Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Gold Blood: The Resurrection - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Gold Blood: The Resurrection (6577 Views)

BLOOD LEGACY - Action Thriller / Blood Money - A True Story Of Money Rituals.... / BLOOD LIVES HERE - An Action Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 10:35am On Aug 15, 2018
This is a better and more African version of a book I wrote last month.
Criticism is allowed but convey your suggestions in a mild and appropriate manner.
This book should not be copied under any circumstance without my authorization. Thank you
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:02pm On Aug 15, 2018
Chapter 1

Sweat drips down Emma's face as she races up the last steps on the staircase of Port Harcourt's biggest high school, RiverSide High School. Her black afro coils falls loosely on her black skin. She rushes past the few people she sees at the school hall and goes to the announcement board, she scans the list of awarded scholarships with anxiety. She turns to look at the mixture of worried, anxious, happy and miserable faces walking the hall. She concentrates on the list one more time and searches fervently until she gets to the 9th and last name, Emmanuella.O.Green. Her heart skips a bit as she jumps up, dancing out the hall, down the staircase and into a cab.
She wears a sad face as she opens the door to her home. She walks over to where her mom is seating, she drops hard on the couch and groans.

"Em honey, what's wrong", Miss Green asks. Emma sighs and stands up. "I got the scholarship, I begin school tomorrow", Emma says hurriedly in a squeaky voice.

"Good job", Miss Green compliments. "You were always the smart one", she whispers.

Cold water rains on Emma's dream as she shivers and opens her eyes to see her mom laughing with tears in her eyes. She blinks repeatedly before realizing her mom poured a bucket of cold water on her, then the cold creeps in. She opens her mouth in shock then closes it.

"Are you going to keep opening and closing your mouth like a fish or are you gonna get ready for school?".

"OMG, mom. What's the time? ".

"7", Miss Green replies.

"7! Seriously! And your just waking me now! ".

"Am I supposed to be your alarm? Now hurry up and get ready!".
"Every moment of yours in this world should be accounted for, we never know when we'll run out of time".

Emma's nods as as she listens to her mother's words of wisdom in silence.
Her mom realizes the silence that came with her words. She lets out a humourless laugh her pearly whites in full view.

"In case you didn't realize I poured a bucket of water on you", Miss Green says to lighten the mood.

"Yh, mom. I didn't realize!", Emma gets out of bed.

"How ironic!", she screams. She hears her mom's laughter as she walks into the bathroom.

1 Like

Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 12:20am On Aug 16, 2018
Emma's POV

DON'T FREAK OUT, YOU CAN DO THIS. I MEAN YOUR ONLY GOING TO THE SCHOOL THAT THE GOVERNOR'S SON IS ATTENDING. COME ON EM! GIRL POWER!
WELL THAT'S MY BRAIN TALKING, MY HEART IS PLAYING THE LOUDEST BEATS AND IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE BUT I'M SO CLOSE TO CRYING RIGHT NOW.
"Everyone get to the hall", the speaker blares. "Now!! ". I adjust my black high waist pleated skirt and my blue shirt then I take in a deep breath and release it before entering the very, very, very large hall .OK, BRAIN OVERDRIVE AGAIN. I take in another deep breath and seat at the back. "Welcome back old students and new one's too. Hope you all had fun and rested well in your break? ", Principal Frank questions. "Yes", the students chorus. "I'm happy to hear that because you are back to a term of hard work and focus is also required. The owner and founder of RiverSide High School is willingly and happy to recommend the best students from this term to colleges and universities abroad. So you all have to up your game! And various colleges abroad are also going to be handing out scholarships". I zoned out and stared at the many students of RVSHS. They do invest a lot on style, we have about 10 or more outfits for school.
"Babe! Wake up! You've being sleeping from the beginning of assembly", a girl with black braids whispers into my ear. "Oh! Thanks so much for waking me up", I say and study her appearance. She's wearing a black high waist pleated skirt, a white polo with RVSHS, a red cardigan and diamond studded earring. "Why you looking at me like I've gat crumbs on my cheeks?", the girl asks. "Sorry. I'm Emmanuella but you can call me Emma". "I'm Jenifer". "Cool, can I call you Jenny? ". "Sure, whatever works", she replies with a shrug.
YOU HAVE FOUND YOUR SISTER, A FRIEND FOR LIFE, ANOTHER LIKE YOU. YOU ARE BOTH DIFFERENT, BORN TO PROTECT, YOU POSSESS THE GOLDEN BLOOD.
I DUNNO IF JENNY HEARD THAT VOICE IN HER HEAD TOO CAUSE IT'S FREAKING ME OUT.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 12:32am On Aug 16, 2018
I know this is just the beginning of the book but I'll still like to hear your comments to know if I'm doing a good job with the story. And this is just the beginning, do not judge the book by it's beginning.
I'll really love to hear from you guys.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2018
Jenny's POV

