Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,335 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? (1895 Views)

Extra clean tokunbo 2012 Venza fully loaded with V6 engine,panoramic roof-5M / Honda Eod 2004 With V6 Engine. How Good Is The Ride Please / Tokunbo 2007 Audi Q7 With V6 Engine @ 6.6m(negotiable) sold! sold!! sold!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2017
I want to buy a v6 2003 mazda millenia from someone that has no issue with the car but just want to sell because she got a new corolla, i took a mechanic to help check it, he says the car is okay but he wont advice me to buy it because it has a v6 engine claims it is not good because it is my first car, that it consumes fuel bla bla. I really like the car but the man totally discourage me please i need candid advice on what to do?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by Kufie(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2017
bolafma:
I want to buy a v6 2003 mazda millenia from someone that has no issue with the car but just want to sell because she got a new corolla, i took a mechanic to help check it, he says the car is okay but he wont advice me to buy it because it has a v6 engine claims it is not good because it is my first car, that it consumes fuel bla bla. I really like the car but the man totally discourage me please i need candid advice on what to do?

V6 or 4 cylinder, please run away from Mazda millenia. Thank me later
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 9:08pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kufie:

V6 or 4 cylinder, please run away from Mazda millenia. Thank me later

Thanks your reason please.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by Kufie(m): 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2017
bolafma:

Thanks your reason please.

It's very unreliable. Had one back in 2007, it wasn't a pleasant experience
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by onward4life(m): 10:13pm On Jun 14, 2017
Kufie:

It's very unreliable. Had one back in 2007, it wasn't a pleasant experience

THE V6 IS ABOUT TO KILL MY NEIGHBOUR SO.

ALWAYS WASHING THE CAR

HE CANT PAY NEPA BILL

AND STI USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2017
onward4life:

THE V6 IS ABOUT TO KILL MY NEIGHBOUR SO.

ALWAYS WASHING THE CAR

HE CANT PAY NEPA BILL

AND STI USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT

hmmmmmmm
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by aioluwa: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2017
V6 cars are as good as 4 plugs but it consumes more fuel.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 14, 2017
I don't know about mazda,pple have too much complain on the millenia & protege series,personally I don't like dem, the only model they impressed me with is the CX7...
but I used a toyota camry v6 back in 2011...I ddnt regret it....the thing about V6 is this....if the engine is still in top performance...u won't notice any crazy fuel consumption....in fact when u are on the highway blazing at 140km/hr ..it can use less than 10litrs from Lagos to ibadan on a Sunday morning, u know say road dey free on Sunday morning shaaaa...

On a normal day a six cylinder ride is dope anyday over a 4 cylinder, in theory, the job of 4 men is being carried out by six dudes. This is suppose to be an advantage...(my opinion though)

however,when wear and tear begins to set in...the extra two cylinder that ought to be an advantage over a 4cylinder car will automatically be posing extra pressure on the entire engine performance...extra pressure equals extra fuel consumption...coupled with so many other conditions like weight, fuel type, unqualified kazeem maintenance...

as for me shaaa...u know the saying[b] "once u go black u can't go back".[/b]..

I've used a 4cylinder, but the day I switched to a V6......I knew I was cheating myself...dat very day I told meself my next ride was gonna be a v8 as soon as I can afford it...and I'm eyeing the 2006 lexus SC430..one tiny ride like that with a whopping 8 cyilinder engine..

