Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study (17330 Views)

Best Medical Course To Study / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / What Is The Best Course To Study As A Science Student.? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by highfaculty(m): 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2019
HOW TO CHOOSE A COURSE THAT FITS YOU

You may have been thinking of how to choose a course that fits you or factors to consider when choosing a course of study, and in this article, we will try to explain how to make that choice.

However, this is a very complex question that if not properly answered could mar your career choice.

For some, choosing a university course is easy, because they have known for years what they want to be when they grow up.

Though, there are also some challenges explained in how to choose a course to study. 

Below are some tips that can help you narrow down your choices, to be able to come up with a course that best suits your education level and career goals.

Factors To Consider When Choosing A Course To Study

1. Course Content

Before selecting a course of your choice, research about the content in the course modules. The modules go into details about what the course entails.

2. Graduate Employment Rate

It is vital that you take a marketable course. There is nothing as frustrating as having to study for many years only to be an unemployed graduate statistic.

3.Your Interests

Choose a course based on what interests you; it will help you do well in your course and enjoy your career in the future. Many people go back to school, or change courses after semesters of study, simply because, the course is boring to them.

4.Your Aptitude

Choosing a college major also entails an assessment of your skills and talents.  You may know what you want, but do you know what you’re good at? Ideally, you should pursue a college course or choose a college major that allows you to explore both your interests and skills.

5. Your Commitment

Choosing a university course requires you to look inwards and assess your commitment to your chosen path.  Assuming that you have the issue of money and other practical considerations settled, do you actually possess the skills and the patience to go the distance?  Moreover, do you actually want to do?

6. Time

Courses are not the same, henceforth duration also differs in some instances. If you are willing to invest time in that course, then you can go for it.

7. Feedback

It is important to ask experienced person questions about university study. Some people prefer to go for career counselling, to be able to weigh their options well.

8. Your Academic Performance

There are some courses like engineering that requires a potential student to be good in certain subjects like mathematics and sciences. So before you get excited about the course, asses yourself to see if you can be able to perform well.

9. Finance

If you are self-sponsored, consider a course that will not have a financial burden on you. You do not want to be in a position where you cannot continue because of financial constraints.

10. Your Values

Do not choose a course that will force you to sell your soul. If you have a strong will against politics or religion, steer away from courses that will make you go beyond what you stand for.

source: https://highfaculty.com/factors-to-consider-when-choosing-a-course-to-study/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by abdulyaro66(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2019
This will help ...
Please trade with me embarassed cry

1 Like

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by qanda: 8:19am On Sep 14, 2019
When you eventually choose the right course, source study materials from Q and A App. You can earn some revenue and also help others by uploading study materials to the App.

Get Q and A App from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Authority1o1(m): 8:19am On Sep 14, 2019
Okay...

The afore-listed factors are the without doubt,part of the most important factors for course determination.Anyone who is aspiring to study any course is commended(or rather advised) to consider them.

But,in my humble opinion,the third factor should be placed above all.I would rather spend years seeking for admission to study my dream course than to dive into the school to study a course which I will never build my career on.

No.2 does not matter much because I have seen lawyers working with shevron and shells.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2019
Nice

I wrote on things to consider before choosing a Final Year Project topics.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 14, 2019
highfaculty:
HOW TO CHOOSE A COURSE THAT FITS YOU

You may have been thinking of how to choose a course that fits you or factors to consider when choosing a course of study, and in this article, we will try to explain how to make that choice.

However, this is a very complex question that if not properly answered could mar your career choice.

For some, choosing a university course is easy, because they have known for years what they want to be when they grow up.

Though, there are also some challenges explained in how to choose a course to study. 

Below are some tips that can help you narrow down your choices, to be able to come up with a course that best suits your education level and career goals.

Factors To Consider When Choosing A Course To Study

1. Course Content

Before selecting a course of your choice, research about the content in the course modules. The modules go into details about what the course entails.

2. Graduate Employment Rate

It is vital that you take a marketable course. There is nothing as frustrating as having to study for many years only to be an unemployed graduate statistic.

3.Your Interests

Choose a course based on what interests you; it will help you do well in your course and enjoy your career in the future. Many people go back to school, or change courses after semesters of study, simply because, the course is boring to them.