I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS GIRL IS OR WHAT THAT VOICE IS BUT I DON'T LIKE WHERE THIS IS GOING. CAUSE IS FREAKING ME OUT... BIG TIME.
"Jenny, I know we just met and this is pretty weird but did you happen to hear a voice... in your head?", Emma inquires. THIS GIRL IS NOT ONLY MESSING WITH MY HEAD, SHE'S CRAZY!!! AND I HAVE TO SORT THIS OUT QUICKLY AND STAY AWAY FROM HER . "Yh... Duh... Can't you hear Principal Frank yelling. It is ringing in the depths of my head, I think those speakers are gonna explode with the force he's using", I snicker. CORRECTION! I FAKE SNICKER. "No, not that... like a voice in your head talking about us", she demonstrates with both her hands. "Ok, your crazy so stay away from me", I half yell.
HAHAHA, YOU FOOLS. CAN YOU NOT FEEL THE CONNECTION BETWEEN YOU TWO? WHAT AM I SAYING YOU CANNOT EVEN HANDLE THE VOICE OF YOUR OTHUABA, the voice comes in again.
I look at Emma and we both scream. We run out of the hall, screaming and Emma bumps into someone at the entrance, she mutters a quick sorry and we continue running. We end up in the school field, we stop to catch our breath. "Am crazy, right?", Emma asks with a hint of sarcasm. "Yh, yh, I know. I heard the voice but I thought you were playing some mind games on me", I reply, honestly.
"Are you girls, okay?". We were taken off guard and we screamed before we turn to see Principal Frank and probably the whole school. "Yeah", Emma replies and I give a ok sign. "Why did you run out the hall?", Principal Franks questions us. "We thought we saw.. ", I begin then I look at Emma for a more logical answer because my brain is preoccupied right now. "A snake", Emma rushes in. "I have a thing for snakes, they really terrify me", she whines and the students murmur. "This school is definitely snake free", Principal Frank assures us. "It was probably an illusion. Don't be scared". "Oh, yeah. We late for class", Emma lies. "Ciao", I say and we run off.
We go to the ladies and freshen up."Yo! Ota.. la.. or whatever you are what do you want from us?". "What are you trying to do? Get us killed?", Emma frowns and twists the door knob then she pulls at it. "Jenny! The door ain't opening, help me". I place my hand on top Emma's own to help her twist the knob and the world just stopped. HOW DID I KNOW? I STOPPED HEARING THE VOICES FROM THE HALLWAY. I quickly withdraw my hand and Emma does the same. The cold begins to creep in as a grey shimmery smoke appears and a girl of our age walks out if it, she's wearing our school's uniform: white flare skirt and the white polo with RVSHS on it and a white canvas. She's fair-skinned, has blond hair and the sparkliest (I DON'T KNOW IF THAT'S A WORD BUT WHATEVER)grey eyes. "I'm your Othuaba", she says. Emma touches my arm and points at the girl's eyes, it's shifting colours. Then her appearance starts shifting too, she turns into a old man in a white wrapper with another slung in his shoulder, he's brown eyed. Then he changes into a kinda black smoky floating thingy with magenta eyes. "What are you?", Emma asks as we both quiver in fear. "I am a Variation".
THIS THING OR WHATEVER IT IS, IS NO LONGER A HE OR A SHE. IT'S AN IT, A SCARY IT.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:50am On Sep 05, 2018
I'm sorry but I lost the book I had the story in so I'm working up a continuation in my mind
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:51am On Sep 05, 2018
I'm sorry but I lost the book I had the story in so I'm working up a continuation in my mind. Please bear with me.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by ashatoda: 7:03am On Sep 05, 2018
ah ah why now please come and continue
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
Chapter 2
Emma's POV

