Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean (2855 Views)

Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / The Reason Qassem Soleimani Was In Baghdad Shows How Complex The Iran Crisis Is / Photos Shows Ongoing Upgrade And Renovation In The White House. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2017
New York City has developed a special way to get rid of broken-down, retired subway cars.

http://www.viralforest.com/subway-cars-dumped-coral-reef/

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by divinehand2003(m): 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Interesting!!!

Don't they know that Africans, most especially the vulcalnizers, panel beaters, sprayers and spare-part Dealers in Nigeria, need these broken down subway cars?

Why throw away these black diamonds into the ocean?

3 Likes

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 11:55am On Jun 15, 2017
Custom barges are loaded high with subway cars and carried out to the cold icy depths in the middle of the ocean.

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 11:56am On Jun 15, 2017
They use construction equipment to push the subway cars over the edge, splashing into the water.

The cars go over the edge one by one.

It may seem like a wasteful act of reckless pollution, but there is a deeper purpose behind this odd method of disposal.

1 Share

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by sybarite7(m): 11:59am On Jun 15, 2017
DEM GO SOON GO BRING AM OUT FROM WATER,SPRAY AM,THEN IMPORT AM COM NAIJA
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Ehiscotch(m): 12:01pm On Jun 15, 2017
udonmeanit. shocked
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
Over time, every surface will be covered in life, creating an artificial coral reef system.

Every metal pipe, edge, ridge, and corner provides surface area for coral ecosystem.

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
Here’s what it looks like after 5 years.

2 Likes

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 12:04pm On Jun 15, 2017
10years.

3 Likes

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Homeboiy: 12:06pm On Jun 15, 2017
Aboki mai scrab need am o

2 Likes

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by kiddoiLL(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
after seeing the 10 years pictures, i came up with nothing but "bloody genius"

2 Likes

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by dfrost: 12:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Following...
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by dfrost: 12:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
kiddoiLL:

You can say that again.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Kakamorufu(m): 1:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
genius. gbam
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Origin(f): 1:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
This is pollution. There are enough reefs without creating artificial ones.

If its Africa everyone would be sure that was pollution.

Don't believe every colored picture you see. The titanic has been under cold water for years and there are no colorful reefs.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by samuel19222(m): 1:51pm On Jun 15, 2017
Ok
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Escalze(m): 1:56pm On Jun 15, 2017
Interesting
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by TheShopKeeper(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2017
We need the train parts in Nigeria...for recycling
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by MOSTEC(m): 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
am sure our developer can develop sometin out of dis .......

1 Like

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by sorextee(m): 2:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
something they shld have shipped to ghana.. undecided undecided
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Gosj01(m): 3:09pm On Jun 15, 2017
Following
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 5:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
Origin:
This is pollution. There are enough reefs without creating artificial ones.

If its Africa everyone would be sure that was pollution.

Don't believe every colored picture you see. The titanic has been under cold water for years and there are no colorful reefs.

Well, i wont say that's pollution.

It's artificial or man-made reef.

There are 100s of ship, vessel, tanks vehicles, containers, cranes, heavy equipments that were intentionally taken to the bottom of the ocean for this purpose.

Before sinking the ship, they remove every substance that can be harmful or pollute the ocean.

About not believing every coloured picture you see, you are right.

But have you seen 'Life in the deep'?(Documentary).

There are live documentaries capturing what it really look like deep down there.

There is also a documentary on this;

Inside British World War II Merchant ship that sank completely with Tanks, motorcycles, jeeps and trucks.

Has now turned to reef.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Iamsheye(m): 5:36pm On Jun 15, 2017
when would my country take a big step forward ehn
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by k199192: 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
Explorers:
Here’s what it looks like after 5 years.
Mr Explorers I greet you. I think you have shared this expository before. Or maybe I read it somewhere else. I think its fron you though.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by seunny4lif(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
Make dem carry give Nigeria people now
Make we panelbeat the train well
Just wasting of money

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 7:26pm On Jun 15, 2017
k199192:
Mr Explorers I greet you. I think you have shared this expository before. Or maybe I read it somewhere else. I think its fron you though.

At all.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Gofwane(m): 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
Mr Explorers, what is a coral reef ecosystem?
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Origin(f): 11:51pm On Jun 16, 2017
Explorers:

There are 100s of ship, vessel, tanks vehicles, containers, cranes, heavy equipments that were intentionally taken to the bottom of the ocean for this purpose.

Before sinking the ship, they remove every substance that can be harmful or pollute the ocean.

There are live documentaries capturing what it really look like deep down there.

Inside British World War II Merchant ship that sank completely with Tanks, motorcycles, jeeps and trucks.

Has now turned to reef.

I stand corrected. Please let Nigeria go ahead and dump all the ships that are no longer usable into ocean.

In fact let the whole world do the same so we can save the world.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Explorers(m): 4:57am On Jun 17, 2017
Gofwane:
Mr Explorers, what is a coral reef ecosystem?

Read more here

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_reef?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4827274117

1 Like

Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by sheffyUTD(m): 6:25am On Jun 17, 2017
Explorers:

Has now turned to reef.

Lol @ removing harmful substance, this is pure fantasy. The metal component itself is a pollutant. @Origin first comment was very apt; you don't need to alter natural setting to create artificial reef, what for. There quite numbers of them.

The whole thing is a system, once you alter it somewhere, it creates upset somewhere else. They do know and have alternatives to get rid of these stuffs but they chose cheaper option.

This is terrifying to be honest because since they have started with this lame basis, they would continue. The generations next would sure have a lot contend with; from space shuttle junk to deep ocean metal scrap.

These are the people selling Recycling and Reuse to us.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by ajalawole(m): 9:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
kiddoiLL:
i agree with u. But 9ja no get sense.
Re: Stunning Photos Shows How Newyork Subway Cars Are Being Disposed Into The Ocean by Krystalzkris(f): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2017
this is not nice.... what happens when the ocean can no longer accommodate these metals

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Africa Are Poisoning The Blood Of America- Donald Trump / Do You Get Insulted By The Phrase "deepest, Darkest Heart Of Africa"? / Why Do People Keep Making This silly Mistake?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.