Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,502 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? (8974 Views)

Black Igbo Jews: ' Are Igbos The Lost Tribe Of Israel That Settled In Nigeria ? / Ethiopian Women Beaten Before They Marry (Photos) / Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ethiopian here

The Ethiopian Jews(Falashas) had been recognized by Israel Jews and most of them live in Israel nowadays. Some of them also live in USA and here in northern Ethiopia. Most of Ethiopian Jews looks like us, but we aren't Jewish. I believe most of them to be Judaism convert Agew people. There are also Christian Agews and few Muslim Agews in northern Ethiopia.

There is no such thing as Jewish ethnic group, so if Nigerian Jews practice Judaism and it's culture, why aren't they be recognized like their fellow Ethiopian Jews?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by EmeeNaka: 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nigeria has some people practicing Judaism and the government of Nigeria is aware of that but those practicing Judaism in Nigeria can not be called Jews in the mould of Israelis and some Ethiopians as they have no relationship in blood with any of those two historical Jews.

5 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Ncsamuel(m): 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
The answer is simple....... Ethopian jews have been claiming jewish ancestry for centuries whereas 'biafrian jews' have been claiming to be jews since 1966. If not for a civil war,there would be no claim to being a jew!.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by hornyofife: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ncsamuel:
The answer is simple....... Ethopian jews have been claiming jewish ancestry for centuries whereas 'biafrian jews' have been claiming to be jews since 1966. If not for a civil war,there would be no claim to being a jew!.

you are a goat. The claim of being jew has been there even before our great grand fathers, to whom it was passed down to them orally. The igbos are Hebrews, and their religion before the white men came was Judaism. Even the white missionaries acknowledge it in the documentations about the igbos when they came in 1845. in fact it was the Portuguese merchants who have first had contact with the igbos that first observe that we have connection with the biblical hebrews.That is why the first five books in the bible is a reflection of the igbo ancient culture and religion.

Again Go and read about Eri in genesis and exodus. Eri is still existing till today in Anambra, which is where igbos claim to from and ErI is one of the sons of Gad, also dont forget that eri is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria dating back to the 9th century

also have you asked yourself why hebrew sounds like igbo.. it started from hebrew to Heebo to Ebo to Ibo to now igbo. Hence the word igbo is a corruption of the biblical hebrew.

Again don't get it twisted the presented day Jews in Israel are not the real Jewish people, they are migrants from eastern Europe who conquered the black natives and settled there a long time ago and even in the Jewish torah which is equivalant to the christian bible described Jesus as a black man, that is why you still see the Egyptian Nubians are still black as it was in the days of Jesus, same as Ethiopian Jews.

I once asked my late grandmother where igbos came from, she specifically told me we came from Israel. whether that is true or not can be contested but what it means is that igbos for generations have always known they have connection with israel even before the white men came. . this is a woman who dead 15yrs ago at the age of 101yrs and obviously it must have been what her parents and grand parents told her too

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hati13:
Ethiopian here

The Ethiopian Jews(Falashas) had been recognized by Israel Jews and most of them live in Israel nowadays. Some of them also live in USA and here in northern Ethiopia. Most of Ethiopian Jews looks like us, but we aren't Jewish. I believe most of them to be Judaism convert Agew people. There are also Christian Agews and few Muslim Agews in northern Ethiopia.

There is no such thing as Jewish ethnic group, so if Nigerian Jews practice Judaism and it's culture, why aren't they be recognized like their fellow Ethiopian Jews?
The claim by the falasas doesn't really give credence to them practising the original version of Judaism. As far as the whole world is concerned about the ethnicity of ancient Hebrews, there is no accurate account of the method of Identifying the real Jews. However, certain criteria are used to identify them . These are; the use of Ram ,heifer and other animals as sacrifices .Having one Supreme God above all other gods in who is not known physically or can be seen. In who is not confined to a particular place of worship. The use of clothes with fringes, the use of animal's horn, especially the heifer's horn or ram's horn ,in which blood is spilled on it as a means to conjure word of God in battle(the use of horn round the wall of Jericho is an example) ,are found in some traditions in Africa, which are inside Torah. There are even research that claimed that some of the Hebrews have TRIBAL MARKS,,especially the PROPHETS lineage. The ancient Hebrews are scattered all over, irrespective the loss in part of their tradition. They still hold on to part of their tradition, which are traceable to Israel. And they have been identified. At the 2010 summit on black Jews in London. They have been identified. The present day Israel government know it but unfolding it gradually. The archeologists who have compared the Bible history and their archaeological findings have seen the evidences in Nigeria. There are books written by white researchers, who SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED SOME TRIBES IN NIGERIA AS ISRAELITES.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Learning new things everyday...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by hornyofife: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
TheShopKeeper:
Learning new things everyday...
yea, that is the beauty of NL