I TRY TO CALM MY MIND AT THE THOUGHTS OF DYING. I'M REALLY SCARED AND JENNY IS KINDA IN A SORT OF TRANCE. WHAT DO I DO? I QUESTION MYSELF. I MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH JENNY UNTIL SHE FINALLY SNAPS OUT OF HER TRANCE AND LOOKS AT ME. THEN WE THINK, WHICH ALSO LEADS TO SOMETHING ELSE, SOMETHING DIFFERENT. A MENTAL CONNECTION. I CAN FEEL EVERY FEAR IN JENNY'S MIND, I CAN FEEL HER SAYING HER MANTRA IN HER HEAD, I CAN ALSO FEEL HER BRAINSTORMING IDEAS TO GET US OUT OF THIS, I CAN ALSO FEEL HER IN MY OWN HEAD.
SHE TURNS AND STARES AT ME WITH WIDE EYES. "Emma what's happening?!", she exclaims in my head. "I don't know", I send back. "Wait, he I mean IT did say we are connected". "So your gonna start believing everything the dickhead ghost says because of this", she sends. "Maybe, maybe we should just listen for a while". "Well, that's our only option", she surrenders.
"We'll listen", we both say as we sit on the white tiled ground. The black smoke begins to dissolve until it shifts into a woman in her late twenties, she's wearing a white sundress, black skinned, oval face with long thick dreads. She sits opposite us and clears her throat. "I am your Othuaba, right from birth. Othuaba means guider in the fifth realm, where I come from. You are sisters, separated at birth because of the intensity of your powers. About your mother, I'm sorry but she died as soon as you both escaped her womb, your magic fed on her so it killed her". She stops and waves her hand, a floating water appears. It shows a hospital room where a woman pushes with all her strength, she sweats profusely and is biting down a napkin in her mouth. She screams one last time as the babies in her womb comes out the same time covered by an ethereal purple glow then her breathing falls and she dies. A man's lamenting can be heard in the background then he rushes in screaming and crying. He looks at the babies in the crib, both girls lay side by side with there right palm touching. It looked like it was glued together. An old woman with a hunched back enters, she consoles the man and leads him to the crib. He carry's the babies and rocks them for a while before placing them in the hunched back woman's hand. He looks at the babies longingly then the dead woman on the bed, he sighs and lets the tears roll down continuously before he takes a step back, turns and leaves. I and Jenny sobs as the floating water vanish. "This is not true, you are lying to us", I murmur in between tears. "I told you listening to this thing was gonna turn out bad, now it did. It's lying about our different parents to our face, sisters huh? All lies to get us to do what it wants. I bet it wants us for lunch and watching us breakdown is it's first step", Jenny drapes an arm around me as she tries to stop her own tears from falling. "Check your palm, your right palm", it says and fades into nothing. The noise begins in the hallway.
I clean my tears as I and Jenny place our right palms, side by side. IT LETS OUT A PURPLE GLOW, THEN A HALF MOON STARTS APPEARING ON BOTH PALMS, IT HAS A WRITING IN IT. A SMALL SCRIBBLED WRITING: HALF OF A WHOLE
BIRTH FOR A TASK
CHILDREN OF THE GODS
THE GOLDEN BLOOD.
TOGETHER THE HALF MOON ON BOTH OUR PALM FORM A FULL MOON. WE STARE AT EACH OTHER FOR A LONG WHILE. "I guess it wasn't lying", Jenny sends. "Yup", I reply.
We clean ourselves up, turn the doorknob and step into the hallway.
I GUESS IT ALL BEGINS NOW. I GUESS WE NOW BELIEVE EVERYTHING THE DICKHEAD GHOST TELLS US.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:56am On Sep 22, 2018
Jenny's POV

Next time I see that Othuaba or ghost or whatever, Imma make sure I give it a piece of mind. It gave us a weird piece of information and it's been out all week; no pop-ups to see how we're taking the news at least, all it does is say really weird things in our head, REALLY WEIRD THINGS. Like yesterday it said "THE WORLD ROTATES AROUND THE SUN BUT WILL IT STOP? ". What is that supposed to mean?!! And that weird moon design keeps forming into something, the moon is still there but it's making some bunch of spirals and floral patterns on our palms, it's like an invisible henna designer is working on it. "I think it stopped", Emma sends. "Yh". "It looks like henna...". "Black henna", I cut in. "But the moon is white like a silvery white shade", Emma continues.
"So what did your mom say about the design?", I ask out loud. "She says I should get it off", she replies. "Seriously?". She nods."I told her I can't get it off and she said it's just henna and it'll be easy to clean it off". "So what you gonna do?". "Plead, beg, puppy eyes, cry, anything as long as she stops insisting I clean it. I told her the school has no problem with it but she said she does and she's my mom so I have to listen to her". I nod as I listen but my mind is literally elsewhere, well it's on the design on my palm. "Wait, Emm! Look there's a kinda sceptre forming in the middle of the left palm ". "It's a wand", she corrects me. "Whatever, so what's it? ". "How I'm I supposed to know, I'm new to this too". She rubs the wand and her middle finger slides into her palm, it emanates a soft white light. "Ohmygod", she screams in shock. "Keep it down", I warn and drag her to the bathroom, in one of the cubicles. She tries to slide her finger in and it goes through so does her entire right palm, she brings it out with the wand in her hand. When she brings it out, it touches the moon design on her palm and her palm glows red. "Ouch", she drops the wand to the ground. The red glow on her palm dies showing the burnt mark around the moon. "Well, it doesn't hurt anymore", she bends and picks up the wand. It's made from a very distinct silver metal, it has a moon engraving were it burned her, it has other engravings too and a white stone perched right at the top.
"The engravings also match with the ones on our palms", Emma says. "Emma, the burns mark has disappeared", I point to her palm. "Yh", she turns her palm each and every way. "So... try it". I slide my fingers in and get out the wand, it also burns me and my burns also disappear. "So what happens now? ", Emma asks, rhetorically. "If only that Othuaba comes to explain things then we won't be cracking our brains, searching for answers", I angrily reply. Jenny swing her wand towards the toilet to test it out, her wand glows red and the WC sprays us with water. "Way to go, Emma. Our first lesson is how to dunk ourselves with cold toilet water",I say, sarcastically. "Sorry", she whispers.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 4:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
It's high time I get some comments on this work, I don't know if I should continue or change my writing style or something like that.
I'll really love to know what you think about the story so pretty please comment������
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2018
This one is for you ashatoda
Thank you for reading and please invite more people to join the ride.

