Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,210 members, 7,825,789 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Categories Of People You'd Meet On A Land Journey! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Categories Of People You'd Meet On A Land Journey! (387 Views)

Nigeria To Increase Visa Categories From 6 To 79 / Which Categories Of Individuals Use Diplomatic Passports In Nigeria? / Cost Of New Nigerian International Passport By Categories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Categories Of People You'd Meet On A Land Journey! by daewoorazer(m): 10:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
Grab some pops and prob a soda while you feed your eyes with possible sets of people you are likely to encounter while travelling:

The Food gang: these set of people upon hitting the inside of the bus starts ordering all manners of foods and snacks. These people are usually without shame and are most times with bad chewing habits. I was enroute Abuja someday and there was this woman who ordered egg, the vendor sold 4 for 100, 8 for 200. My people, this woman bought 8 and finished all before the journey even started.

My whole family crew: In this case it usually involves the woman, or as the situation may be, a couple while the woman is with 3 kids (usually between ages 0-5) + another strapped to her back. The couple is usually not without huge bags. Sitting with these people means thinning out your space.

Tse-Tse fly crew: we all conversant with this crew, they even start sleeping before the car moves sometimes. In some cases, they find comfort resting their heads on your shoulder while they snore heavily. You can relate nah

Love birds: these people sit with themselves and they cuddle and romance themselves from the first mile spent to the last. The extremely bad ones even touch each other exclusively without the shame of the public. Them no send.

Lousy call makers: these people can be very irritating. ‘Helllllllllllo, who is speaking? Who is speaking? Yes you are speaking with tunde, Ohhhhh, damola its you, please send that 1 million into my account tomorrow’ and so they invite robbers into their homes.

Old Careful people: any mistake into a pot hole or a ‘outta the norm’ speed and the driver is in for a lecture. They shout at him like they gave him the car to drive. Students usually don’t likemoving with these people because they’d sure convert a 1hour journey into a 2.5hrs.

Hip-Hop crews: Oh my, the last time it happened I was sitting beside this cool dude. He wascool until he brought out this extremely loud china mobile with probably busted speakers. Dude was playing a song like that and boom, he started singing after the artiste. Man, if guy should make a single, not a millipede will buy. Voice was so crooked and off tune. I had to tell the nigga, ‘do you mind you use your earpiece man?’

Mechanics: sometimes they feel the need to go get a part in probs a neighbouring town, yet some of them will never feel the need to wear an overall. If you are on a white native to go greet your in-laws, you are OYO

Talkatives: these usually appear as friends who can talk the whole length of a 2 days journey. If you are seriously unlucky, they usually come with some strong accents. My last experience was with two igbo ladies, they so know how to stress the consonant ‘ch’ and ‘g’. My people, I had to postpone my calls till I alighted.

The messers: no long talk, yall know some guys are without shame and can mess for Africa

The prayer warriors: while its cool to start a journey with a prayer, I had a funny experience when we were about to reach our destination and nigga was like lets pray to give thanks for safe journey. I was like WTF? Shouldn’t we do this on our own?

I need to say this, The experiences mentioned are real life experiences and not to provoke any tribe as y’all know I’m from the Zanga.

Oh I forgot to mention, you may also find snake lovers like lalasticlala shocked grin
Add yourz

(1) (Reply)

Seven Die In Edo Multiple Auto Crash / Diesel Tanker Involved In A Fatal Accident In Akwa Ibom State. / Peace Mass Transit Bemoans High Levies, Threatens To Vacate C’river

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.