Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? (8938 Views)

Black Igbo Jews: ' Are Igbos The Lost Tribe Of Israel That Settled In Nigeria ? / Ethiopian Women Beaten Before They Marry (Photos) / Pictures Of Ethiopian Women Who Beg To Be Whipped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 6:10pm On Jun 17, 2017
Olu317:
I do like your take on this but I guess you have not done the study very well on knot. The eternal knot is connected to different culture and religion with different part of the world and with its meaning. But it is only in Yoruba the KNOT is connected to ROYALTIES..... Can you explain the reason? Considering the position ascribed to SOLOMON. Then on circumcisions, I disagree with you because it is important to emphasize here that Yoruba circumcisions is originally 7 days/8 days /9 days respectively. Truly Some part in Yoruba land do a lot of females mutilation but not all Yoruba do it. It is not only Ijebus. Even among some Yoruba people in part of Ekiti,Kwara, Akoko too. Not all Yoruba do mutilation. And those that did it was as result of diversion from the tradition. Study carried out showed that it was to discourage females from promiscuity that led to such practices. There is no where in the history of Yoruba that children circumcisions were originally older than seven (7) , eight (cool days and nine (9) days . The first 7 and 8 days are some times used for female, while 8 days is specifically for male child and 9 days is twin etc naming ceremonies . The Yoruba tradition on circumcision is interwoven with cleansing. So do more research on this because all these information aren't sixty (60) years old research but ancient. The Yoruba identity on circumcisions is different from many groups in Africa. Apart from Ibos, whose circumcisions is a bit close to Yorubas. It's only on complication or IFA consultations that could hinder naming ceremony cum circumcision if such arise but naturally, it was within a week after bbirth.
If you think, some of us are attaching sentiment to Hebrews, then, isn't it right for you to verify the semblance and compare? Then dispel it if you have evidence against someone like me who and aothers that have knowledge on this information. The Bible is the oldest book with written spans of 1,600 years before its completion. No written book match the Bible in terms of its accuracy on prediction of events that took place 100+ of years after many prophesies . It is the Hebrews that there were mentioned with record of twin birth, how do Yoruba have the highest rate of twins in the world? May be you have a defence on it. I posted the ritual worshipping of Olodumare/Olorun/Eleda/Eledua on here and compare it with fowl sacrificing with Hebrews of old?

If you do have information contrary kindly show on the forum.

The people who popularize the Solomon knot and attributed the knot to King Solomon were not even the Jews, but the Romans which was referred in Latin as "sigillum Salomonis." The knot was attributed to Solomon because his wisdom and knowledge. The knot does is not attributed to royalty in Judaism as it is in Yoruba culture. In some Chinese and Buddhist cultures, the eternal knot has a spiritual meaning.

Yes, I am going to say definitively and unapologetically that I do not know every single circumcision cultures among Yorubas. I simply know that there are varieties in the day of Yoruba's circumcision which differs from the Jewish standard 8th day and the fact that Ijebu people don't perform female circumcision. I also know that circumcision was more heavy among Oyo Yorubas. In no true Jewish culture would you find female circumcision. For me, that is enough to not want to draw any connections between Yorubas and Jews.

Also, Yes Yorubas must definitely be related to Jews because like you said "the Hebrews that there were mentioned with record of twin birth" and "Yoruba have the highest rate of twins in the world." Does that even sound coherent?

The things you put out and call "evidence" are not evidence. Evidence establish direct links and do not fall on the side of ambiguity, evidence that fail to do so are weak evidence. I can find two attributes between two objects and say a whale is big and an elephant is big, so the whale must be descendant from the elephant. That kind of logic simply does not work.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 6:48pm On Jun 17, 2017
Olu317:
it seems you are not a researcher but inferring your opinion. If you are so sure of your own Yoruba historical identity, kindly do me the honour. And Which of the Yoruba lineage do you belong? I am interested in reading about your personal identity, since you claim your information is based on your findings . BE INFORMED THAT I AM REFERRING SPECIFICALLY ABOUT MY OWN LINEAGE WHICH IS ORANMIYAN( Adimula Descendant) SO, DON'T EVER CLAIM WHAT YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ON. If you don't have information on an issue, kindly do your research and put it forward because your condemnation without evidences is perpetually UNINFORMATIVE.

Below do I attached partial information to nullify your view as it regard Barbados and other evidences for you to LEARN about MY ODUDUA DESCENDANTS AND ANIMAL ASSOCIATED WITH THEM; RAM and HIPPOPOTAMUS...

I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE THAT LEARNED THIS VIA RESEARCH ; GET IT TO YOUR HEART HENCE, THAT I, OLU317 HAD WHITE RAM WITH NO BLEMISH KILLED FOR ME BY MY FATHER AS A SACRIFICE WHEN I WAS A YOUNG ADOLESCENT.
AND AGAIN MANY YORUBA DESCENDANTS KILL WHITE RAM TO DO REMEMBRANCE FOR THEIR ANCESTORS......
Lol, the guy said his father is descendant from Yoruba and his mother from Mende. He knows his family's origin to ethnicity yet his last name is Ford and he is Yoruba. He is Yoruba and instead of exploring his disconnected African lineage that is apparently partially Yoruba, he decided to be Jewish instead.

Actually, yours is an opinion and a very obscured one as it is not widely accepted, otherwise most Yorubas would be claiming they are descendant of Jewish.

What superiority complex are you trying to push? I don't care if you Oranmiyan descendant or not. As far as the world is concern, you are just a human being like the rest of the humans on earth. The apparent Oranmiyan descendant claiming origin to Oromo, Jewish and what not, doing everything in his might to cling to a foreign identity.

First of all, the animals used for Jewish sacrifice must be kosher. Sure rams are used often, other animals like deer, goat, bull, etc are also acceptable for zevah (animal sacrifice). In reality, Yoruba sacrificial rules do not adhere to the kosher standards. Dogs would never be used in a zevah.

For that last part, again I 9jakool HAVE NO INTEREST IN YOUR SUPERIORITY COMPLEX.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 7:22pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hati13:

Look Brother, it's not just 9jakool, but other Yorubas had said they have no link with Ancient Hebrews.