It's already the second week of resumption and all the second week starters had started arriving.
Jenny ran into the school with speed as it was almost assembly.
"What do you do at home? You're always late", Emma complains.
"I know, I know, I'm sorry", Jenny mutters.
"So whatsup?", Jenny asks. "We're almost late for assembly, that's what", Emma replies.
"M, it's 7:27, we have like, like around... You do the math", Jenny says.
"37 minutes".
"You see we have time to talk and walk to the assembly hall", Jenny says.

They walk down the hallway as they stare at the rich kids, they pass the hot chicks, the populars, the cute nerds and the not too cute ones, the shy ones with extremely rich parents and the list continues.

"Who knew a Nigerian school can be so cool! This is amazing like connection everywhere all we have to do is get some stinking rich kids to like us as friends, crushes, girlfriend, whatever and boom we making it in life", Jenny says, excitedly.

"That's not how it works...". "Umm... I make it work the way I want it to", Jenny cuts into Emma's statement.
Emma sighs and continues to stare at the colourful arrays of uniforms in the hallway.

"I'm gonna make use of this opportunity I've gat and you can continue to dull but this is Nigeria and life is hard, you can either be the manipulator or the manipulatee and I plan to be the manipulator. Shine your eye for everything", Jenny adjusts her bag as she looks at Emma. "Abeg, you're are too good girly. The rule that stands in my heart is get used or be used".

"Jenny, I've heard na which time I turn to good girl", Emma sighs. "See! No full my ear, I just dey tell you say someone can't help when you can't help yourself".

"Fish like you, I'm telling you about life you dey rap mouth", Jenny jokes.

"Na you follow me come Nigeria?", Emma asks with a smile.
They look at each other and burst into laughter, they continue walking until they get to assembly.

"We should really stop pidgin before this school expel us because of it", Emma sends.

"We are Nigerians, it's our second language", Jenny sends back.

They go into assembly and take their seat at the back row after the assembly processes finish, they go to the parking lot as Emma forgot her bag in the school bus. They walk without staring at the driveway ahead of them. They jump when they hear the close hunk of a car, their reflexes kick in as they both raise their right hand with their palm facing the car. The car rises swiftly into the air and gravtitates their until they bring it down.
The driver of the car steps out with the other occupants of the car.

"Are you okay? ", one of the boys with his hair gelled to the side asks.

"Yh except for the fact that you almost ran your car over our bodies", Jenny snaps.

"We're sorry", the boy replies.

"You know what you gon do for me? Take that sorry of yours and eat it up", Jenny answers.

"Jenny, that's too much na we sef we're wrong", Emma pleads.

"Take your friend to the zoo where she belongs", the other boy with perfectly groomed dread spits. "Let's go, Mark".

Jenny eyes flare up a dark shade of crimson red as she aims to attack the boy but Emma holds her tightly.

"Your powers, Jenny! Control it!", Emma screams in Jenny's head.

"But he deserves whatever he's gonna get", Jenny sends.

"Jenny! Do you want the entire world to think of us as freaks?", Emma sends back. Jenny considers Emma's wordings as her eyes begin to turn back to brown.

"I don't fight girls so get lost", the boy says, as he touches his glasses and turns to leave.
The statement annoys Jenny as the anger comes back to her in full forces, she wrings away from Emma's grip and rushes after the boy. She holds his shoulder, turns him swiftly and hits him with the most aggressive punch on his shoulder with her right hand as her tatoo glows. She hears Emma screaming but all that mattered was her revenge.

She stares into his eyes deeply, this makes his body float, she flicks her hand and he shoots towards the school bus and lands squarely on the side. She walks towards him with uncontrollably speed and stands before him. She raises her hand to the air and he floats to her.
"Don't ever speak to me that way", she says and drops him to the ground. She tuns and starts walking away when the mist of anger clears in her eyes.

She turns to see a speech less Emma, then the other boy, Mark was running to his friend's side and the driver was cowering in front of the car.

"What have I done?", she sends to Emma. "Ruined us", Emma sends back. Jenny breaks into uncontrollably tears as she falls to the ground.

A bright white mist creeps up on all of them and their Othuaba appear, this time as a nine year old girl. She waves her hand and a bright big gold circle of symbols appears and she touches some symbol on the circle and says in a whisper-like voice, "Now go to sleep". Everything went blank for everyone.

Jenny, Emma, Mark and the other boy wakes up in the same time the school sickbay. Jenny rushes to the boy, raises his shirt and checks him for any injury but none was found.

"Hey! Who are you?", the boy barks and pushes her hand away. She runs out like a maniac and Emma follows behind as they enter one of the cubicles in the ladies.

"Othuaba, I need to speak with you right now!", Jenny sends out.

"Jenny what are you doing? You can only do that with me", Emma says.

