Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,645 members, 7,958,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:06 AM

How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset (26197 Views)

What Good Phone Supports Spectranet 2300mhz 4G Band? / How To Know If Your Phone Supports Android nougat / How To Know If Your 4G LTE Phone Supports Any Of The Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by ejihand(m): 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
Gionee m5. Does it support VR?

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Josh44s(m): 9:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
bravesoul247:
All those VR headsets use the smartphone as a display device. But, it is worth to note that you cannot use all the devices in that VR display. Your smartphone must support the Virtual Reality thing in order to use as a display in those VR headsets.
If you are planning to buy a virtual reality headset or VR Headset that uses a smartphone as a display, it is worth to check if you have a virtual reality compatible phone. In this post, we are adding few ways to check if your phone supports Virtual Reality headset.

*Requirements

Before you check VR compatible smartphone, you should know the basic requirements for a phone to support virtual reality headset. The phone should have Gyroscope sensor for any VR apps to work in it. The Gyroscope is a sensor that provides orientation information with greater precision. Other important things are Magnetic Field Sensor and Internal Compass. The Magnetic field sensor is capable of sensing the magnetic field of the earth ( by using Halls effect) and helps in determining the Direction. Using the navigation app with magnetic Compass turned on, the navigation will be more precise.

*Main components of the phone to support VR headset:

Gyroscope
Magnetic Field Sensor
Internal Compass (recommended)
NFC (optional)

*How to check if your phone supports Virtual Reality headset

These are few ways to check if your phone supports virtual reality.
1. Freefly VR
Freefly VR is a website which has compiled the list of smartphones which are compatible with VR headsets. You can check this website to see if your smartphone is listed there. In case, your smartphone is not listed, you can still have a chance. So, try the next way.

2. Google Cardboard or other apps to check
Open Play Store and search for ‘Cardboard’ app by Google
. This app comes with a demo of VR. If your phone is compatible this app, your phone will support virtual reality headset. To be surer, you can also test with other third-party apps like SensorBox, EZE VR and VR Checker.
Apps Download Links:
Download SensorBox from Google Play
Download EZE VR from Google Play
Download VR checker from Google Play
With these two methods, you can easily check if your phone supports VR headsets.
Another good way to check is the ability to play 360-degree videos. If your phone supports 360-degree videos on YouTube and Facebook, your phone will also support virtual reality headsets.

Can it work with my iPhone 7?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by grafitti(m): 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
@bravesoul24

Where can one purchase d vr headset in Lagos?
Thanks
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by tolexy123: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Can it work on my iPhone 9s
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by 0b100100111: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
Very informative topic!

Now I know why Christiano Ronaldo doesn't score when ever am viewing a match from my phone.

I would have to get a supported phone that will always make him score

Nice one OP!
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by darsmarth(m): 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
Wow.
Just watched dying light...on this hot 4..360° video tho on YouTube...kinda cool..no lies cool cool
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Naijaarchive(m): 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Can it work on Huawei Ascend P6? undecided
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by DjAndroid: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Tecno and Infinix fanboys make una see the listook

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by DjAndroid: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2017
eleojo23:
Watching videos on VR headset can make one dizzy sha
dem dey use am watch video?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by darsmarth(m): 9:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
Cool..hot 4 lite..supports. Ma order for one

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by darsmarth(m): 9:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
Naijaarchive:
Can it work on Huawei Ascend P6? undecided
try watching a 360° video on YouTube.. Turn ur phone around to know if it supports.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by DjAndroid: 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
With virtual reality ish, I just found out that tecno and Infinix are not recognized outside Africa.

1 Like

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Kfed4ril(m): 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2017
bravesoul247:
yes! It will work. Just follow the directives I gave.

What about 5s?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by MyMouth(m): 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
Canon C9 nko?
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2017
What of augmented reality
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Toks2008(m): 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2017
MizMyColi:
I first experienced VR tech on a device called VSUN.
It was a scary thing for me.
Honestly, I hate virtual realities.
So when I saw that VR is also enabled on my Camon CX via google services, I didn't bother setting up.
Those that like it can do it if it's enabled on their device, but for yours truly?
It's a No No!

Very soon everyone will live in virtual reality as in exist there while they just sit at home. VERY SOON.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by eleojo23: 10:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
DjAndroid:
dem dey use am watch video?
Yeah..3D videos
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by elfico(m): 10:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
eleojo23:
Watching videos on VR headset can make one dizzy sha
true. but sometimes its as a result of poor configuration. for Google cardboard, you can reconfigure it to suit your eyes.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by elfico(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
If you don't have gyroscope on your device, there is an xposed module that simulates gyroscope using both magnetic and compass sensors. it works well on some phones and not so well on others
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by dadasupremacy(m): 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
We that we never get money to upgrade.is my s4 compartible
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by wintersnow(m): 11:26pm On Jun 16, 2017
Just finish watching conjuring 2 on my vr headset.... Mehn the shit is so real... You'll feel ya self inside the building
Fear wan kill me here
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by xxxtedyxxx(m): 11:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
MizMyColi:
I first experienced VR tech on a device called VSUN.
It was a scary thing for me.
Honestly, I hate virtual realities.
So when I saw that VR is also enabled on my Camon CX via google services, I didn't bother setting up.
Those that like it can do it if it's enabled on their device, but for yours truly?
It's a No No!

tecno marketer...we don hear.

all these nonsense lies because you wan advertise tecno

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 16, 2017
but all these technologies make some reason like how is this possible to create this crazy stuffs....and u say oyinbo no get jazz

2 Likes

Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2017
xxxtedyxxx:

tecno marketer...we don hear.
all these nonsense lies because you wan advertise tecno
go and sitdown anything same way u people said OTG can never work on Tecno...
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:27am On Jun 17, 2017
Kfed4ril:

What about 5s?
I believe it can. Just follow the directives i gave or check if it has all the things I stated. I'll release another thread on VR enabled devices.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:28am On Jun 17, 2017
Josh44s:

Can it work with my iPhone 7?
yes. I'm sure it will work on it.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:30am On Jun 17, 2017
ppkoko:
What is vr
virtual reality. It's for virtual gaming whereby by you where the headset and it will seem like you're actually inside a game.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:31am On Jun 17, 2017
ejihand:
Gionee m5. Does it support VR?
I'm sure it should. Check if it has the requirements I stated
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:34am On Jun 17, 2017
0b100100111:
Very informative topic!

Now I know why Christiano Ronaldo doesn't score when ever am viewing a match from my phone.

I would have to get a supported phone that will always make him score

Nice one OP!
You're welcome bro. The device I'm very sure that can support it is Tecno Camon CX. I use it.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by bravesoul247(m): 12:35am On Jun 17, 2017
darsmarth:
Cool..hot 4 lite..supports. Ma order for one
Tecno Camon CX too supports it without stress. I use it so I can vouch for it.
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by 0b100100111: 12:38am On Jun 17, 2017
bravesoul247:
You're welcome bro. The device I'm very sure that can support it is Tecno Camon CX. I use it.

Correct!

Next season champions league is settled! I will watch on the match on that phone
Re: How To Check If Your Phone Supports Virtual Reality Headset by loobby(m): 12:41am On Jun 17, 2017
Wot of hot 4 pro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

*** Glo Launches First 4G-LTE Network In Nigeria! *** / Glo! Glo! Call Me Back. / Cosmic Ray: Did You Switch-Off Your Phone Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.