Ok let just assume Yorubas have Hebrew bloodline, but large percentage of their DNA is Bantu. Which means they are more west African than Hebrew. So they are Bantu African. Take Habesha people of Ethiopia and Eritrea for example, they have some percentage of Semite ancestor, but they are majority Cushite, so they are Cushite African.

Thanks for the explanation again.
I honestly appreciate your efforts.
Yes, Yorubas are not Hebrew, and they are also not Bantu nor do they speak a Bantu language. Yorubas like most ethnic groups in West Africa fall under the West African umbrella which just describes a region with linked histories. Africa is very diverse from ethnolinguistic groups like Bantus, Nilotic, Semitic, Cushitic, Mande, Chadic, Omotic etc. West Africans don't exactly contribute a single or even a clear number of group of people. It's very different from East Africa, where you have clear cut ethno-alliance like Cushitic, Habesha, Omotic, Nilotic, and Bantu. In West Africa, it's not exactly that simple due to its complex diversity. Half of all 2,000 languages in Africa are spoken in just one region (West Africa) with around 25% of all African languages found just in Nigeria alone. Of the 300 languages the languages in the world that are consider Afro-Asiatic, half of them belong to the Chadic branch, a branch spoken in many parts of West Africa, especially in Northern Nigeria. I'm just saying this to show you how complex the area is.

Yorubas just associate themselves with other Yorubas, the only alliance or at the very least relationship Yorubas had is with their neighbors like Itsekiris, Ebiras, Nupes, Edoid, Gbes, Baribas etc. Most of these groups are classified by Linguists as Volta-Niger languages, although the term Volta-Niger in itself is just a loosely description of the area the ethnic groups are found and has no deep context among Yorubas.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
9jakool:

I honestly appreciate your efforts.
Yes, Yorubas are not Hebrew, and they are also not Bantu nor do they speak a Bantu language. Yorubas like most ethnic groups in West Africa fall under the West African umbrella which just describes a region with linked histories. Africa is very diverse from ethnolinguistic groups like Bantus, Nilotic, Semitic, Cushitic, Mande, Chadic, Omotic etc. West Africans don't exactly contribute a single or even a clear number of group of people. It's very different from East Africa, where you have clear cut ethno-alliance like Cushitic, Habesha, Omotic, Nilotic, and Bantu. In West Africa, it's not exactly that simple due to its complex diversity. Half of all 2,000 languages in Africa are spoken in just one region (West Africa) with around 25% of all African languages found just in Nigeria alone. Of the 300 languages the languages in the world that are consider Afro-Asiatic, half of them belong to the Chadic branch, a branch spoken in many parts of West Africa, especially in Northern Nigeria. I'm just saying this to show you how complex the area is.

Yorubas just associate themselves with other Yorubas, the only alliance or at the very least relationship Yorubas had is with their neighbors like Itsekiris, Ebiras, Nupes, Edoid, Gbes, Baribas etc. Most of these groups are classified by Linguists as Volta-Niger languages, although the term Volta-Niger in itself is just a loosely description of the area the ethnic groups are found and has no deep context among Yorubas.
Sorry for categorizing them with Bantu. I thought they were. West Africa is very diverse like you pointed out. It's museum of diverse peoples. You also pointed out there isn't a pure ethnic group, but East Africans, especially Horn of Africans are also the same. None of the people in those areas aren't pure. All of them are the products of many centuries old extensive mixing between Cushites/Semites/Omotes/Nilotes.

And Habesha isn't ethnicity. It's just a term used for Amharas, Tigrays, Biher Tigrinya(Eritrea Tigrays), Gurages and Hararie. All those peoples are predominantly Cushite, but have relative minor backgrounds of Semite, Omote and Nilot.

Is Yoruba language categorize under Chadic family language?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 8:01pm On Jun 17, 2017
9jakool:

Lol, the guy said his father is descendant from Yoruba and his mother from Mende. He knows his family's origin to ethnicity yet his last name is Ford and he is Yoruba. He is Yoruba and instead of exploring his disconnected African lineage that is apparently partially Yoruba, he decided to be Jewish instead.

Actually, yours is an opinion and a very obscured one as it is not widely accepted, otherwise most Yorubas would be claiming they are descendant of Jewish.

What superiority complex are you trying to push? I don't care if you Oranmiyan descendant or not. As far as the world is concern, you are just a human being like the rest of the humans on earth. The apparent Oranmiyan descendant claiming origin to Oromo, Jewish and what not, doing everything in his might to cling to a foreign identity.

First of all, the animals used for Jewish sacrifice must be kosher. Sure rams are used often, other animals like deer, goat, bull, etc are also acceptable for zevah (animal sacrifice). In reality, Yoruba sacrificial rules do not adhere to the kosher standards. Dogs would never be used in a zevah.

For that last part, again I 9jakool HAVE NO INTEREST IN YOUR SUPERIORITY COMPLEX.
My screenshot as opinion ? You know better than that... So, your perception of someone, with an English name who mentioned exactly his ancestors identity and you inferred again as not true? You know better than that... And what about the second man, Rabbi Matthew, that clarified the speculation about his identity and explained that , he came from Lagos and said,, he was an Ethiopian JEW descendant but his father stays in Lagos and work as a shoe cobbler ? Have you all of a sudden forgotten that even you knew that the name , “YORUBA " became accepted by all in 19th century because of language affinity ? Even you did mention it in one of your opinion on a different topic on a different fora. Kosher, you mentioned,? So, you don't know that Yoruba do feasting likened unto Kosher, Go and do research on the Cult group amongst the Yoruba. Then, you will get acquainted with new knowledge. Even in the ancient times, Yoruba have a day likened UNTO SABATH DAY, in which no one must work or do anything . Again, I had to let you know because it seems like you think someone like me will just inform on things I have no knowledge on? I don't get too deep with what I haven't any knowledge on, instead, I learn from it and it practically becomes acquired. Take a queue from it. Furthermore, I didn't fall from the sky and I don't see myself as a superior being because God created every human being at his own will. He, then, place anyone, wherever he so wishes . However, certain information were hidden in the past, but those white researchers have found their way to get a lot about Yoruba history and you kept knocking off fact without any evidence. That's where I disagree with you . And I had to go deeper so as to SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT AS IT IS. This is the reason I had to OPEN what you don't know and now you have acquired it. And I also uploaded the historical account of BLIER's research work at the Burial spot of the Ancestors of the house of Odu'a,which mentioned animals identify with them...