4.Your Aptitude

Choosing a college major also entails an assessment of your skills and talents.  You may know what you want, but do you know what you’re good at? Ideally, you should pursue a college course or choose a college major that allows you to explore both your interests and skills.

5. Your Commitment

Choosing a university course requires you to look inwards and assess your commitment to your chosen path.  Assuming that you have the issue of money and other practical considerations settled, do you actually possess the skills and the patience to go the distance?  Moreover, do you actually want to do?

6. Time

Courses are not the same, henceforth duration also differs in some instances. If you are willing to invest time in that course, then you can go for it.

7. Feedback

It is important to ask experienced person questions about university study. Some people prefer to go for career counselling, to be able to weigh their options well.

8. Your Academic Performance

There are some courses like engineering that requires a potential student to be good in certain subjects like mathematics and sciences. So before you get excited about the course, asses yourself to see if you can be able to perform well.

9. Finance

If you are self-sponsored, consider a course that will not have a financial burden on you. You do not want to be in a position where you cannot continue because of financial constraints.

10. Your Values

Do not choose a course that will force you to sell your soul. If you have a strong will against politics or religion, steer away from courses that will make you go beyond what you stand for.

source: https://highfaculty.com/factors-to-consider-when-choosing-a-course-to-study/

12. Buhari

2 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Bishop1monte(m): 8:20am On Sep 14, 2019
Na lié , go to the university and do any course and then go to the labour market to sell wears on WhatsApp

12 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 14, 2019
Tt
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by ednut1(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2019
Welcome to nigeria where you go apply for law they give you one yeye education course

3 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by money121(m): 8:21am On Sep 14, 2019
Noted
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by MadCow1: 8:22am On Sep 14, 2019
The only thing to consider is if you have money to finish school.

Everything else after that na connection. Bolaji wey read Animal Husbandry now na manager for Mobil.

10 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Heylius(m): 8:22am On Sep 14, 2019
I no go again biko..
The one i go since i dey jobless reach today .
Sch for 9ja na waste of time
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Tflex01: 8:27am On Sep 14, 2019
Check the employment rate of that course, study what interest you in case you don't land a good job on time.

Students in sciences should consider courses like pharmacy, medicine, nursing strongly if the interest is there.

My personal opinion and advice.

3 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Johnnyakins: 8:28am On Sep 14, 2019
Good
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Opexzy: 8:31am On Sep 14, 2019
Okay... You are on point OP... Just that Nigeria is an hostile environment for some courses to thrive...
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 14, 2019
Jewessgratitude:

12. Buhari
13 APCheat
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by IMASTEX: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2019
One and only thing. Consider your uncle's connection or the amount in your account to buy the job after schooling

1 Like

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Miracle4Sure: 8:34am On Sep 14, 2019
Hmm
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by peace0813(f): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2019
Heylius:
I no go again biko..
The one i go since i dey jobless reach today .
Sch for 9ja na waste of time

No be only job alone dey make person go school o.
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Designer123: 8:40am On Sep 14, 2019
I am currently in 400L in a social science course. I'm thinking of going to Germany or Italy after my degree to study Computer science from 100L. Please i need advice.
Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by felixmuyiwa: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2019
If you don't study

Medicine, Nursing, MLS,
Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, and Computer Engineering.
Marketing,
law

Other courses is a scam in this country,

Education is a scam in this country

In fact, this country is a scam

1 Like

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Grandlord: 8:42am On Sep 14, 2019
Also, your personality.

If you don't like people and you're an introvert, don't choose courses that will get you to interact or deal with people.

For instance, don't choose law, medicine, public health, mass communication etc. Go for accounting, statistics or computer science.

Wish I knew this stuff ten years ago.

3 Likes

Re: What You Must Consider Before You Choose A Course To Study by Aguemma(m): 8:42am On Sep 14, 2019
The course u study doesn't matter in Nigeria. After all, the current V. C of UNN is a graduate of "Soil Science ".

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Expels 13 Students For Misconducts / FG Approves N400 Million Bailout For Nigerian Students Abroad / Teachers Registration Council Says Unqualified Teachers To Go In December

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.