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Olu317:
The claim by the falasas doesn't really give credence to them practising the original version of Judaism. As far as the whole world is concerned about the ethnicity of ancient Hebrews, there is no accurate account of the method of Identifying the real Jews. However, certain criteria are used to identify them . These are; the use of Ram ,heifer and other animals as sacrifices .Having one Supreme God above all other gods in who is not known physically or can be seen. In who is not confined to a particular place of worship. The use of clothes with fringes, the use of animal's horn, especially the heifer's horn or ram's horn ,in which blood is spilled on it as a means to conjure word of God in battle(the use of horn round the wall of Jericho is an example) ,are found in some traditions in Africa, which are inside Torah. There are even research that claimed that some of the Hebrews have TRIBAL MARKS,,especially the PROPHETS lineage. The ancient Hebrews are scattered all over, irrespective the loss in part of their tradition. They still hold on to part of their tradition, which are traceable to Israel. And they have been identified. At the 2010 summit on black Jews in London. They have been identified. The present day Israel government know it but unfolding it gradually. The archeologists who have compared the Bible history and their archaeological findings have seen the evidences in Nigeria. There are books written by white researchers, who SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED SOME TRIBES IN NIGERIA AS ISRAELITES.
So the Falashas aren't practicing the original Judaism?
Did the Nigerian Jews stayed in Ethiopia before migrating to Nigeria? And at what century range did they migrated to Nigeria?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
EmeeNaka:
Nigeria has some people practicing Judaism and the government of Nigeria is aware of that but those practicing Judaism in Nigeria can not be called Jews in the mould of Israelis and some Ethiopians as they have no relationship in blood with any of those two historical Jews.
But there is no such thing as Jewish ethnicity. All the Jewish back then had different backgrounds, so anyone who practice Judaism and it's culture back then and now were/are Jewish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Pavore9: 5:08pm On Jun 13, 2017
Should the Luos of Kenya also claim to be Jews as they do share names with the Igbos?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Ncsamuel(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
hornyofife:

you are a goat. The claim of being jew has been there even before our great grand fathers, to whom it was passed down to them orally. The igbos are Hebrews, and their religion before the white men came was Judaism. Even the white missionaries acknowledge it in the documentations about the igbos when they came in 1845. in fact it was the Portuguese merchants who have first had contact with the igbos that first observe that we have connection with the biblical hebrews.That is why the first five books in the bible is a reflection of the igbo ancient culture and religion.

Again Go and read about Eri in genesis and exodus. Eri is still existing till today in Anambra, which is where igbos claim to from and ErI is one of the sons of Gad, also dont forget that eri is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria dating back to the 9th century

also have you asked yourself why hebrew sounds like igbo.. it started from hebrew to Heebo to Ebo to Ibo to now igbo. Hence the word igbo is a corruption of the biblical hebrew.

Again don't get it twisted the presented day Jews in Israel are not the real Jewish people, they are migrants from eastern Europe who conquered the black natives and settled there a long time ago and even in the Jewish torah which is equivalant to the christian bible described Jesus as a black man, that is why you still see the Egyptian Nubians are still black as it was in the days of Jesus, same as Ethiopian Jews.

I once asked my late grandmother where igbos came from, she specifically told me we came from Israel. whether that is true or not can be contested but what it means is that igbos for generations have always known they have connection with israel even before the white men came. . this is a woman who dead 15yrs ago at the age of 101yrs and obviously it must have been what her parents and grand parents told her too
1st of all dont call me a goat! Just because i shared my opinion doesnt mean am a GOAT. Or is dah how ur parents raised you or you would raise ur own children?....Secondly, THE IBO TRIBE are no JEWS! There is supposed to be documented facts not assumptions.geographically most languages are related, if we claim to be JEWS then the efik,ibibio,ikwerre,ezza,kalabari even some camerounian tribes would claim it too, but guess what?. They dont as you do!. Look my relatives were killed in the north and later in asaba, BUT DOESNT MAKE ME A JEW!WHY? COS I PRESENTLY HAVE NO CLAIM IN ISRAEL!. I AM AN IBO MAN, AND AM PROUD OF WHO I AM! PPL SHULD RESPECT ME FOR WHO I AM,PPL SHULD FIGHT FOR WHO THEY ARE! PPL SHULD BE PATRIOTIC BY THEIR IDENTITY,meaning we should fight for our right to be who we want to be not because 'we re jews'!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by hakimi1974(m): 6:38pm On Jun 13, 2017
I read a very voluminous book by an igbo author concerning the cultural affinity between the igbos and the jews, and i must say it was an eye opener.