No hard feelings,just don't want you to counter an opinion without evidences. Information on ethnicity such as this forum need be well thought out before being churned to the public bro. Yoruba aren't atheists because WE PRACTISE EXTENDED FAMILY SYSTEM...... You know better.

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 8:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hati13:

Sorry for categorizing them with Bantu. I thought they were. West Africa is very diverse like you pointed out. It's museum of diverse peoples. You also pointed out there isn't a pure ethnic group, but East Africans, especially Horn of Africans are also the same. None of the people in those areas aren't pure. All of them are the products of many centuries old extensive mixing between Cushites/Semites/Omotes/Nilotes.

And Habesha isn't ethnicity. It's just a term used for Amharas, Tigrays, Biher Tigrinya(Eritrea Tigrays), Gurage and Habesha. All those peoples are predominantly Cushite, but have relative minor backgrounds of Semite, Omote and Nilot.

Is Yoruba language categorize under Chadic family language?
Yes, you get most of my points. When I say alliance in West Africa isn't clear cut, I'm not necessarily talking about mixing or pure. I'm talking about how the aliance in West Africa isn't as clear cut in some instances, not that you don't have some like Mande, etc. I know what Habesha means and I never said Habesha is an ethnicity, that's why I used the word ethno-aliance. Habesha is like Mande peoples in Africa who are culturally tied peoples like Mandinka, Soninke, Mossi etc and speak related languages. Yoruba is both an ethnicity and an ethno-aliance. Yoruba is an etnicity like Amhara as wel as ethno-aliance like Habesha because it's just a unifying name for different but culturally, historically and linguistically related groups like Ijebu, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, etc. Yoruba language belongs to YEAI branch of Volta-Niger languages
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 17, 2017
9jakool:

Yes, you get most of my points. When I say alliance in West Africa isn't clear cut, I'm not necessarily talking about mixing or pure. I'm talking about how the aliance in West Africa isn't as clear cut in some instances, not that you don't have some like Mande, etc. I know what Habesha means and I never said Habesha is an ethnicity, that's why I used the word ethno-aliance. Habesha is like Mande peoples in Africa who are culturally tied peoples like Mandinka, Soninke, Mossi etc and speak related languages. Yoruba is both an ethnicity and an ethno-aliance. Yoruba is an etnicity like Amhara as wel as ethno-aliance like Habesha because it's just a unifying name for different but culturally, historically and linguistically related groups like Ijebu, Ekiti, Oyo, Ondo, etc. Yoruba language belongs to YEAI branch of Volta-Niger languages
Thanks
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by 9jakool: 8:39pm On Jun 17, 2017
Olu317:
My screenshot as opinion ? You know better than that... So, your perception of someone, with an English name who mentioned exactly his ancestors identity and you inferred again as not true? You know better than that... And what about the second man, Rabbi Matthew, that clarified the speculation about his identity and explained that , he came from Lagos and said,, he was an Ethiopian JEW descendant but his father stays in Lagos and work as a shoe cobbler ? Have you all of a sudden forgotten that even you knew that the name , “YORUBA " became accepted by all in 19th century because of language affinity ? Even you did mention it in one of your opinion on a different topic on a different fora. Kosher, you mentioned,? So, you don't know that Yoruba do feasting likened unto Kosher, Go and do research on the Cult group amongst the Yoruba. Then, you will get acquainted with new knowledge. Even in the ancient times, Yoruba have a day likened UNTO SABATH DAY, in which no one must work or do anything . Again, I had to let you know because it seems like you think someone like me will just inform on things I have no knowledge on? I don't get too deep with what I haven't any knowledge on, instead, I learn from it and it practically becomes acquired. Take a queue from it. Furthermore, I didn't fall from the sky and I don't see myself as a superior being because God created every human being at his own will. He, then, place anyone, wherever he so wishes . However, certain information were hidden in the past, but those white researchers have found their way to get a lot about Yoruba history and you kept knocking off fact without any evidence. That's where I disagree with you . And I had to go deeper so as to SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT AS IT IS. This is the reason I had to OPEN what you don't know and now you have acquired it. And I also uploaded the historical account of BLIER's research work at the Burial spot of the Ancestors of the house of Odu'a,which mentioned animals identify with them...

No hard feelings,just don't want you to counter an opinion without evidences. Information on ethnicity such as this forum need be well thought out before being churned to the public bro. Yoruba aren't atheists because WE PRACTISE EXTENDED FAMILY SYSTEM...... You know better.
Two or more people can share an opinion, even an obscured one at that. I'll lay out these question, why don't Yorubas follow Jewish Kosher or sacrificial laws? And who is Rabbi Mathew? What's his last name? What town in Ethiopia is his family from? What's his ethnicity? Why don't Yorubas use the Hebrew script? Why don't they use the torah? Why don't they celebrate mitzvah? Why don't they recognize passover? Why do Yorubas have orishas? Why do they use ifa? There are too many inconsistencies. For any correlations you can think of, there are tons of dissimilarities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 1:49am On Jun 18, 2017
9jakool:

The people who popularize the Solomon knot and attributed the knot to King Solomon were not even the Jews, but the Romans which was referred in Latin as "sigillum Salomonis." The knot was attributed to Solomon because his wisdom and knowledge. The knot does is not attributed to royalty in Judaism as it is in Yoruba culture. In some Chinese and Buddhist cultures, the eternal knot has a spiritual meaning.

Yes, I am going to say definitively and unapologetically that I do not know every single circumcision cultures among Yorubas. I simply know that there are varieties in the day of Yoruba's circumcision which differs from the Jewish standard 8th day and the fact that Ijebu people don't perform female circumcision. I also know that circumcision was more heavy among Oyo Yorubas. In no true Jewish culture would you find female circumcision. For me, that is enough to not want to draw any connections between Yorubas and Jews.