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by buchilino(m): 10:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
OP I OWN A V6 CAR N I DON'T INTEND TO USE ANY V4 IN D FUTURE. IT DOESN'T CONSUME FUEL AS DEY CLAIM. BUT IF U REALLY WANT TO ENJOY V6, DON'T BUY ANY V6 NAJIA USED. BUY IT TOKS. MOST V6 OWNERS DON'T NO HOW TO MAINTAIN A V6 ENGINE. D OTHER DAY I SAW A FRIEND USING DOT 4 BRAKE OIL IN HIS V6 CAR INSTEAD OF D RECOMMENDED DOT3. SOME USE DESTON 2 ATF IN DER V6 CARS INSTEAD OF 3. MY POINT IS DAT, MOST DESTROY D CARS N LATER SELL AS SCRAP TO AN UNSUSPECTING BUYER. BUY V6 AS TOKS, U WILL ENJOY IT MORE. ONE FINAL ADVISE, STAY AWAY FROM DAT MAZDA.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by lillyontop(m): 11:42pm On Jun 14, 2017
Good day my friend any body that says v6 is full of Shit just give him your middle finger cos the person doesn't know what he or she is saying...... I am not here to spoil any car or product but believe me v6 cars are da bomb on rear cases you see v6 engine smokes cos they are powerful and with stand stress just that their parts are little expensive than v4 engines but same problems..... if love speed and balance go for v6 but if you want something cheaper to maintain go for v4
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by tooth4tooth: 12:25am On Jun 15, 2017
1StopRudeness:
I don't know about mazda,pple have too much complain on the millenia & protege series,personally I don't like dem, the only model they impressed me with is the CX7...
but I used a toyota camry v6 back in 2011...I ddnt regret it....the thing about V6 is this....if the engine is still in top performance...u won't notice any crazy fuel consumption....in fact when u are on the highway blazing at 140km/hr ..it can use less than 10litrs from Lagos to ibadan on a Sunday morning, u know say road dey free on Sunday morning shaaaa...

On a normal day a six cylinder ride is dope anyday over a 4 cylinder, in theory, the job of 4 men is being carried out by six dudes. This is suppose to be an advantage...(my opinion though)

however,when wear and tear begins to set in...the extra two cylinder that ought to be an advantage over a 4cylinder car will automatically be posing extra pressure on the entire engine performance...extra pressure equals extra fuel consumption...coupled with so many other conditions like weight, fuel type, unqualified kazeem maintenance...

as for me shaaa...u know the saying[b] "once u go black u can't go back".[/b]..

I've used a 4cylinder, but the day I switched to a V6......I knew I was cheating myself...dat very day I told meself my next ride was gonna be a v8 as soon as I can afford it...and I'm eyeing the 2006 lexus SC430..one tiny ride like that with a whopping 8 cyilinder engine..
The bolded explains how you love speed cheesy cheesy
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by sinebaba(m): 12:57am On Jun 15, 2017
No car is super good and no one is bad each car have there advantage and disadvantage in fact am Chief of rare car and have never regret using any car. When I want to buy a car I test it to my satisfactionand my mind go for it I pay and enjoy my money. V6, v4 the all serve there purpose and both are very good. The question is who do you give your car to service?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2017
tooth4tooth:

Yes oooo my oga...whats the essence of having a teeth that won't bite...
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by LionDeLeo: 7:01am On Jun 15, 2017
aioluwa:
V6 cars are as good as 4 plugs but it consumes more fuel.

More power output than v4.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 7:22am On Jun 15, 2017
sinebaba:
No car is super good and no one is bad each car have there advantage and disadvantage in fact am Chief of rare car and have never regret using any car. When I want to buy a car I test it to my satisfactionand my mind go for it I pay and enjoy my money. V6, v4 the all serve there purpose and both are very good. The question is who do you give your car to service?

Thanks for your input and time.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by millomaniac: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2017
I will not drive anything less than a V6 engine. Forget all the noise about v6 consuming fuel its a big fat lie the consumption difference is insignificant. However you must always treat your car with respect. Ive been driving my v6 accord for 4 years now. I always take pride in bragging to my friends how economical the fuel consumption is whenever they start whining about how their four cylinder consumes fuel. My next car will be an AWD but if it aint v6 or 8 i aint buying period.

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 7:49am On Jun 15, 2017
millomaniac:
I will not drive anything less than a V6 engine. Forget all the noise about v6 consuming fuel its a big fat lie the consumption difference is insignificant. However you must always treat your car with respect. Ive been driving my v6 accord for 4 years now. I always take pride in bragging to my friends how economical the fuel consumption is whenever they start whining about how their four cylinder consumes fuel. My next car will be an AWD but if it aint v6 or 8 i aint buying period.