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
hakimi1974:
I read a very voluminous book by an igbo author concerning the cultural affinity between the igbos and the jews, and i must say it was an eye opener.
Many books and accounts are saying they are, but still no recognition by international Jews.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by hakimi1974(m): 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hati13:

Many books and accounts are saying they are, but still no recognition by international Jews.
true that, but only if the igbos play their politics well. only time will tell.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by cooljude(m): 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Igbos are not Jews and have never being I think this speculation started as a result of Christianity and similarities between some part of the both cultures.

From the first day I heard this statement as a kid, I instinctively knew that it was a lie. Till this moment, I haven't seen any research to change my view.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Masterclass32: 8:26pm On Jun 13, 2017
The Igbo are of the Hebrew stock. This will get clearer with time, sooner than later.

2 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 11:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hati13:

So the Falashas aren't practicing the original Judaism?
Did the Nigerian Jews stayed in Ethiopia before migrating to Nigeria? And at what century range did they migrated to Nigeria?
I gave you the name of the first colour rabbi know to the Western world as JOSIAH FORD, a Yoruba man and he was the pioneer of colour Hebrew in the United States. At a particular time, one Rabbi went their to verify the method of worshipping the place and the Rabbi confirmed the method of Rabbi Josai,'s his lead worship as the orthodox Judaism. On the connection to Falasas, there theory that showed migration from the horn of Africa in the ancient times but this was dated back to around the period of the destruction of the Hebrews settlement and their Temple at Lower part of Egypt called Elèphante or the land of ONIAS. It was the Egyptian's Pharaoh's son called Nefayan who was sent to destroy this Temple because of the use of RAM as Sacrifice. And the use of Ram is associated with Yoruba ancestors, especially white Ram for the first Son. And other animals such as doves,sprinkling of blood on Horn's Ram etc . Also, there one significant semblance again with ancients Israelites tradition and it the exhuming of the Dead Ones from the Grave and Reburial in another place in Yoruba land, etc. Then Yoruba of Nigeria migrated in different fold. However, the Yoruba have Jewish connection with the SAMARITAN, SEPHARDIC JEWISH, JEWISH IRAQ, COCHIN JEWISH INDIA, BNEI MENASHE JEWISH INDIA. Even DNA trace link Yoruba up the SINAI in Egypt. And one of the aforementioned Jewish group is connected to FALASAS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Zopheriel: 2:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
The reason Ethiopic Jews were recognized but not "Nigerian Jews" is simply because Ethiopic Jews did not lose their identity, they still had the Torah and observed it in quite much detail that it was very clear that they were of Jewish descent. Nigerian Jews on the other hand - the Igbos as the example here, didn't have a Torah, nor did they preserve the religion of the Jewish Torah, they had first assimilated into the African population and worship system and later embraced Christianity. So for all intent and purposes Ethiopian Jews remained Jews till they were accepted by Israelis, Nigerian Jews on the other hand had abandoned the practice of Judaism, and are only re-adopting it in recent times.

2 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Zopheriel: 2:35pm On Jun 14, 2017
Olu317:
I gave you the name of the first colour rabbi know to the Western world as JOSIAH FORD, a Yoruba man and he was the pioneer of colour Hebrew in the United States. At a particular time, one Rabbi went their to verify the method of worshipping the place and the Rabbi confirmed the method of Rabbi Josai,'s his lead worship as the orthodox Judaism. On the connection to Falasas, there theory that showed migration from the horn of Africa in the ancient times but this was dated back to around the period of the destruction of the Hebrews settlement and their Temple at Lower part of Egypt called Elèphante or the land of ONIAS. It was the Egyptian's Pharaoh's son called Nefayan who was sent to destroy this Temple because of the use of RAM as Sacrifice. And the use of Ram is associated with Yoruba ancestors, especially white Ram for the first Son. And other animals such as doves,sprinkling of blood on Horn's Ram etc . Also, there one significant semblance again with ancients Israelites tradition and it the exhuming of the Dead Ones from the Grave and Reburial in another place in Yoruba land, etc. Then Yoruba of Nigeria migrated in different fold. However, the Yoruba have Jewish connection with the SAMARITAN, SEPHARDIC JEWISH, JEWISH IRAQ, COCHIN JEWISH INDIA, BNEI MENASHE JEWISH INDIA. Even DNA trace link Yoruba up the SINAI in Egypt. And one of the aforementioned Jewish group is connected to FALASAS.