Also, Yes Yorubas must definitely be related to Jews because like you said "the Hebrews that there were mentioned with record of twin birth" and "Yoruba have the highest rate of twins in the world." Does that even sound coherent?

The things you put out and call "evidence" are not evidence. Evidence establish direct links and do not fall on the side of ambiguity, evidence that fail to do so are weak evidence. I can find two attributes between two objects and say a whale is big and an elephant is big, so the whale must be descendant from the elephant. That kind of logic simply does not work.
It so seems that the Roman made it up popular but it surpasses them because it was SOLOMON that it was referred with from the concept of it. Why do you not understand it all? Solomon was a king with mystical power from God. He WAS A ROYALTY PERSONIFIED. This is the difference between his descendants and the others. The Yoruba ROYALTIES USES IT. Even, among tombs of Jews, you will find the inscriptions but they believe it's connection to God. This isn't logic but Fact. The rest people and religion practitioners attache it to something different but Solomon was a King, Who wore the crested designed knot ORNAMENT DURING HIS DAYS ON EARTH. Thirdly , it was a typo error, if you didn't get the drift. I was inferring on the semblance comparison of twin birth between HEBREW AND YORUBA.....The whites researchers did their findings. Yoruba don't care about those things because they believe it is a gift from God. Science has come up with suggestion and theories but no one actually can specifically affirm to it. Is a coincidence too?

Below you will see the attached INFO ON SOLOMON'S KNOT.

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 2:01am On Jun 18, 2017
Hati13:

Look Brother, it's not just 9jakool, but other Yorubas had said they have no link with Ancient Hebrews.

Ok let just assume Yorubas have Hebrew bloodline, but large percentage of their DNA is Bantu. Which means they are more west African than Hebrew. So they are Bantu African. Take Habesha people of Ethiopia and Eritrea for example, they have some percentage of Semite ancestor, but they are majority Cushite, so they are Cushite African.

Thanks for the explanation again.
YORUBA ARE NO BANTU..... WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM? That is the information on, “Characterizing the admixed African ancestry of Africa " AND LASTLY, not everyone NL are YORUBAS and WHEN YOU DEAL WITH FEW YORUBA WHO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE HISTORY, THEN, THEY MISSED IT ALL UP. Furthermore, don't misunderstand my point here, because people don't have knowledge of Jews as their Tribe but they have the knowledge of their ANCESTORS, Who were migrants to this spot called YORUBA LAND. I ATTACH ALL THE LOCATION YORUBA DNA LINK ARE FOUND IN AFRICA ... .
NO PROBLEM THOUGH, more of the Yoruba language is spreads are found among Egypt even Semitic /Arab

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 18, 2017
Olu317:
YORUBA ARE NO BANTU..... WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM? That is the information on, “Characterizing the admixed African ancestry of Africa " AND LASTLY, not everyone NL are YORUBAS and WHEN YOU DEAL WITH FEW YORUBA WHO HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUE HISTORY, THEN, THEY MISSED IT ALL UP. Furthermore, don't misunderstand my point here, because people don't have knowledge of Jews as their Tribe but they have the knowledge of their ANCESTORS, Who were migrants to this spot called YORUBA LAND. I ATTACH ALL THE LOCATION YORUBA DNA LINK ARE FOUND IN AFRICA ... .
NO PROBLEM THOUGH, more of the Yoruba language is spreads are found among Egypt even Semitic /Arab
Sorry again. Mr 9jakool has corrected me that Yorubas aren't Bantu.

Yoruba language may have similarities with Afro-Asiatic super family language. I get you, but they are true African just like their fellow Horn of Africans and other Africans. Their ancestor for large part is African just like other Africans. If anyone is born in Africa and their ancestor is African, then it's better to admire our African ancestors than others. I know you aren't like this, but I'm just saying.

Language and culture similarities doesn't always mean you are truly in majority the same people like the one you are talking about. Because of economic and social interest, you may adopt other cultures. But I'm not saying it always goes like this.

Am I correct?
Do you truly believe that Yorubas are majority Hebrew then African?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2017
Hati13:

Sorry again. Mr 9jakool has corrected me that Yorubas aren't Bantu.

Yoruba language may have similarities with Afro-Asiatic super family language. I get you, but they are true African just like their fellow Horn of Africans and other Africans. Their ancestor for large part is African just like other Africans. If anyone is born in Africa and their ancestor is African, then it's better to admire our African ancestors than others. I know you aren't like this, but I'm just saying.

Language and culture similarities doesn't always mean you are truly in majority the same people like the one you are talking about. Because of economic and social interest, you may adopt other cultures. But I'm not saying it always goes like this.

Am I correct?
Do you truly believe that Yorubas are majority Hebrew then African?
There is no iota of doubt that we are human beings and historically from one source in Africa. However, the world researchers are trying to understand the complexity of humanity. Historically, African ancestors have been considered as a link to human development and their migration out of Africa and migration into Africa as a focal point to human admixture . This is the difference between the Western world and Afrocentric people. I am a curious human being and in my curiosity , do I show zeal of finding out the germane aspect of my Identity and traditions . Even your tribe, AMHARA, is a tribe with an Admixture with EuroAsia Gene flow with about 20%–30%,after test had been carried on it to determine the connection with NEARDENTHAL ancestors. While the Yoruba doesn't match the rate of the percentage with Europeans DNA as does Amhara but have a similar test carried out on Near East. The point here is that every Scientist knows human beings migrated from Africa to the rest of the world. This is no controversies over such but identifying where each group developed is what archaeologists as well as scientists are making research on. Lastly, I can't change my identity to an American's. So, I have no problem being identified as Yoruba and not African. Africa is not a tribe or ethnicity but a continent with 2000—3000 languages. No one will take my identity away from me and change it to “African" . I hardly see an English or German call himself or herself, European. It is only at the instance of politics . On Hebrew the reason of Hebrew link is a divine call on the world researchers to find them and make them known to world. This is the reason, the Israelites are truly looking for their lost family link because they know it that God has mentioned that they will be FOUND, in every CORNER OF THE WORLD where he had driven them. Have you been able to check the map of Nigeria and look at whose territorial expansion the Atlantic Ocean is located? It is one of the corner of the world. And I don't like African identity as a name but I PREFER to be called YORUBA or ODU'A descendant.

