Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,063 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Joshua To Visit Nigeria In August - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Joshua To Visit Nigeria In August (328 Views)

Anthony Joshua To Present Belts To Buhari / Timothy Moten Quit His Job For Anthony Joshua To Defeat Andy Ruiz Jnr / ‘Ewure Oshi’ - Anthony Joshua To Iphone 8 Owners ‘asking Him For Favors’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Joshua To Visit Nigeria In August by nurex01(m): 1:27am On Jun 15, 2017
Adelani Adepegba, Abuja

World boxing heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua, is set to visit Nigeria on a three-day tour in August.

According to the organisers of the visit Peel Aston Global, the British-born Nigerian pugilist will pay courtesy calls on Acting President Yemi Osinbajo in Abuja and the governors of Lagos and Ogun states.

The director of the outfit Khomeini Bukhari said Joshua, who defeated Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in 11 rounds at Wembley Stadium in April to unify the IBF, WBA and IBO titles, would also visit some royal fathers including the Ooni of Ife, Awujale of Ijebu and Oba of Lagos.

Bukhari in a statement on Wednesday stated that arrangements had been concluded for the boxing champion’s homecoming.

He explained that the 27-year-old would attend a charity boxing match tagged Inspire Nigeria 2017 at the Eko Hotel in Lagos and the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja where he would take questions from the audience.

According to him, Inspire Nigeria 2017 is a platform for Joshua to encourage Nigerian youths to enable them to realise their dreams.

He said, “This event is part of his (Joshua’s) Social Corporate Responsibility and duty to give back to Nigeria.

“Part of the tour will be to visit the Presidency, some governors as well as royal fathers.

“I have secured the endorsement and support of some notable people in Nigeria and I’m very positive that this event will be by far the biggest event in Nigeria in a very long time.”

The businessman stated that Joshua had made Nigeria proud, describing him as a role model, hope for the youths, and a fine example of a good sportsman.

“We are working very hard on his trip as he is the best sports personality right now as far as I am concerned and he deserves the best homecoming,” Bukhari added.

Meanwhile, Joshua has called for Tyson Fury to regain his fitness so they can arrange a fight that “the public want to see”, according to Skysports.

Fury responded to Joshua’s call-out on Tuesday with a social media post that claimed, “I really don’t believe AJ can lace my boots up.”

He said, “I don’t think Tyson can lace his own boots at the minute! When Tyson is fit, when he’s ready, we’ll be ready.”

http://punchng.com/joshua-to-visit-nigeria-in-august/

Re: Joshua To Visit Nigeria In August by Tolexander: 3:29am On Jun 15, 2017
The director of the outfit Khomeini Bukhari said Joshua, who defeated Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko in 11 rounds at Wembley Stadium in April to unify the IBF, WBA and IBO titles, would also visit some royal fathers including the Ooni of Ife, Awujale of Ijebu and Oba of Lagos.
Anthony Joshua is a tribalist!

What has happened to the federal character?
Is he not told we apply federal character base on quota system in everything?

Even nairaland applies federal character in the number of tribe related contents moved to its homepage daily.

(1) (Reply)

Man U Signs Lindelof. / Maradona Wishes Ronaldo Was Argentine / World Champion Jighere, 7 Others Qualify For World Scrabble Championship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.