Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,906 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers (8297 Views)

Smartphone Batteries: Some Very Vital Info You May Or May Not Know / Why Smartphone Batteries Explode And How To Prevent It / Say Goodbye To Dead Smartphone Batteries With Itel P32 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by TecnoServe: 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
1. Must You Charge Your New Phone To Full Capacity Before Using It?
Yes. If you use a Nickel Cadmium (NiCad) Battery. Fortunately, the era of NiCad is long gone. Nowadays, we use Lithium-ion based batteries which do not have “Chemical Memory” as is the case with NiCad which caused the capacity to be dependent on how it has been charged/discharged. However, it is recommended that you charge your smartphone to full capacity before using, that way you are able to determine if it has a good battery life or not after it runs down.

2. Does your battery quality deteriorate with time?

Yes, your battery deteriorates over time. Some of us get phones whose battery capacities are out of this world, and then one year down the line, we begin to wonder what we must have done wrong? Lithium-ion batteries of today are built to last a certain number of cycles. You battery has peaked a cycle when it is “fully empty”. For example, if you use eighty percent of your battery capacity in one day, then charge up to one hundred percent, and use 20 percent the next day, it is assumed that for those two days, you have fully drained the juice on your battery to qualify for a cycle.
Depending on the device, a battery would have to go between 300 and 500 cycles before they attain about 75% of their original capacity.

3. Will leaving my phone charging for a long time spoil my phone?

Yes and No. No, because your type of battery which is more likely Lithium-ion based is equally smart and is programmed to stop current inflow once it has charged to full capacity. Under normal temperature conditions, it is safe to leave your phone charging overnight. However, if you charge in a place tht is too hot, there are chances your battery might swell up or even explode!

4. The Optimum Way Of Charging Your Device?
Well a battery expert who goes by the name Shane Broesk has advised that “frequent top-ups, rather than one daily charge up, is healthier for your battery. It’s not convenient, but that’s the optimal way to charge your smartphone if you want to ensure the longest life possible.”

Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by LionDeLeo: 4:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
OP, thanks, especially on 3 & 4.

Meanwhile, hbd.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Ennyholar: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
Nice info
I learnt about this trick some times back and it has been helping in keeping my L9 Plus battery in good shape.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Behankey(m): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ennyholar:
Nice info
I learnt about this trick some times back and it has been helping in keeping my L9 Plus battery in good shape.
You guys using L9 Plus have no worries na. Let's say ur battery gets weak. That means it will drop from 5000mah to 4000mah, still a beast smiley

5 Likes

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by bravesoul247(m): 5:27pm On Jun 13, 2017
I learnt about how to keep batteries on check and I had that in mind before I got my new device. Omo na to pamper my Tecno Camon CX battery.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by TecnoServe: 8:34pm On Jun 13, 2017
LionDeLeo:
OP, thanks, especially on 3 & 4.

Meanwhile, hbd.

Received with many thanks.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by SleekMadam: 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
People using L9 have no worries, but my camon C9 battery must be guided with care from now on. I don't have money for a new phone yet

1 Like

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by ddjay: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
u c ba op,thanks very much 4dat part in 4 "FREQUENT TOP UP" because it reminds me of the need to thank God dat batteries r nt like generators if nt we 4 buy fuel tire..and some rogue marketers here in naija wld av bcom trillionaires (in pounds 4dat mata).don't mind dem marketers, am sure dey r angry dat phone batteries don't run on petrol
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by OVA200(m): 10:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
It just in Nigeria that we pay to much attention to battery because of our epileptic power supply I always imagine if our light is 100% available I can even buy a phone if 5.5" with 1000mah battery capacity.

I just hope the chemical in all this batteries will not wipe us out one day.

7 Likes

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Freelancerx: 11:40am On Jun 17, 2017
OVA200:
It just in Nigeria that we pay to much attention to battery because of our epileptic power supply I always imagine if our light is 100% available I can even buy a phone if 5.5" with 1000mah battery capacity.

I just hope the chemical in all this batteries will not wipe us out one day.
Lol. God forbid bad thing. Our poor power supply is the reason why most phone makers are making phones with huge battery that will last for a long time with just a charge. Take the Tecno L9 Plus for example. 5000mah and can still charge other phones.

1 Like

Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by scarycuteface(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
SleekMadam:
People using L9 have no worries, but my camon C9 battery must be guided with care from now on. I don't have money for a new phone yet
You might not need to buy a new phone, Carlcare will taken care of the issue of replacing the battery. But it is always good to prevent than cure.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by SleekMadam: 8:30am On Jun 19, 2017
scarycuteface:
You might not need to buy a new phone, Carlcare will taken care of the issue of replacing the battery. But it is always good to prevent than cure.

Carlcare can help replace the battery? Wow! That's I'd really nice. Thank you for this information
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nostradamus: 10:48pm On Jun 22, 2017
those tips are really helpful, i will start applying them because of my tecno L8 battery
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by HarveyDeven: 11:39pm On Jun 22, 2017
Number 3 is some great information. A lot of users believe that they shouldn't let the phone charge overnight because it can affect the battery....
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by lajoshua: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
See the prices of latest phones clickhere so you can plan your budget before going to the phone shop
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by TheHistorian(m): 9:31am On Jun 23, 2017
grin
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 23, 2017
Good people of nairaland.com, please I need your help here. https://www.nairaland.com/3877035/need-serious-financial-assistance
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Dandsome: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2017
Following
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2017
Thanks OP. I think I will take No 4, even though I use a phone with good battery
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 23, 2017
Iamdemola:
Thanks OP. I think I will take No 4, even though I use a phone with good battery

What phone is that please?
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by uwa244(m): 9:39am On Jun 23, 2017
Very important information.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 23, 2017
We just need constant power supply,and even 2500mAh is too much
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by eezeribe(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2017
Nothing new
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by eezeribe(m): 9:47am On Jun 23, 2017
TechEnthusiast:
We just need constant power supply,and even 2500mAh is too much
Exactly
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by jay2pee(m): 9:52am On Jun 23, 2017
I make use of GIONEE M3, battery, 5000MAH.... So, I am not really borthered
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by just2endowed: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2017
you can support your battery by getting Romoss Sense 6 LED 20,000mah powerbank. Other series of Romoss Powerbank are available.

Check my signature below
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by slawomir: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2017
Mehhhh... ..am guilty of that number 3
I leave my phone charge overnight. Use infinix hot 3 with a 3000mah battery
Even when am using my phone still I leave It on charge
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 23, 2017
[I] All I saw is tecno MARKETERS everywhere on this thread[/i]
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by honestivo(m): 11:09am On Jun 23, 2017
pls using and charging of phone at the same time is it healthier for the phone and battery.
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by Noylax(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2017
Charging phone battery with solar kit....is it good or bad? can it destroy battery?
Re: Some Questions About Your Smartphone Batteries And Their Answers by salesforce: 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2017
Good

(1) (2) (Reply)

No More Airtel Polcom Weekly / When Last Did You Send A Text Message After Series Of Calls That Was Not Taken / TECNO Partners VOGUE To Capture ‘style In Motion’ At London Fashion Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.