1 Share

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Kirigidi(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2017
hornyofife:

you are a goat. The claim of being jew has been there even before our great grand fathers, to whom it was passed down to them orally. The igbos are Hebrews, and their religion before the white men came was Judaism. Even the white missionaries acknowledge it in the documentations about the igbos when they came in 1845. in fact it was the Portuguese merchants who have first had contact with the igbos that first observe that we have connection with the biblical hebrews.That is why the first five books in the bible is a reflection of the igbo ancient culture and religion.

Again Go and read about Eri in genesis and exodus. Eri is still existing till today in Anambra, which is where igbos claim to from and ErI is one of the sons of Gad, also dont forget that eri is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria dating back to the 9th century

also have you asked yourself why hebrew sounds like igbo.. it started from hebrew to Heebo to Ebo to Ibo to now igbo. Hence the word igbo is a corruption of the biblical hebrew.

Again don't get it twisted the presented day Jews in Israel are not the real Jewish people, they are migrants from eastern Europe who conquered the black natives and settled there a long time ago and even in the Jewish torah which is equivalant to the christian bible described Jesus as a black man, that is why you still see the Egyptian Nubians are still black as it was in the days of Jesus, same as Ethiopian Jews.

I once asked my late grandmother where igbos came from, she specifically told me we came from Israel. whether that is true or not can be contested but what it means is that igbos for generations have always known they have connection with israel even before the white men came. . this is a woman who dead 15yrs ago at the age of 101yrs and obviously it must have been what her parents and grand parents told her too
You are ignorant of your history, and stop this display of shame. Igbos are a "pure Negro tribe" with "thick lips", "broad face and nose" and "woolly hairs". On the other hand the Jews are a "Semitic people [Caucasians]" with "thin lips", "narrow face and nose" and "curly/ straight hairs". The Falashas claims of Jewish origin is very obvious and convincing unlike that of the Igbo's embarrassing claims; [1] from ancient times they [the Falashas] are not pagans unlike the Igbos who were notorious pagans and cannibals prior to arrival of the Europeans, [2] the "Falashas have Semitic features and characteristics in their physical appearance" [e.g, narrow nose and face, thin lips, and curly/ straight hairs] unlike the "Igbos with no traces of Semitic features in their appearance but rather only Negro Bantu features and characteristics" [e.g, thick lips, broad nose and face, woolly hairs] and, [3]the "Falashas language sounds similar to the Hebrew language of the Jews" unlike the "Igbo language which is a pure West African Kwa language [the same grouping with Yoruba, Bini, Ashanti, etc] and bears no similarity to the Jewish Hebrew language". Sometimes I laugh when I see some Igbo people shamelessly say ""Eri" was a "Jew"" forgetting that this their so much talked about "Eri" came from no other place than ancient Aka Kingdom [which later became known as Benin Empire following the collapse of the Ogiso Dynasty]. "ERI" left "UDO" the Capital of ancient "AKA KINGDOM" due to the chaos and insecurity which trailed the fall of the "OGISO DYNASTY" in around 900AD. Eri and his followers migrated north-east ward and arrived Igala land where he lived briefly for some years. He later moved southward and finally founded "ERI-AKA" in Igbo land where he settled. Eri named the new settlement "ERI-AKA" in memory and remembrance of where he came from which is "AKA" his ancestral homeland. Have you ever asked yourself why ERI choose to name his first settlement [ERI-AKA] in Igboland after the ancient AKA Kingdom? To further prove to you that ERI came from ancient AKA land, Up till date the entity ERI is still revered and hold in high esteem among the Edoid people as a result of his exploits and mystical prowess in the days of the Ogisos. As a result ERI has been deified and, there are shrines dedicated to the serving of the mystical ERI in Benin land [ some called "Eri-windu"]. Furthermore, in many Edoid lands [e.g Bini, Ishan, Urhobo-Isoko, Etsako, Owan, etc], people still name their children after "Eri" [eg, Eri-nyoja, Eri-mohwo, Eri-do, Ehi-mofe, Ehi-ware, etc. NOTE: Urhobo-Isoko mostly pronounce it "ERI", while Bini and Ishan pronounce it "EHI" but they mean the same thing]. The point is: ERI was Negro who came from UDO in present BINI land and not from Israel. So if you are looking for ERI's origin go to Edoid lands and find out, okay! Moreover, the Biblical ERI is not the same pronunciation with the Igbo ERI. But the Igbo ERI is the same pronunciation with the Edoid ERI. Isn't this a further prove? The fact that the Igbo ERI is the same spelling with the Biblical ERI doesn't make them the same personality. Claiming that they are the same entity is childish. It's like claiming that the "Benin EDO" is the same with the "Japanese EDO", even though both refer to monarchy. I therefore advice you to go study and do more background-check research about Eri.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
Olu317:
There is no iota of doubt that we are human beings and historically from one source in Africa. However, the world researchers are trying to understand the complexity of humanity. Historically, African ancestors have been considered as a link to human development and their migration out of Africa and migration into Africa as a focal point to human admixture . This is the difference between the Western world and Afrocentric people. I am a curious human being and in my curiosity , do I show zeal of finding out the germane aspect of my Identity and traditions . Even your tribe, AMHARA, is a tribe with an Admixture with EuroAsia Gene flow with about 20%–30%,after test had been carried on it to determine the connection with NEARDENTHAL ancestors. While the Yoruba doesn't match the rate of the percentage with Europeans DNA as does Amhara but have a similar test carried out on Near East. The point here is that every Scientist knows human beings migrated from Africa to the rest of the world. This is no controversies over such but identifying where each group developed is what archaeologists as well as scientists are making research on. Lastly, I can't change my identity to an American's. So, I have no problem being identified as Yoruba and not African. Africa is not a tribe or ethnicity but a continent with 2000—3000 languages. No one will take my identity away from me and change it to “African" . I hardly see an English or German call himself or herself, European. It is only at the instance of politics . On Hebrew the reason of Hebrew link is a divine call on the world researchers to find them and make them known to world. This is the reason, the Israelites are truly looking for their lost family link because they know it that God has mentioned that they will be FOUND, in every CORNER OF THE WORLD where he had driven them. Have you been able to check the map of Nigeria and look at whose territorial expansion the Atlantic Ocean is located? It is one of the corner of the world. And I don't like African identity as a name but I PREFER to be called YORUBA or ODU'A descendant.
Are you Yoruba American?

