Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Trinity, Trousers And Resurrection - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Trinity, Trousers And Resurrection (411 Views)

Gold Blood: The Resurrection / One Shirt, One Trousers - A Short Story By Iniobong Leroi Umoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Trinity, Trousers And Resurrection by mute4real: 11:53am On Jun 15, 2017
Trinity, Trousers and Resurrection.

It was a few minutes past six in the morning when I got a message. I was thinking the person had something really important he wanted to ask. Like details on how he can register for my class or how he can order for my eBooks. I always like it when alerts start coming in early in the morning.

After the exchange of pleasantries I asked the guy if there was anything I could do for him. That was when I got the shocker of my life.

"Sir, please I have been doing a study on TRINITY and I have not come to my satisfaction with all the answers I have got so far. Can you help me throw some light on it?"

I received that message at 6:51am.

Long and short of my reply was that I referred him to his pastor. I believe he is being paid to explain concepts like that.

What I could not fathom was what value the knowledge of trinity was going to add to his life?

Establishing that The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit are one and the same person or that they are actually separate beings, what value does that really add besides what the bible refers to as "knowledge that puffs up"?

Why do we expend a lot of time and energy on issues that have little or no value? Is it not better to learn how to walk in love than trying to establish if wearing of trousers by a lady is a sin?

Is it not better to learn how to walk in love than debating whether Jesus actually died on Friday and resurrected on Sunday?

By the time you end up winning the argument what else? How has that affected the price of foodstuff in the market? If anything does not add value to you don't waste your time on it.

Pay attention to things that deserve your attention. Focus on things that add value.

For more of my articles you can visit my Facebook page, www.facebook.com/schoolforpersonalleadership

READ. COMMENT

Regards,
Mute Efe
Facilitator, School for Personal Leadership.

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Life / A Love Of A Mother / Where You Get Authors' Royalty For Your Books/stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.