Thanks for your input and time.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2017
people wey suppose add mouth concerning this issue never add.
ops first ur title is misleading!
ur content tends to focus on ur particular issue regarding v6 and I4.

for others posting without proof..... that's y the big guns didn't​contribute.
v6 actually give more power at the cost of a lil extra fuel. someone here used a perfect illustration...... 4 or 6 men carrying a load for u. lemme give u a better scenario... 4 men pushing ur car and 6 men. the illustrator forgot the cost tho. if they charge u per min @ 1k per min, 4 men might get the job done in 1 hr, while 6 men in 45mins. do the math. u gats a trade-off between finance and time taken. for lovers of power cruise... use v6 albeit very terrible mpg in heavy traffic city driving and more than a perfect experience on the highway. for misers of fuel and mostly city drivers.. go for 4cyl

2 Likes

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by obekediamondfuto(m): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2017
now for ur main content op!
a Mazda v6 is not different from any other v6. if ur claim is true beyond every reasonable doubt that it doesn't have any fault ( u seem convinced about the story u were told about the car)
go look up the mpg ratings online for the car in question. come back here and post.
so if there is nothing wrong with the car, use it

1 Like

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
people wey suppose add mouth concerning this issue never add.
ops first ur title is misleading!
ur content tends to focus on ur particular issue regarding v6 and I4.

for others posting without proof..... that's y the big guns didn't​contribute.
v6 actually give more power at the cost of a lil extra fuel. someone here used a perfect illustration...... 4 or 6 men carrying a load for u. lemme give u a better scenario... 4 men pushing ur car and 6 men. the illustrator forgot the cost tho. if they charge u per min @ 1k per min, 4 men might get the job done in 1 hr, while 6 men in 45mins. do the math. u gats a trade-off between finance and time taken. for lovers of power cruise... use v6 albeit very terrible mpg in heavy traffic city driving and more than a perfect experience on the highway. for misers of fuel and mostly city drivers.. go for 4cyl

Thanks for your time and input
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:
a Mazda v6 is not different from any other v6. if ur claim is true beyond every reasonable doubt that it doesn't have any fault ( u seem convinced about the story u were told about the car)
go look up the mpg ratings online for the car in question. come back here and post.

Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

Average User MPG: 21
Range: 20 - 22 MPG
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:40am On Jun 15, 2017
bolafma:

Average User MPG: 21
Range: 20 - 22 MPG

see, I told u. it's not bad at all for a v6, 20 city, 21 highway. quite efficient if u ask me. some v6 do city 18.
go for it if all the necessary checks r in place. also check the cel on the dash.
cel means check engine light, or any other malfunction light. also don't forget to scan. sometimes they manually disable it.
happy motoring
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 8:43am On Jun 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

see, I told u. it's not bad at all for a v6, 20 city, 21 highway. quite efficient if u ask me. some v6 do city 18.
go for it if all the necessary checks r in place. also check the cel on the dash.
cel means check engine light, or any other malfunction light. also don't forget to scan. sometimes they manually disable it.
happy motoring

Thanks bro. How do one scan?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2017
bolafma:

where exactly are u?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:59am On Jun 15, 2017
bolafma:

where exactly are u?
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 9:08am On Jun 15, 2017
obekediamondfuto:

where exactly are u?

The car is in ibadan.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by bolafma: 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Thanks all
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by Danfuster(m): 2:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
tooth4tooth:

@1StopRudeness

it's not always about speed bro... it's more about Agility and Delivery
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by tooth4tooth: 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2017
Danfuster:
@1StopRudeness

it's not always about speed bro... it's more about Agility and Delivery

Agility and Delivery of a car still boils down to speed even @1StopRudeness himself confirmed my earlier statement. I love speed too so when we smell ourselves, we know ourselves grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1StopRudeness:
Yes oooo my oga...whats the essence of having a teeth that won't bite...
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by webmaster3: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2017
My first V6 car (Toyota Camry SE) made me know that i have been suffering using boring/slow 4 cylinder engine.
Ever since then i have always sourced for a V6engine car whenever am changing my car and am yet to have a bad experience using V6 engine.
Re: Please What Is Wrong With V6 Engine? by xtivin(m): 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2017
I advice you don't get a v6 engine for now, go for an I4 engine corolla with manual transmission. I see many people talk about speed, sometimes it's all about technique not speed. Driver matters.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap Honda Accord Baby Boy 1998 For Sale At #320000 / SOLD SOLD 2006 Lexus Rx330 (in Benin City). Clean Title: (Vin Attached) / 2007 Pontiac Vibe For 1,650,000 Price fixed At Ilupeju Lagos Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.