Amharas don't have European DNA. It's just European propaganda. Amharas are mix of Cushite/Semite/Omote/Nilot, but large percentage of their DNA is Cushite, so they are Cushite.

I understand you, but the usage of religion/God isn't appropriate.

Do you consider yourself Hebrew than African? No or yes only!

African identity exist, just like European, Asian and South American identity exist. Why you don't want to be identified as African?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by nengibo: 4:20pm On Jun 18, 2017
hornyofife:

you are a goat. The claim of being jew has been there even before our great grand fathers, to whom it was passed down to them orally. The igbos are Hebrews, and their religion before the white men came was Judaism. Even the white missionaries acknowledge it in the documentations about the igbos when they came in 1845. in fact it was the Portuguese merchants who have first had contact with the igbos that first observe that we have connection with the biblical hebrews.That is why the first five books in the bible is a reflection of the igbo ancient culture and religion.

Again Go and read about Eri in genesis and exodus. Eri is still existing till today in Anambra, which is where igbos claim to from and ErI is one of the sons of Gad, also dont forget that eri is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria dating back to the 9th century

also have you asked yourself why hebrew sounds like igbo.. it started from hebrew to Heebo to Ebo to Ibo to now igbo. Hence the word igbo is a corruption of the biblical hebrew.

Again don't get it twisted the presented day Jews in Israel are not the real Jewish people, they are migrants from eastern Europe who conquered the black natives and settled there a long time ago and even in the Jewish torah which is equivalant to the christian bible described Jesus as a black man, that is why you still see the Egyptian Nubians are still black as it was in the days of Jesus, same as Ethiopian Jews.

I once asked my late grandmother where igbos came from, she specifically told me we came from Israel. whether that is true or not can be contested but what it means is that igbos for generations have always known they have connection with israel even before the white men came. . this is a woman who dead 15yrs ago at the age of 101yrs and obviously it must have been what her parents and grand parents told her too
How about that dna test conducted some months back, any idea wat d conclusions wer?
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hati13:

Are you Yoruba American?

Amharas don't have European DNA. It's just European propaganda. Amharas are mix of Cushite/Semite/Omote/Nilot, but large percentage of their DNA is Cushite, so they are Cushite.

African identity exist, just like European, Asian and South American identity exist. Why you don't want to be identified as African?
I am not an African American and would not even give it a million thought. There is no iota of doubt that United States is a country that gives opportunities to different people and it is a good thing for the whole humanity despite, the flaws in American system. However, I am not a fan of a system that gave recognition to same sex, even if such exist. Secondly, I don't believe in this monstrous entity of Africa as one nation. Far from it, because if that is how nature or God in my own school of thought designed it, we won't have over 2,000 + languages in Africa. Even if you consider the native Negro in America, you will be largely disappointed because, they kept complaining and don't think deep to make a difference despite the huge challenges. Imagine, a celebrity like Snoop Dogg( Cordozar Calvin Broadus Jnr) was detained in Europe in 2016 for having luggage of cash worth about 4,00,000$ . A celebrity of such magnitude,who is a man that is supposed to be a role model to a lot of people in America and Africa even if some people don't like him in the entire world. After all many Africans loves Rappers and he was an inspiration to many new rap African Artists . Thirdly, there isn't anything Iike propaganda about People's history based on research because in reality, they Europeans don't need “Africans" to survive even if the Africa continent has a lot of deposit of resources.They just want to compliment what they had established. So, don't even think they are happy that some of their ancestors migrated back to Africa. As it stand , the deed has been done. The Japan of this world, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea etc of this world are technologically advanced and developing their already developed system. And you expect someone like myself and millions that I spoke on behalf as regard thinking of Africa first or as my ethnicity?, I choose to think in progressives developmental patterned module. This must start as from self development –family development– Community development –society development– Nation development, perhaps the continent development. If the so called tribes in Africa, engage on this orientation process and engage in the first stage of nation building, then the whole Africa be developed. Seychelles is the most developed country in Africa with less than 100,000 people. Check their history and you will realise, there is nothing like Africans but different tribes in African continent. Is it ZUMA of South Africa? That is such a disgrace to his country but his colour folks are still queueing behind him despite his massive corruption habit . They chased away a great man like THABO MBEKI, and you think of Oneness in Africa? My ethnicity don't believe in the philosophy of oneness of Africa but the whole world because we Yoruba believe that the whole world originated from our ethnicity. Even if there is no evidence to it. And it is only Abraham's theory, according to the Bible that, his God mentioned it that he will bless Abraham and his descendants(HEBREW) will be in every part of the world. And today, DNA connection to all part of the world CONFIRM that Yoruba have link to all CORNER OF THE WORLD.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Spazolas: 7:24pm On Feb 14, 2019
9jakool:

Two or more people can share an opinion, even an obscured one at that. I'll lay out these question, why don't Yorubas follow Jewish Kosher or sacrificial laws? And who is Rabbi Mathew? What's his last name? What town in Ethiopia is his family from? What's his ethnicity? Why don't Yorubas use the Hebrew script? Why don't they use the torah? Why don't they celebrate mitzvah? Why don't they recognize passover? Why do Yorubas have orishas? Why do they use ifa? There are too many inconsistencies. For any correlations you can think of, there are tons of dissimilarities.