"I have a feeling that it can be summoned through a mental connection so please help me, you saw what happened right? You remember", Jenny rushes her words. "But they don't remember".
They hold hands and sends out many mental messages to their Othuaba then it's very familiar mist appears in between their held hands. This time it appears with it's natural form.

"What did you do?", Jenny questions it.

"I made everything right again, they might have forgotten but it'll continue to come to them as illusions. I took care of the driver also, cleaned up the scene , I cleared the boy's injuries and had to tap into your spiritual essence to wake him from death but you made a grave mistake by killing him and your time to pay will soon arrive", their Othuaba explains.

"I'm ready to pay", Jenny says, meekly.

"You are negative, she is positive", it points to Jenny then Emma. "Your powers are triggered by negative forces like anger, sadness and hers by positive forces like happiness and joy. You must both learn to control it".

"How are we supposed to do that without your help?", Emma speaks up.

"I am your guider not your teacher. You are your teacher", It comments. "Now you Emma, you saw your sister losing it and you kept cool, you have the power to help her, same for her. Depend on each other", It begins to fade. "Remember no you without her and vice versa", It disappears.

"I have to do something about that guy, all my heart will never be at ease", Jenny says in between tears to Emma.

"We'll figure something out", Emma hugs her and leads her out of the cubicle. "I think I need to tell you something", Emma says.

"What?".

"The boy you harmed is the governor's son, Seun Bankowale. and the other is his cousin, Mark Alade the minister of finance son".

"What have I done?!", Jenny whispers.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 2:49pm On Oct 22, 2018
Chapter 3

Emma and Jenny are sitting with the rest of the students waiting for their math teacher for their joint-math class. Jenny settles for the desk as she continues to argue with a group of students about Davido and Chioma's breakup.

"They are still together.... I follow them like religion so I'm sure of it", a girl argues.

"They are no longer together, all the blogs have carry the news. They're not going out together again", Jenny says.

"Psst, psst", Emma sends.

"Ah, ah, I can hear you".

"Sorry, I got a lil nervous. Seun just walked in with Mark".

Jenny froze as she tries to compile her thoughts, she spun too quickly and she falls off the desk. Her knee scrapes the desk and produces a minor cut. She sighs and blows on the injury as blood begins to pour from it. She blows on it until the blood stops dripping and the wound closes up, she opens her slightly shut eyes and thanks her stars for her powers. When she stands up, Emma is by her side and most eyes are on her.

"I'm ok", she says, out loud and everyone continues with what they were doing before.

"Where's the injury?", Emma checks her for cuts or scrapes.

"I blew it off", she winks at Emma, Emma nods.

"What's he doing here?", a nervous Jenny asks.

"It's joint-math. He has to be here so does every other science or art student".

The math teacher, Mr Lawrence walks in and everyone takes their seat. Jenny sleeps through the entire math class, she wakes when the bell chimes.

"Great! Training time", Emma whispers to Jenny.

"Urghhh", Jenny grunts as Emma draws her to an enclosed and forgotten part in the school building.

They've being trying to control their emotions and bend it to their will. They both sit on the mat they had spread on the floor with their legs crossed, they close their eyes and begin to meditate.
They dive deep into their mind to search, to gain control when they finally feel like they have found it, they take in a deep breath and let it out.

Jenny thinks, she dives into her mind and remembers, the way she hurt Seun, the pain in Emma's and Mark's eyes, the fear written on every line of the driver's face, She roars and punches the air as large tongues of fire, shoots out of her palm. It lights up the already bright sky and burns in the air. When the fire extinguishes, she reaches her both hands forward with the right hand stretched out further than the left and many pebbles floats up like a fallen wall. She moves her towards different directions and the pebbles shoots towards many direction.

Emma raises her right hand, the pebbles coming towards her stops and falls to the ground. She continues to maintain her peaceful aura as she searches her mind for peaceful and relaxing thoughts. She remembers the first time she met Jenny, their Othuaba, she smiles in her mind. Then suddenly Mark appears in her mind, she shakes her lead to lose the face and continues combing her mind. She stops and stares at the green grasses beside them, she stares long and hard, deep and deeper. Suddenly the grasses begins to dry up as every bit of water in them, their roots, the soil, begins to escape forming a cloud above Emma. She smiles weakly at the cloud of water and whispers to it, the cloud burst and rains on Emma, Jenny and the plants. The plants begin to turn green, regaining its lush look, it even grows taller.
Jenny smiles at Emma and gives her a thumbs up.

"You?", they hear voices behind them and turns.

1 Like

Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Fazemood(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
This is going to be good. I am enjoying it already. Pls keep it up and don't give up. When is the next update?
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 2:39pm On Oct 23, 2018
Fazemood:
This is going to be good. I am enjoying it already. Pls keep it up and don't give up. When is the next update?

Thank so, so much. Even if just you it makes me feel better and I feel like my work is appreciated.

