Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Educational Rot And Ways To Stem Them - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Educational Rot And Ways To Stem Them (463 Views)

A.M Sex, Its Benefits, And Ways To Make It Happen / Superlife STC30 Stem Cell / Who Is To Blame For This Rot Parent,peers Or Society? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Educational Rot And Ways To Stem Them by Precious91(m): 7:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
Adekemi Oluseyi Kolapo
I had an interesting gist with my siblings today.Actually first time in a long time.We were discussing how students are failing anyhow in secondary schools these days.My elder sister made mention of more than 5 cases of students whose parents are unavailable. Giving instances of how parents in search of the so called "greener pasture" leave the upbringing of their children to grandparents and house helps. The schools are not also helping matters with employing teachers who can hardly teach themselves.
I was able to pick out some things: 1.Parents are selfish.They allow their differences to affect the children emotionally and in other spheres.Parents fight at will,affecting their children psychologically and emotionally.They also should know that the needs of the child are beyond material wants alone.So many children are molested,yet the children are dying in silence with no one to talk to.
2.Schools should endeavour to employ teachers who are capable and not in panic.Schools should also look at how they can be part of a child's growth process asides teaching.Teachers should please be more attentive to personal needs of students.Have heard funny stories from students when I became close to them.
3.Religious houses should also endeavour to help.They are not just their to teach about spirituality alone but the total needs of the family.There are families going through issues but when you keep shouting about their spiritual needs alone,they will hardly use it since there is no balance in the home front.
4.The government should also review working conditions for parents.It will help stem parents being far away from their kids all in the name of jobs.Educational curriculum should also be reviewed to meet up to international standards.More counsellors should also be provided for the family and kids. In all,I believe we can have a sane society if we all can work towards it.
Thank you for reading.
cc lalasticalala,Tosyne2much,Nichyemzor,Lillyqueen,Wristbangle

(1) (Reply)

Small Things We Should All Do, But Rarely Do – Lagos State Security Trust Fund / Please Read.. / 8 Ways To Keep Your Child Healthy Despite The Heat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.