If you are familiar with biblical texts you will understand why Yoruba can claim to be Hebrews yet have Orishas and not observe Passover and Kosher and what have you. In the bible , it state that the people will lose their heritage and desist from worshipping the God of their fathers. I’m Jeremiaiah 44, it shows us how the Hebrews vowed never to worship God but stick to their idol worship and never let go of it.

Yoruba diety worship is SABIANISM, SABIANISM was adopted by the Hebrews once they discovered they drifted away from God and they assumed they could no longer communicate directly to their God, they adopted infusion of spirits and other forces as intermediaries between them and God. If any tribe claims to be Hebrews today and still claim to practise the ancient Hebraic ways to the T, you can be rest assured they are pretenders.

The reason why the real people were cursed was as a result of their refusal to desist from idol worship. The signs are semblance with Judaism you find in their culture and tradition today. That’s the pointer.

Per the circumcision, Yoruba has an old saying “ O ko ra e Sita bi Omo ojo mejo” which in English translates to “ he exposed himself/manhood like an 8th day old baby”. This is significant to circumcision that they do on the 8th day. They won’t use such an expression from a practise they aren’t engaged in.

Just as Olu317 said, Ancient Yoruba had two days set aside similar to Sabbath, one was a GENERAL no-work day while the other was designated for each deity attached to your proffession or line of work. There were severe penalties if caught working on that day.

Part of Yoruba dietary law ( exact same as that of the Hebrews, included restriction from consuming Pork, eating Pork was an abomination, even prior to emergence of Muhamedans/Islam or missionaries.

What you will find are snippets of Judaism embedded in their practices NOT Judaism practised to the T.

It took us so long to get to where we settled, we have adopted and mixed with different cultures which has deprived us of our original cutlure , however, snippets of these culture still remains

2 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Spazolas: 7:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
hakimi1974:
I read a very voluminous book by an igbo author concerning the cultural affinity between the igbos and the jews, and i must say it was an eye opener.

I know who you’re talking about , Remy Ilona, don’t mind that guy, he’s too desperate for a Jewish identity for the Igbos
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by morpheus24: 8:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hati13:

Are you Yoruba American?

To be more precise, Amhara have West Asian DNA which is generally Semetic but Europeans are closely related to People from the region of West Asia thus the link.

Amhara do have more Neanderthal DNA than most sub Saharan Africa because of this admixture but at a very low frequency.

There is nothing such as a true Negro. There have been different types of Africans but one particular phenotype were the most successful spreading within the continent and thus are the largest representation of the African phenotype today.

2 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2019
morpheus24:

To be more precise, Amhara have West Asian DNA which is generally Semetic but Europeans are closely related to People from the region of West Asia thus the link.

Amhara do have more Neanderthal DNA than most sub Saharan Africa because of this admixture but at a very low frequency.

There is nothing such as a true Negro. There have been different types of Africans but one particular phenotype were the most successful spreading within the continent and thus are the largest representation of the African phenotype today.
Thanks for some of the correction but Semitic originated in Ethiopia. Some other Semitic mixed with EthioSemitic but it wasn’t big and the bulk of West Eurasia DNA in Amara predate that by many thousands of years.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by morpheus24: 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2019
Hati13:

Thanks for some of the correction but Semitic originated in Ethiopia. Some other Semitic mixed with EthioSemitic but it wasn’t big and the bulk of West Eurasia DNA in Amara predate that by many thousands of years.

1. What to do you mean Semetic originated in Ethiopia. Semetic is a linguistic classification which has it origins in the levant so clarify with evidence how it originates from Ethiopia.

2. What do you mean by "some other Semitic mixed with EthioSemitic"?. What is an EthioSemitic?. Ethiopians are an ancient African peoples originating in the Eastern part of Africa with Cushitic roots. The Amhara and Tigray are a mix of these original groups and Semetic peoples from West Asia. The evidence is in the DNA. Oromo and Afar who are more to the interior though have some mix are less so than these aforementioned peoples.

2 Likes

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Mar 20, 2019
morpheus24:

1. What to do you mean Semetic originated in Ethiopia. Semetic is a linguistic classification which has it origins in the levant so clarify with evidence how it originates from Ethiopia.
There is no evidence that EthioSemite come from outside. This branch need AT LEAST 5000 years to diversify like it did. This date is near for the origin of Semitic. And it’s known that Semitic and Cushitic have strong relationship and almost all Cushitic are found in Ethiopia. The closet Middle East Semitic language to EthioSemitic is Akkadian not south Arabian. Akkadian is the oldest of all Middle East Semitic languages. EthioSemitic and Akkadian are sister language which split from proto-Semitic.

morpheus24:

2. What do you mean by "some other Semitic mixed with EthioSemitic"?.
Few Semite from the Middle East mixed with Ethiopians but it magnitude wasn’t like some exaggerated to be. It was small.

morpheus24:

What is an EthioSemitic?.
The Semitic branch spoken in Ethiopia and Eritrea.

morpheus24:

Ethiopians are an ancient African peoples originating in the Eastern part of Africa with Cushitic roots. The Amhara and Tigray are a mix of these original groups and Semetic peoples from West Asia. The evidence is in the DNA. Oromo and Afar who are more to the interior though have some mix are less so than these aforementioned peoples.

Yes Ethiopians are ancient African ppl who originated in East Africa but they aren’t all Cushitic (by the current Cushitic aren’t the ancient Cushitic). There is no evidence that Amara and Tigrean or other EthioSemitic speakers originated as a result of so called Cushitic and west Asian mixture. The bulk of West Asian component on Amara or Tigrean or other Ethiopians predate the existence of Cushitic and Semitic.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2019
@Hat13, how are you doing? Quite a while. While reading through your assertion, I discovered you claimed Semitic begun in Ethiopia . It s based on this, I waant you to answer some questions as follows :

1. What kind of Semitic language is generally spoken in Ethiopia?

2. Do any of the spoken ethiopian language intelligible to the ones in present day Middle East?

3. Can you interpret any pictograph of Semitic origin ?

4. Do you have evidence that semitic people begun in Ethiopia if you consider the fact that the oldest human fossil,which was founded outside Africa was discovered on Semitic Land in middle East( Isreal) which is about 190,000+ years?

