Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

SMARTWEBHOST - A Case Of Administrative Ineptitude - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SMARTWEBHOST - A Case Of Administrative Ineptitude (426 Views)

Ideas #0004 – Virtual “administrative” Assistance For Small Businesses / How To Succeed In Bulk SMS Business In Nigeria. My Story A Case Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SMARTWEBHOST - A Case Of Administrative Ineptitude by mcqwerty(m): 4:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
I have been "managing" Smartwebhost nigeria for a while though its clear their shared linux hosting is very slow. Its something I could deal with since my website hosted with them is not a high traffic site.

I was sent a message that the server I was hosted on was having issues some months back.

After a couple of weeks again, I noticed my website was down for like 2-3 days before I got a mail from support that the same server was having issues.

After about 4 days of Smartweb "trying" to resolve the issue, I was sent another mail that they "lost" the drive, meaning all websites that were hosted on it ,including mine was all gone. I quickly checked the other sites that were hosted o the same I.P. with me to verify if I was the only one affected and they were down as well. No backups from them. Nothing!

I made up my mind that this would be the last time i would host or purchase domain with them.

Nigerian hosts can be terrible.
Re: SMARTWEBHOST - A Case Of Administrative Ineptitude by SConnect: 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
mcqwerty:
I have been "managing" Smartwebhost nigeria for a while though its clear their shared linux hosting is very slow. Its something I could deal with since my website hosted with them is not a high traffic site.

I was sent a message that the server I was hosted on was having issues some months back.

After a couple of weeks again, I noticed my website was down for like 2-3 days before I got a mail from support that the same server was having issues.

After about 4 days of Smartweb "trying" to resolve the issue, I was sent another mail that they "lost" the drive, meaning all websites that were hosted on it ,including mine was all gone. I quickly checked the other sites that were hosted o the same I.P. with me to verify if I was the only one affected and they were down as well. No backups from them. Nothing!

I made up my mind that this would be the last time i would host or purchase domain with them.

Nigerian hosts can be terrible.

We are sorry you had such bad experience.

Just incase, you may be interested in a Reliable Web Hosting Provider who takes regular backups of your data at no extra charge.

Our unlimited web hosting package is the best, it's super fast and very stable backed with a 100% Uptime Guarantee.

Unlimited Web Space
Unlimited Monthly Bandwidth
Free Unlimited SSL Certificates
Free Automatic Daily Backup
100% Uptime Guarantee
Fully supports Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, SMF, etc
FREE Softaculous Auto Installer
FREE Website Transfer
London, UK Data-center

Starting at ₦2700 First Year using Promo Code: 50%OFFUNLIMITED
Payments Accepted via Bitcoin, PerfectMoney, PayPal, Naira MasterCard/Verve/Visa & GTBank Internet Banking

Why You Should Host Your Website With Us;

UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH/TRAFFIC
At SpeedyConnect.net, worrying about the bandwidth/traffic consumption of your shared hosting account is a thing of the past as each of our shared hosting packages has Unlimited bandwidth/traffic.

WE ARE NOT RESELLERS
We own and manage all our servers, This allows us to pass on very competitive lowest cost prices unto our customers.

24/7/365 CUSTOMER SUPPORT
We are always here to serve you 24/7/365 (Day and Night) via Live Chat, Ticket.

100% UPTIME GUARANTEE
We hate downtime just as much as you do. We guarantee your website a rock solid 100% uptime, which means your website will be online always.

LOW PRICE GUARANTEE
Our Hosting prices are very cheap and include an extensive list of features including UNLIMITED web space, UNLIMITED bandwidth, and If you know of any host offering same features at a lower price, just contact us and we will beat it.

FREE AUTOMATIC DAILY BACKUP
Your data are automatically backed up daily and stored in multiple backup servers at no extra cost. Sleep well knowing your data is in safe hands.

YOU BENEFIT FROM HIGH QUALITY SERVICES
We utilize only High spec Intel Xeon CPU's, Enterprise SATA's & SSD's, fully redundant premium network, 1Gbps Uplink and lot's more.

----------
Follow us on Social Media:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedyconnect
Facebook: https://facebook.com/speedyconnect.net
Instagram: https://instagram.com/speedyconnect_net
------------

Re: SMARTWEBHOST - A Case Of Administrative Ineptitude by foxychev(m): 7:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
Those smartweb guys suck!
Sites downtime on their servers is not strange to me.
Though they have juicy offers, they go dumb when things get a bit technical. I once solved an issue their backend deemed "not possible" within 10 minutes on my own for a company (after many ticket escalations).
Sincerely they are one of the best in Nigeria, not just good enough by my own standards.

Bro, go for foreign hosts.

(1) (Reply)

Get This Website Free / Webmail / Stop Invalid Traffic To Your Website And Safeguard Your Adsense Account. See How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.