Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,720 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer (355 Views)

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study / Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Wants To Be A Lawyer, How her life has changed now / Adenike Oyetunde Who Lost Her Limbs To Cancer At 20 Becomes A Lawyer & OAP(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer by tankoy: 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2017
Please Nairalanders I have a case in the court that requires a good lawyer to handle but don't know how to go about getting a good lawyer. Please I want to know the guidelines for getting one who will stand the test of time. It's a leave case.
Re: Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer by Illuminatus(m): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2017
You don't know good lawyers by looking at them. I know people like to see lawyers that are dressed fashionably, but lawyers don't always treat your case the way they treat their bodies.

I would suggest that you ask around, and get recommendations. Ask these people why they like the lawyers they recommend.

Then visit lawyers in their offices and gauge how they receive you. Do they make you feel comfortable? Do they sound knowledgable? Typically, they should talk to you about preliminaries in your first meeting, after which they will ask you to tell them what you want. At the end of this meeting, they will give you possible options and their possible outcomes.

Ultimately, the lawyer is there to advise you and follow your lead. A good lawyer should be able to empathise with you whilst maintaining objectivity.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer by Nobody: 7:06am On Jun 15, 2017
Illuminatus:
You don't know good lawyers by looking at them. I know people like to see lawyers that are dressed fashionably, but lawyers don't always treat your case the way they treat their bodies.

I would suggest that you ask around, and get recommendations. Ask these people why they like the lawyers they recommend.

Then visit lawyers in their offices and gauge how they receive you. Do they make you feel comfortable? Do they sound knowledgable? Typically, they should talk to you about preliminaries in your first meeting, after which they will ask you to tell them what you want. At the end of this meeting, they will give you possible options and their possible outcomes.

Ultimately, the lawyer is there to advise you and follow your lead. A good lawyer should be able to empathise with you whilst maintaining objectivity.

Good luck.
Re: Things To Consider Before Hiring A Lawyer by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 15, 2017
tankoy:
Please Nairalanders I have a case in the court that requires a good lawyer to handle but don't know how to go about getting a good lawyer. Please I want to know the guidelines for getting one who will stand the test of time. It's a leave case.

call me 07031644320

(1) (Reply)

700-302 Dumps - Here's What Cisco Certified Say About It / Addmission Without Jamb Form Now Available / David Tvildiani Medical Univ (georgia) Offers $500 Automatic Tuition Discount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.