5. Do Ethiopia have Obelisk of semitic origin?

6.How old is obelisk in Ethiopia which shows Semitic
origin?

Cheers
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2019
Olu317:
@Hat13, how are you doing? Quite a while. While reading through your assertion, I discovered you claimed Semitic begun in Ethiopia . It s based on this, I waant you to answer some questions as follows :

1. What kind of Semitic language is generally spoken in Ethiopia?

2. Do any of the spoken ethiopian language intelligible to the ones in present day Middle East?

3. Can you interpret any pictograph of Semitic origin ?

4. Do you have evidence that semitic people begun in Ethiopia if you consider the fact that the oldest human fossil,which was founded outside Africa was discovered on Semitic Land in middle East( Isreal) which is about 190,000+ years?

5. Do Ethiopia have Obelisk of semitic origin?

6.How old is obelisk in Ethiopia which shows Semitic
origin?

Cheers
Hi Olu, I’m doing good. How about you?

1. What do you mean by kind?

2. Not intelligible but related.

3. No

4. The one found in Israel is the oldest outside of Africa not the oldest of all founded. The evidence for Semitic being local to Ethiopia is most of the Semitic languages are spoken in Ethiopia and one of the most archaic Semitic language is found in Ethiopia (the diverse Gurage languages). And EthioSemitic is related more with Akkadian than south Arabian semitic languages. Akkadian was the oldest recorded Semitic language. This means the claim that Semitic was introduced to Ethiopia from south Arabia is incorrect.

5. Aksumite built Obelisk. They spoke Geez, a Semitic language.

6. Date between 3rd and 4th century.

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 21, 2019
Olu317,

I know you know more about language. I’m telling from what I read and watched.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Olu317(m): 10:45pm On Mar 21, 2019
Hati13:
Olu317,

I know you know more about language. I’m telling from what I read and watched.
I doubt you not.
Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by morpheus24: 4:47pm On Mar 22, 2019
Hati13:

There is no evidence that EthioSemite come from outside. This branch need AT LEAST 5000 years to diversify like it did. This date is near for the origin of Semitic. And it’s known that Semitic and Cushitic have strong relationship and almost all Cushitic are found in Ethiopia. The closet Middle East Semitic language to EthioSemitic is Akkadian not south Arabian. Akkadian is the oldest of all Middle East Semitic languages. EthioSemitic and Akkadian are sister language which split from proto-Semitic.

////, totally confused by this response it doesn't really tell me anything

Hati13:

Few Semite from the Middle East mixed with Ethiopians but it magnitude wasn’t like some exaggerated to be. It was small.

Every genetic test conducted on most Ethiopian groups show almost a 50% austosomal genetic inheritance from West Asian haplogroups. Their YTdna remains mostly African which means most of the men were of Ethiopian origin but their Mtdna shows West Asian origins at a high degree as well. Google is your friend please use it to look up genetic studies on Ethiopians. [/quote]

Hati13:

Yes Ethiopians are ancient African ppl who originated in East Africa but they aren’t all Cushitic (by the current Cushitic aren’t the ancient Cushitic). There is no evidence that Amara and Tigrean or other EthioSemitic speakers originated as a result of so called Cushitic and west Asian mixture. The bulk of West Asian component on Amara or Tigrean or other Ethiopians predate the existence of Cushitic and Semitic.

Laughable. Of course not all Ethiopians are not Cushitic in origin however most of them are. There have been large exchanges of genetic material from West Asia to main land East Africa and vice versa for thousands of years. It is ridiculous to believe that people that live in these regions are not a good mix of both peoples across the sea anymore so than it is ridiculous to believe that Northern Sudanese do not have a good mix of West Asian DNA in a good amount of their people baring the southern Sudanese people who are less of a mix between West Asian and Arab.

Semetic languages originated in the levant, spread to the middle east and then back into the Horn.

There is a correlation between the groups that speak Semetic languages in Ethiopia and the degree of West Asian genetic ancestry. In other words the groups that speak Semetic languages in Ethiopia are the groups with the highest admixture of West Asian genetic material. Example; an Oromo Cushitic speaker will generally have less West Asian admixture than an Amharic Semetic speaker.

1 Like

Re: Question - Why Ethiopian Jews Are Recognized, But Not Nigerian Jews? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2019
morpheus24:

////, totally confused by this response it doesn't really tell me anything

Every genetic test conducted on most Ethiopian groups show almost a 50% austosomal genetic inheritance from West Asian haplogroups. Their YTdna remains mostly African which means most of the men were of Ethiopian origin but their Mtdna shows West Asian origins at a high degree as well. Google is your friend please use it to look up genetic studies on Ethiopians.

Laughable. Of course not all Ethiopians are not Cushitic in origin however most of them are. There have been large exchanges of genetic material from West Asia to main land East Africa and vice versa for thousands of years. It is ridiculous to believe that people that live in these regions are not a good mix of both peoples across the sea anymore so than it is ridiculous to believe that Northern Sudanese do not have a good mix of West Asian DNA in a good amount of their people baring the southern Sudanese people who are less of a mix between West Asian and Arab.

Semetic languages originated in the levant, spread to the middle east and then back into the Horn.

There is a correlation between the groups that speak Semetic languages in Ethiopia and the degree of West Asian genetic ancestry. In other words the groups that speak Semetic languages in Ethiopia are the groups with the highest admixture of West Asian genetic material. Example; an Oromo Cushitic speaker will generally have less West Asian admixture than an Amharic Semetic speaker.
I didn’t doubt the high west Asian ancestry on most Ethiopians. But the bulk of this ancestry predate the existence of Cushitic and Semitic. The non African ancestry are so ancient that it has become distinct to the Horn of Africa. But if you compare them with others it’s more related with North African and Levant than Arabia. This is means the similarity between Ethiopians and Arabians is exaggerated.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaking Out Against The Bride Price Practice / Gay Culture Gains Ground On Nigerian Varsity Campuses / Ijebu People - The Most Industrious Beings On Earth. Please Let's Get Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.