Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,488 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Why Null/warez Extension Is A Total NO - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Null/warez Extension Is A Total NO (421 Views)

null / Paid Theme Vs Null Theme / Total Cost In Creating A Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Null/warez Extension Is A Total NO by darthv: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2017
Apart from the Official wordpress site, there are thousands of site that offer free themes and plugins and also others who give premium themes and plugin for free.The problem here is that they cannot be trusted always.

Most people who share this extensions put in malicious code in them which is not easy to find especially when you ain’t familiar with PHP or Mysql.

why exactly do they do this?

To hack your site.
To redirect your site to spam links
To display their ads on your site
To get back links from you unknowingly
When i started with wordpress, i once used a nulled Premium theme i downloaded online.This theme was awesome, i was very happy as i got it for free,later on i discovered that a back link was in the theme which would pop up whenever i want to share my new blogging tips on Facebook, i searched tirelessly for the text displayed online via cpanel, even my host searched both file and database to no avail. I got to download the full wordpress file from host to Pc and search each file with notepad ++, to no avail. So on the long run, i had to change the theme, guess what? those spam links where still there it had incorporated into wordpress core files and my SEO had reduced drastically, i had no option than to pull down the full site and start all over.

I was lucky to have discovered on time and the code didn’t take years to manifest, which could had been even more devastating.

Please note that nobody is father Christmas, that would be sharing paid stuffs free online, there is always something attached in return.
Never download from
the worst of all- Dlwordpress.com and blackhatword
-Bigtheme.net
gfxnull e.t.c

My take to be safe online avoid NULLED EXTENSIONS. Use a free theme if you cant buy a premium one, that saves you lots of troubles.

https://rubinuvia.com/nulled-themes-download-safe-not/

Re: Why Null/warez Extension Is A Total NO by darthv: 6:08pm On Jun 20, 2017
had any terrible experience from nulled themes/plugins? kindly share your experience.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Website Ranking On SEO / My Advice For Nairaland / New Post: How To Hide A Do-follow Link Inside All Your Blog Post For Content Ste

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.