Interesting
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2017
There is a site that says, Bete-Israel(Ethiopian Jews) are the original Jews. I don't know if it's right or not, since I don't know that much about Jews. Some of the Bete-Israels that are left in Ethiopia, mostly live in Gondar, northern Ethiopia.

Here are the photos of some of the Bete-Israel in Ethiopia and Israel.

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by walemoney007(m): 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:
There is a site that says, Bete-Israel(Ethiopian Jews) are the original Jews. I don't know if it's right or not, since I don't know that much about Jews. Some of the Bete-Israels that are left in Ethiopia, mostly live in Gondar, northern Ethiopia.

make all of them dey go is real now
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Zopheriel: 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2017
Hati13:

It's probably from the sectarian religion of Black Hebrew Israelites, it's a stretch to claim that any group make up the "original Jews". Jews have been of diverse nationalities since their beginning as a nation, sure there are theories about the original Hebrews being black skinned but they're just theories that has never been substantiated. A more realistic approach to the question of Ethiopian Jerry comes from their own oral traditions which says they're a descendant of a love child between King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

The thing is having Jewish ancestry matters very little in the larger scheme of things, a convert to the religion of Judaism becomes a Jew irrespective of his original nationality, most of those who are Jews today may or may not be direct bloodlines of ancient Israelites, they may simply be converts to Judaism - proselytes. Jews know this. And the reason as I've said earlier that the Igbo Jews haven't been recognized as such is that they do most largely practice Judaism, most of them practice Christianity. Their only route to recognition lies in a embracing Judaism - which is why some of them are now going in that direction, even though the vast majority of those who are still go for Messianic Judaism, which isn't recognized by mainstream Judaism as being a Jewish sect because they still profess to believe in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 14, 2017
Zopheriel:

It's probably from the sectarian religion of Black Hebrew Israelites, it's a stretch to claim that any group make up the "original Jews". Jews have been of diverse nationalities since their beginning as a nation, sure there are theories about the original Hebrews being black skinned but they're just theories that has never been substantiated. A more realistic approach to the question of Ethiopian Jerry comes from their own oral traditions which says they're a descendant of a love child between King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba.

The thing is having Jewish ancestry matters very little in the larger scheme of things, a convert to the religion of Judaism becomes a Jew irrespective of his original nationality, most of those who are Jews today may or may not be direct bloodlines of ancient Israelites, they may simply be converts to Judaism - proselytes. Jews know this. And the reason as I've said earlier that the Igbo Jews haven't been recognized as such is that they do most largely practice Judaism, most of them practice Christianity. Their only route to recognition lies in a embracing Judaism - which is why some of them are now going in that direction, even though the vast majority of those who are still go for Messianic Judaism, which isn't recognized by mainstream Judaism as being a Jewish sect because they still profess to believe in Christ.
This answer the question, just like your previous comment.
Thanks!
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2017
hornyofife:

Sharrap dia my friend
You are no Jew, only a Jewish wannabe. Go to Israel today, tell them you are Jewish and watch them get a good laugh out of you. Attachee by force stand alone na

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hati13:

There is nothing like original Jews being called as Falasas. The truth is that these few people were just slightly above 40,000 in the 19th century, how do you now claimed that they were the original Jews? The people you claimed are original Jews was made more pronounced by FORD ARNOLD. The Yoruba Rabbi. This was a period when there were no internet or access to books to acquire Jews Judaism knowledge. Yet Ford affirmed that his ancestors were called Yoruba but in the ANCIENT, THEY WERE FROM PRIESTLY LINEAGE IN ISRAEL. The modern Judaism is not the correct one because the ancient scholars that were the original worshippers of God were scattered all over the places. Their were no JEWS in Ethiopia until the period of the last assault of Saladin in Egypt. So, the Falasas are a new breed of ancient Israelites. And Arnold Ford help develop Judaism over there when he came. He was the FOREMOST RABBI when he arrived in ADDIS ABABA.The Jewish scholar even confirm his worshipping method as Orthodox method of Judaism. And Arnold Ford knew this method of worshipping through the knowledge of his father and his ancestors in Yoruba land.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 15, 2017
Olu317:
There is nothing like original Jews being called as Falasas. The truth is that these few people were just slightly above 40,000 in the 19th century, how do you now claimed that they were the original Jews
I never said, they were the original Jews, rather I said, I've read that says like that.

