re: Professional Webdesign by yawatide(f): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2010
Dual:

I will restrict my answers to post #4. Until those are fixed, there is no point going over any others wink
Re: Professional Webdesign by ada89: 5:37pm On Jan 22, 2010
visit http://www.hostingpacific.net for your professional web design services - call 08030993200 or 08056106302 for more details
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 7:01pm On Jan 22, 2010
Well Yewatide, do you mean my main site or the client site that i designed should be reviewed. Anyway i have started work on my own, need to review it, it will take me mybe 1 to 2wks. Thanks for your correction. cheesy
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 7:33pm On Jan 22, 2010
Both sites present textual content as images. So both sites will need to be redone.
Re: Professional Webdesign by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
I don't know much about feauture in Fireworks, but i think Yawa is right,
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 8:01am On Jan 23, 2010
Okay thanks Still working on it, anyother thing i need to change also.
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 8:23am On Jan 23, 2010
I will also suggest you slice your graphics into DIVs and position them with CSS rather than using the Export Fireworks Html feature. That feature produces dirty codes and slices your whole work into too many pieces.
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 12:59am On Jan 25, 2010
Okay Guys Thanks for all your advice, i have corrected the www.designteamtechnology.com, now you can check it now, the other one wil be corrected soon.
Re: Professional Webdesign by smartsoft(m): 1:52am On Jan 25, 2010
hummm anyway really my own thing don't know about others, i don't do all website in fireworks or photo shop because it will be pretty difficult for clients to change their stuff dem self and i was thinking, will they have to go learn how to work on fireworks b4 they can make changes anyway slicing fireworks is pretty bad and you will loose the quality too. it will be better if you export your element each and import and make your arrangement with that it won't get slow. that's a tip for you again start learning Photo shop because is the way to go, graphics on Photo shop are more good and very professional. really you will enjoy it. most of my friend are tired of creating HTML webby or CSS they are obsessed with Flash web pages now using Photoshop for the design.
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 7:34am On Jan 25, 2010
smartsoft:

hummm anyway really my own thing don't know about others, i don't do all website in fireworks or photo shop because it will be pretty difficult for clients to change their stuff dem self and i was thinking, will they have to go learn how to work on fireworks b4 they can make changes anyway slicing fireworks is pretty bad and you will loose the quality too. it will be better if you export your element each and import and make your arrangement with that it won't get slow. that's a tip for you again start learning Photo shop because is the way to go, graphics on Photo shop are more good and very professional. really you will enjoy it. most of my friend are tired of creating HTML webby or CSS they are obsessed with Flash web pages now using Photoshop for the design.

Well its like different strokes for different people, some are extremely good in fireworks, while some in other packages, either way which software is best is another topic for another day. The issue with slicing the site, i have corrected it, its not sliced i only exported and arranged with CSS, and besides when the client want to make changes, he shouldn't be messing with the overall design layout, only with the information he needs to update, if he wants to do that, he should get a professional, thats our job, then he should face his own job.

Can an accountant change an architects drawing plan, just because he wants to add another room in the building plan, NO he will contact a professional in his field.
Re: Professional Webdesign by southgates(m): 11:31am On Jan 25, 2010
Its ok to point out where a design is lacking, look into those area and am sure your next design will be better for it.
Re: Professional Webdesign by JideOguns(m): 4:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Poster, nice site you have there for your client (http://www.protrendglobal.com/), but i think all css should be put in css file and not within the page. That way, its going to make it very easy for you to make changes that will affect the whole site easily; i.e margins, font size and all, you should have this (body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
) in every page, but in the css file, besides that, i also think you should use more of divs than tables as they allow for proper divisions and allow for the page to load faster than using tables,
Re: Professional Webdesign by DualCore1: 5:09pm On Jan 28, 2010
A webdesigner does NOT need photoshop. For one it is expensive (well many of us wont know that as we dont buy software). secondly photoshop cannot handle an image as fireworks would with its ability to handle vector/raster images. Thirdly, its clear photoshop isnt meant for the web, else why will i have to do stuff here, export to fireworks, do more stuff export back to photoshop, do more more stuff and export back to fireworks. . . yada yada. For the love of web graphics optimization, fireworks is the way forward. Well this is strictly my opinion and that of some adobe developers. feel free to disregard :p.
Re: Professional Webdesign by freeman191(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
JideOguns:

@Poster, nice site you have there for your client (http://www.protrendglobal.com/), but i think all css should be put in css file and not within the page. That way, its going to make it very easy for you to make changes that will affect the whole site easily; i.e margins, font size and all, you should have this (body {
margin-left: 0px;
margin-top: 0px;
margin-right: 0px;
margin-bottom: 0px;
}
) in every page, but in the css file, besides that, i also think you should use more of divs than tables as they allow for proper divisions and allow for the page to load faster than using tables,

Thanks for your advice, you are 100% right, in the site i mixed up css and tables, but am still trying to achieve 100% css, am still currently improving on my css, as its done i will deg=finetely update it, and as for dual core i totally support ur stand for fireworks to photoshop, i believe fireworks is more easier in terms of designing site, imaging you have to create a new vector or image, fireworks immediately puts it in a new layer but photoshop does not, u have to create a new layer for every vector or bitmap created, and fireworks has easy intergration with dreamweaver, that makes it a plus.

(1) (Reply)

Design Your Web Site / Introducing 77ng.com / Визави-риэлт

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.