Who did you think saw Jenny and Emma using their powers?
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Fazemood(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2018
FayBrown:

Thank so, so much. Even if just you it makes me feel better and I feel like my work is appreciated.

Who did you think saw Jenny and Emma using their powers?

You are welcome.
Honestly, I can't say. I am suspecting the governors son Seun or mark the minister's son.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 5:13pm On Oct 23, 2018
Jenny and Emma's POV

How do you feel when you see your exact reflection?
How do you feel when you see your flaws and perfection right before you?
Do you run or hide?
Could you be seeing yourself in someone else?
Or could this be you?
Maybe a past you, a present you or even a future you?

"Think no further, your brain can't handle what you see", Emma and Jenny's replica say in unison.

They laugh at us with a sneer on their lips.
Even their laugh is evil.

They are us and we are them.

"The world you see shall crumble with you in it", Emma's replica spits.

"Everyone you know or love shall die... Everyone", Jenny's replica adds.

"You shall both die before you even understand your gifts", Emma's replica butts in.

"Have you finish? Or do you have more rubbish to say? Oya finish up and return to the gutter you came from", Jenny sighs and sits on the concrete floor.

Emma laughs as she sits beside Jenny.

"Do you perhaps believe we are joking?", Jenny's replica asks.

"No oh. Why will we think like that? Abeg continue your gibberish talk", Emma replies.

"You fools", their replicas says in unison and rushes towards them.

Emma and Jenny jumps out of the way and dodges the first attack aimed at their heads.

Emma's replica gains momentum and rushes towards Emma, she kicks Emma in the stomach and Emma coughs out blood. Emma shakes off the haze clouding her head and aims a punch at her replica's face.
The punch hits her replica with force as ice particles scatter from Emma's blow to her replica's face, a huge wound opens on her replica's face but her replica doesn't give up.
She recovers quickly from the blow and tackles Emma to the ground to prevent further use of her powers.

Jenny throws fire balls at her replica which her replica dodges with skills and ability. Emma wishes she could understand and do better with her powers.
Her thoughts distract her and her replica goes behind her, drags her head backwards and slams it on her knees.
Jenny coughs out blood as her head bleeds, she staggers as she falls to knees and then to the ground. Her eyes a bloody haze, she sees her replica above her and she turns her head to the side to see Emma blocking punches from her replica.

"No more, Emma. This ends now", she sends and her eyes closes it.

Emma closes her eyes and takes control of her emotion, she dwells her mind on a peaceful place in her mind. When she opens her eyes, her eyes sparks a brilliant white colour.
She roars as she pushes her replica off her, the force she uses creates a strong transparent forcefield that pushes her replica violently to the opposite side.
She speeds towards her replica and rains blows on her.

Jenny eyes open displaying crimson red orbs. She's floating midway in the air, the air drops her down on the ground gently, one foot before the other.
"Let me show you how fools act", Jenny says as a slight smile covers her face.
She speeds towards her replica and spins her to her side, she grabs her arm and pulls it from it's joints. Her replica screams in pain and Jenny laughs.
She aims a punch at her now staggering replica's chest. The punch drives towards her replica with force, leaking fire and hits her square on the chest. Her replica's uniform catches fire as she staggers some more.
Jenny kicks her on the side of her head which makes her replica to fall. She flicks her right hand to the side then upwards and the concrete floor vibrates. The concrete floor breaks and rises up before implanting itself around Jenny's replica leaving only her head.

Emma uses a whip made of water to flog her replica as she wretches on the floor unable to scream again.
Emma smiles finding it funny.
Then she stops she gives her the opportunity to run and her replica seizes the opportunity, she runs far and Emma lets her go. When she is farther away, Emma flings her water whip towards her replica.
The water wraps itself snuggly around her replica's neck and begins to draw her towards Emma. Emma holds the handle gingerly as it's length reduces with every inch it covers. When the whip draws her replica to her feet, Emma whips the air and the water whip separates and disperses into the surrounding.
She looks at the everlasting sneer on her replica's lips and slaps her. She takes a cue from Jenny, waves her hand and creates the concrete shell for her replica.

Emma and Jenny's eyes turn back to it's normal brown colour as they approach their replicas.

"Who sent you?", the ever calm Emma asks.

"Your Othuaba", her replica grins.

"Tell us the fucking truth or you'll both be dead!", Jenny bellows.

"Speak!", Emma commands

"Lord Sini. And he is coming for you two", Jenny's replica replies.

"And he is going to make this world his and you'll die even if you are the stupid children of the gods", Emma's replica spits.

"Tell him... We're waiting", Emma admonishes.

They turn to leave. Jenny waves her fingers and the concrete walls went back to their place, filling up every crack and hole and it was as smooth as before. Their replicas fall clumsily to the ground.

They steal a quick glance backward and see their features melting away from their replicas. Their replicas turns into dark shadows and they wonder where they have seen that before.

"They are Variations", Emma and Jenny thinks.

