Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup (onugbu Soup) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup (onugbu Soup) (1186 Views)

How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup "Ofe Onugwu" / Bitterleaf Soup / How To Make Nigerian Bitter Leaf Soup With Cocoyam (ofe Onugbu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup (onugbu Soup) by Chiemerie8(m): 7:57pm On Aug 17, 2017
Onugbu Soup (Bitter leaf Soup)
INGREDIENTS

· Bitter leaf(washed and squeezed)
· Cocoyam
· Palm oil from palm fruit extract
· Assorted fish(dry and stock fish)
· Pepper
· Salt
· Crayfish
· Seasonings
· Ogiri
PREPARATION
1. Before you cook make sure the bitter leaf is well washed. Boil the bitter leaf for 15 minutes and pour in cold water.
2. Wash and cook the cocoyam till soft then peel the back and then use mortar and pestle to pound the cocoyam until a smooth paste.
3. Then cook the stock fish and dry fish till it gets done. Wash the beef and add to the pot and continue cooking.
4. When the meat is done, add the seasonings and cook again for 5 minutes.
5. Add pepper, grinded crayfish and palm oil and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cocoyam and boil for 5 minutes.
7. Finally, add all the leaves to boil for 10 minutes.
8. Serve with eba, fufu or pounded yam.

For more recipes visit https://chiemeriewebsite..com.ng/ today

1 Like

Re: How To Prepare Bitterleaf Soup (onugbu Soup) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 18, 2017
I am not understanding I tot d cocoyam was to b peeled nd grated how can u cook before peeling den pound again dats stress.

Anyways tnx

(1) (Reply)

Sallah Food From My Neighbors / New Recipe: Fried Rice And Beans / Recession: Beef VS Goat Meat VS Turkey VS Fish. Which Is The Cheapest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.