Olu317:
The modern Judaism is not the correct one because the ancient scholars that were the original worshippers of God were scattered all over the places.
How can you say the modern Judaism isn't the original, but claim that Arnold Ford practiced the Orthodox Judaism? If Arnold learned it from his ancestors, why can't the other Jews? It's realistic for some of the descendants of the original Jews that were scattered all over the place to practice Orthodox Judaism in my opinion.

Olu317:
Their were no JEWS in Ethiopia until the period of the last assault of Saladin in Egypt. So, the Falasas are a new breed of ancient Israelites. And Arnold Ford help develop Judaism over there when he came. He was the FOREMOST RABBI when he arrived in ADDIS ABABA.The Jewish scholar even confirm his worshipping method as Orthodox method of Judaism. And Arnold Ford knew this method of worshipping through the knowledge of his father and his ancestors in Yoruba land.
There were Jews in Ethiopia during the time of Axum. Axumities had mentioned it in their texts. I don't know for sure if they were the original Jews or a convert, but I believe most of them were a convert.

How can you say, Arnold developed Judaism in Ethiopia when he was a 20th century man and when there was already Judaism in Ethiopia for 2 thousands of years?

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hati13:

I never said, they were the original Jews, rather I said, I've read that says like that.

How can you say the modern Judaism isn't the original, but claim that Arnold Ford practiced the Orthodox Judaism? If Arnold learned it from his ancestors, why can't the other Jews? It's realistic for some of the descendants of the original Jews that were scattered all over the place to practice Orthodox Judaism in my opinion.

There were Jews in Ethiopia during the time of Axum. Axumities had mentioned it in their texts. I don't know for sure if they were the original Jews or a convert, but I believe most of them were a convert.

How can you say, Arnold developed Judaism in Ethiopia when he was a 20th century man and when there was already Judaism in Ethiopia for 2 thousands of years?
I said modern Judaism isn't the ancient Judaism because it was a reformed one. This is because The ten tribes was destroyed and taken into captivity by the Assyrians, which was the beginning of the destruction of Israel. Then the second attack was when Josiah,the king of JUDAH was wounded and later died in battle of Megiddo against pharaoh Necho. Exactly three months after a new king had been installed, Who was the son of Josiah, Pharaoh Necho entered Jerusalem and dethroned Jehoahaz and was taken as prisoners with his families and his older brother Jehoakim was made the king of Judah .After this was the first attack of Babylonians and the conquest of the Judah which was the saving grace of Israel. the Ark of God was not found in the temple of Holiest of Holy. And the people Nebuchadnezzar carried off were the core elite groups, wealthiest group, priest, able body men, artisans, craftsmen,princes,princesses families of royals homes etc.
All the captives thrived in their different location until the downfall of all these other cities practised Judaism but had begun to differ slightly because of interaction with other nations. Although they still held unto to certain beliefs in the Torah. The Torah, teaches sacrificing, dress code, especially using white clothes while fringes on the corner of the clothes,wearing of Amulets(on hand, neck, head) etc. The Ethiopia mentioned then were the ones that span across the horn of Africa. The only place known in the history of the world in which the Jews were in their millions in Africa was in Egypt. And it was in land ONIAS which included Leontopolis / /Aswan /Jeb environment in Elephanté. So, the present day Falasas were not originally in that location. It was SALADIN that conquered Egypt and its environ that made migration toward different direction, which was the last. This is the reason they were in few population. Go and do your findings on the man that turned Egyptians and their nation to a Muslim people. How can you claim 40,000 Falasas were the only ones in the whole of Ethiopia in 1920s? The ancient Ethiopia was different from the present day Ethiopia. Where did the rest go? I mentioned modern Judaism because, the scholar that came to verify Arnold Ford confirmed their practice as ancient ways of worship. And I didn't mention Arnold Ford as the only Rabbi but the most pronounced. Ethiopia Jews were relegated to nothing and oppressed. And during this period, Africans of darker skin were not yet recognised because Israel didn't have their land in hand. They were living in different part of the world. So, Falasas were not given total recognition. But today blood the tradition and DNA are proving it as real. Here are the modern Judaism; Conservative Judaism,Hasidism,Kabbalah,Orthodox Judaism,Reform Judaism,Zionism
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jun 15, 2017
Olu317:
It was SALADIN that conquered Egypt and its environ that made migration toward different direction, which was the last.
So, you believe Yorubas and other Nigerians weren't the original Jews? I ask because you claim their fellow African Falashas aren't the original Jews.