But they do not turn back though, they keep walking back to their class, their injuries and bruises heal. They now know something big is coming and they have to protect the human existence or watch it die.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 5:15pm On Oct 23, 2018
Fazemood:

You are welcome.
Honestly, I can't say. I am suspecting the governors son Seun or mark the minister's son.

I've updated oh... Is your assumption right or wrong?
Read and find out.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 5:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
@destinychild001
@mielekcezylil
@Evold
@dinaldphilipizu
@Stardragon
@qwest
@xfactor2
@ragdollz
@africhika
@ayosmiles
@tpia5
@iice
@Brisingr
@pleep
@aaidel
@udokpuenyi
@mrjingles
@cj1080
@giftaino
@wavemasta
@starfox
@shoboy9
@ositadimal
@MMM2
@Teediggz
@bolakale30
@Bestofamy
@petesunday
@Bawss1
@kecybright
@Aldavin80

Please don't be angry oh, I just copied all your names from A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury.
I love that story.
I was just wondering if you guys will just take a peek at my story.

Please sosa993 don't be angry I called your readers here oh.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Fazemood(m): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2018
Joyceted
Cbella
Oluwakemi65
evagael
buchi07
Culin
Oyoni
queenitee
Mavikolo2020
skubidu
Ann2012
Purity23

Lets support this writer guys, every writer deserves encouragement no matter how little.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Ann2012(f): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
Presently present, thanks for the invite

Fazemood:
Joyceted
Cbella
Oluwakemi65
evagael
buchi07
Culin
Oyoni
queenitee
Mavikolo2020
skubidu
Ann2012
Purity23

Lets support this writer guys, every writer deserves encouragement no matter how little.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Fazemood(m): 8:36pm On Oct 23, 2018
Wow wow wow, this is interestaining mehn! Pls lets keep it this way, I love the magic! Nice action too
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by queenitee(f): 7:39am On Oct 24, 2018
Fazemood:
Joyceted
Cbella
Oluwakemi65
evagael
buchi07
Culin
Oyoni
queenitee
Mavikolo2020
skubidu
Ann2012
Purity23

I'm here, thanks
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:22pm On Oct 24, 2018
Fazemood:
Joyceted
Cbella
Oluwakemi65
evagael
buchi07
Culin
Oyoni
queenitee
Mavikolo2020
skubidu
Ann2012
Purity23

Fazemood... thank you so very much. I appreciate what your doing for this story.
Thank you so much.

Everybody your welcome oh.

1 Like

Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 1:28pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ann2012 Your welcome.
queenitee Your also welcome.

Come where is that popcorn seller... lemme buy for them!
Bae! Come na... I want to buy popcorn

Fazemood I even wrote more than that for the fight scene but when I uploaded it, it did not go and it wiped all my writing. I had to start all over again because I just try to arrange whatever comes to mind as I write, I don't write it somewhere and go through it.
But anyway, thank you.
I was even surprised I could pull off that fight scene, I was literally shaking while writing it.
Thank you again for reading and one thing is for sure... IT GETS JUICIER.

Once my phone charge small, I'll start writing the next update.

1 Like

Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2018
The girls walk slowly as their injuries heal up and the torment of the destruction of their homeland in their mind. When they near the school building they realize that they still had dried up blood on their uniform, hair and body. They stopped in their tracks thinking of a believable advice to give if their asked questions about their appearance.
Then they look around and realize that the school is empty.

"Emma... what's the time?", Jenny asks.

"To five... ohmygod", Emma's eyes grows in size.
"School has ended for the day!".

"School has ended... that's a good thing", Jenny breathes in relief.

"How's missing five lectures a good thing? We have a big lie to create to cover up tomorrow cause I know we'll be reported to the principal", Emma rambles.

"Relax! We're safe for now let's get outta here".

Jenny pulls Emma with her as they cautiously enter the school building, hiding and running from teachers, trying to find their lockers as quickly as they could. They find their lockers, grab their bag and run off.

"I totally forgot I can't go home like this", Jenny whispers as they tiptoe past the sleeping gateman and out the big white gate.

"You can clean up at my place, my mom is never around at this time", Emma says as they trek to Park bus stop.

"I live around that Diobu side na. I don't even have the money to pay to and fro Borikiri", Jenny complains as they near Park.

"So you'll prefer your parents sees you like this like person beat you and about the transport I'm sure I'll find some lose change in my house. My mom may not be rich but at least she leaves money here or there in the house by mistake so I'll find some. Let's go", Emma replies.

They hold their back packs to their chest as they cross the ever rowdy and noisy Park. Women, men and children running for buses and vehicles, a potential thief hiding somewhere in the sea of faces and the continuous rambling of conductors and drivers trying to attract people to their vehicles.
They cross the road and flag down a taxi with the front seat vacant.

"See them na dem they ruin their lives, I'm sure they don go one man house dey come back", the woman in the middle whispers the to the others.

"Maybe dey ask of money, the man no gree him beat dem", the one on the right whispers back.

"See their bloody faces na, useless girls", the one on the left whispers.

