Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,813 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative (1211 Views)

Bread That Stays 6 Months Without Spoiling / Cakes For All Events / Cakes By Marie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative by rhymeup(m): 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hello All,
Need some helpful advise.

I sell baked muffins through retail shops and so far the response has been quite good.
The cakes typically used to last for about a week and a half. This was not so much of a problem since the rate of sales ensured that the cakes were eaten before expiration.
The challenge now is that i am trying to expand the business but need to ensure longevity on shelf.
I still have some instances where the cakes spoil earlier than expected.
This is not good for business as i can manage in a small location .i.e. my area, expansion means the product goes farther than i can imagine.
Need help finding the right way to preserve the cake. Any advice or better yet, can you lead me to someone who has solved this problem.
SME R&D challenge.

Look forward to hearing from you all.
Re: Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative by lifenajeje(m): 7:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Let's start with u telling me
Ur recipe
Mixing method
What kind of shop u supply and how they preserve it
Re: Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative by ibizgirl(f): 10:03am On Jul 02, 2017
Do you add milk to your cakes? If you do eliminate it.

rhymeup:
Hello All,
Need some helpful advise.

I sell baked muffins through retail shops and so far the response has been quite good.
The cakes typically used to last for about a week and a half. This was not so much of a problem since the rate of sales ensured that the cakes were eaten before expiration.
The challenge now is that i am trying to expand the business but need to ensure longevity on shelf.
I still have some instances where the cakes spoil earlier than expected.
This is not good for business as i can manage in a small location .i.e. my area, expansion means the product goes farther than i can imagine.
Need help finding the right way to preserve the cake. Any advice or better yet, can you lead me to someone who has solved this problem.
SME R&grin challenge.

Look forward to hearing from you all.
Re: Cakes Keep Spoiling Despite Preservative by SURElee(f): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2017
Skip milk or any other additives like cake softener. Then go buy sorbic acid presevative.

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup (onugbu Soup) / Can A Woman Breast Feeding Take In? / Why Does Ceremony Rice Smell The Same??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.