And do you believe Yorubas and other Nigerian Jews to migrated to Nigeria after Saladin in the 12th century. Am I correct?

Olu317:
How can you claim 40,000 Falasas were the only ones in the whole of Ethiopia in 1920s? The ancient Ethiopia was different from the present day Ethiopia. Where did the rest go?
I never said, Falashas were 40,000 in Ethiopia in 1920.

Damats, Axumities, Zagwes and Abyssinians were the same like Eritreans and northern Ethiopians. And same goes to Ancient Falashas were the same as present day Falashas.

Olu317:
Here are the modern Judaism; Conservative Judaism,Hasidism,Kabbalah,Orthodox Judaism,Reform Judaism,Zionism
In which category do you categorize Falashas and Nigerian Jews?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 11:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hati13:

And do you believe Yorubas and other Nigerian Jews to migrated to Nigeria after Saladin in the 12th century. Am I correct?

Damats, Axumities, Zagwes and Abyssinians were the same like Eritreans and northern Ethiopians. And same goes to Ancient Falashas were the same as present day Falashas.

In which category do you categorize Falashas and Nigerian Jews?
The Falass were said to have migrated from around Sudan and from the house of Dan. There were different migration to Yoruba land and the last set of Jews that migrated came during the times of the conquest of Saladin( 6BC–11AD). And they were absorbed. The Yoruba kingly lineage is from the house of Juda, of the house of David. And every groups from the rest tribe of house of Israel are heavily present in Yoruba land . There are different groups in Nigeria that claim descendants from Israel. Although Yoruba don't claim Israelites but the White Researchers have done much work, past and present scholars and some of us are doing the findings from our internal researching based on distinct identity of Yoruba sculpture and traditions, which has made the European researchers to acknowledge Yoruba as from the house of Israel. There is even an evidence that has shown that the worship of SEVEN SKULL OF DIVINE KING IS STILL BEING DONE TODAY AT ILE IFE which was done in ANCIENT ISRAEL. Furthermore, I have shown the DNA connection between Yoruba and Israelites.
The Yoruba form of worshipping is ORTHODOX JUDAISM.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2017
Olu317:
The Falass were said to have migrated from around Sudan and from the house of Dan. There were different migration to Yoruba land and the last set of Jews that migrated came during the times of the conquest of Saladin( 6BC–11AD). And they were absorbed. The Yoruba kingly lineage is from the house of Juda, of the house of David. And every groups from the rest tribe of house of Israel are heavily present in Yoruba land . There are different groups in Nigeria that claim descendants from Israel. Although Yoruba don't claim Israelites but the White Researchers have done much work, past and present scholars and some of us are doing the findings from our internal researching based on distinct identity of Yoruba sculpture and traditions, which has made the European researchers to acknowledge Yoruba as from the house of Israel. There is even an evidence that has shown that the worship of SEVEN SKULL OF DIVINE KING IS STILL BEING DONE TODAY AT ILE IFE which was done in ANCIENT ISRAEL. Furthermore, I have shown the DNA connection between Yoruba and Israelites.
I read Saladin existed in the 12th century, not early 1st century like you stated.
How many Yorubas practice Judaism this days?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by feelgoodInc: 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Olu317:

it's not orthodox there's more of traditional worship than Judaism or Christianity.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 2:19am On Jun 16, 2017
Hati13:

I read Saladin existed in the 12th century, not early 1st century like you stated.
How many Yorubas practice Judaism this days?
Hati13, please you have to hear me out here. There is no such thing as "Yoruba Judaism." As for your question, you will hardly find a Yoruba person practicing Judaism. You would come across more Atheists than you will ever come accross Jews. Most of the so-called "Nigerian Jews" are from the Igbo ethnicity. In fact, many Yoruba don't take the Igbo jews seriously. Yorubas see it as claiming something. The Yoruba kingly lineage is from a legendary figure known as Oduduwa, not Judah or David or something like that. Also, Arnold Ford is not Yoruba, he's from the country of Barbados.

Yorubas do not claim Jewish ancestry. Any mentioning of Isreal or Judaism is not found in the literary corpus called Ifa.
Yorubas are African to the core!

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[must Read] 10 Barbaric Practices That Still Exist In Nigeria Today / The First Capital City Of Nigeria, Was Not Lagos Or Abuja Or Calabar / France Returns Stolen Artefacts To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.