"And see their uniform oh... na RiverSide school. That school big which kine reputable girls they ruin their lives like this", the one in the middle whispers.

"Maybe na all those ajepako scholarship children. You know see their mumu face", the one on the left replies.

Jenny was already fuming from the beginning and Emma tried to control her anger and also calm Jenny down but Jenny will not listen.

"Aunties, we can hear you oh!", Jenny says.

"Ehen and so? Did we hide what we are saying? Shameless girls!", the woman on the left hisses.

"See ma! You are old oh! Control your mouth", Jenny warns.

"See this small girl is talking to me because you have started sleeping around abi", the woman replies.

"Madam, calm down", the driver pleads as he uses one hand to control the steering wheel and the other to scratch his bald head.

"Driver! No put mouth", the middle woman commands.

When they are passing Spar the women and Jenny kept exchanging words. Emma frowns, she closes her eyes and brings the car to a halt. Everyone except her jerks and slams their head on something. Emma turns and looks at the woman as a white shade begins to seep into her eyes.

"Ma as you have seen life is too short, we could all be dead now. So just shut up your mouth and live your life", Emma gritted.

"And allow us to live our life too, life is too short", she turns back in her seat as the white begins to dissolve from her eyes.
"And anyway, ma. I'm sorry for the way I replied you but you were thinking faraway from the box when you should have asked what happened to us instead you formulated stupid stories. We could be your children".

"God forbid", the middle woman spits out.

"Abeg, leave them oh. Dem be witches", the woman on the left mutters with fear.

The now shaking driver turns on the ignition and drives quickly to Lagos bus stop. Emma and Jenny highlight and Emma brings out a hundred naira note to pay the driver but he refuses to accept the money as he shivers in fear and zooms off. They take another taxi to Borikiri and stops opposite the government school there before trekking into Sandfield. When they reach Emma's house, she waves a curious little boy off and enters the house with Jenny.

"Maybe we should start using our gifts as an advantage. See the way the women were scared even the driver, the guy refused to collect money sef", Jenny joked as Emma fumbles with the key.

"Emma! Don't tell me you're angry, they deserved it with all the rubbish they were spilling", Jenny touches Emma's shoulder but she shrugs it off.

Emma opens the door and they enter the small one bedroom flat.

"Clean yourself up, change and leave", Emma fumes, pointing to the bathroom.

Jenny slowly walks to the bathroom as she studies the warming cream colour of the house while Emma goes to the room then they both hear a voice from the sitting room.

"Emmanuella, Jenifer! Come to the sitting room when you're through with what your doing! I think it's time we talked about who you really are", the voice yells.

"Mom!!!? ", Emma says with disbelief in her voice.

"How does your mom know my name?", Jenny asks as she stops to look at Emma.

They both ran to the sitting room and found Emma's mom, Miss Green with tears in her soft big eyes, sitting upright on the single couch with a large book and a medium sized folder in her hand.

1 Like

Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by FayBrown(f): 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2018
I hope the pidgin is not too much��
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Fazemood(m): 10:59pm On Oct 24, 2018
Pidgin can never be too much its Nigeria so lets be us. But at thesame time be more professional , don't succumb too much into it (pidgin). Read other paranormal novels on here and compare them with yours, you may learn new things that way. smiley

Meanwhile; make this story as real as possible, make every episode more interesting and mysterious as you possibly can. calm down and be more creative, as we all know one doesn't go around exposing their supernatural self anyhow esp in public places.

Also, people don't assume things like that especially to girls who are in their school uniforms and looks tartered at an hour like that. People get curious and mostly assume a pitiful event that may have occured that made them look that way. Nigerians aren't like that unless the girls are improperly dressed. So try to portray us in a better light.

I would want you to update more so as to get the ghost readers commenting. Just do your best and we'll let you know how well you're progressing.
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Ann2012(f): 8:34am On Oct 25, 2018
FayBrown:
I hope the pidgin is not too much��

Nope, it's very OK
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Nobody: 11:32am On Oct 25, 2018
FayBrown:
@destinychild001
@mielekcezylil
@Evold
@dinaldphilipizu
@Stardragon
@qwest
@xfactor2
@ragdollz
@africhika
@ayosmiles
@tpia5
@iice
@Brisingr
@pleep
@aaidel
@udokpuenyi
@mrjingles
@cj1080
@giftaino
@wavemasta
@starfox
@shoboy9
@ositadimal
@MMM2
@Teediggz
@bolakale30
@Bestofamy
@petesunday
@Bawss1
@kecybright
@Aldavin80

Please don't be angry oh, I just copied all your names from A Girl Called Fib & The Axe Of Fury.
I love that story.
I was just wondering if you guys will just take a peek at my story.

Please sosa993 don't be angry I called your readers here oh.
Thanks for the mention.
Don't bother to check if you really do give me a mention because you do grin
Re: Gold Blood: The Resurrection by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 25, 2018
Nice story tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Act Like A Lady, Think Like A Man / The Gods Are To Blame / The Book Discussion Club (africa)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.