Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,220 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. (685 Views)

Donald Trump Quoted Bane In His Inauguration Speech / Donald Trump Kisses His Wife, Melania At His Inauguration (Photos) / Gambian Presdent, Barrow Pictured With His Family Ahead Of His Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Banter1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 15, 2017
The people of Lesotho are mourning the tragic loss of their first lady, Lipolelo Thabane.
The estranged wife of incoming Lesotho Prime Minister Thomas Thabane was shot dead this morning, just two days before his inauguration. The 58-year-old was traveling home with a friend when both women were shot by an unknown assailant, the police say.
The police add that details surrounding the killing are still sketchy but an investigation is already on to arrest those who have a hand in it.
The incoming prime minister and his late wife had been living separately since 2012 after they filed for divorce which hasn’t been granted yet. But she won a high court battle against her husband to secure the privileges of a First Lady, instead of Mr. Thabane’s youngest wife, Liabiloe, reports the AFP news agency.
Samonyane Ntsekele, the secretary-general of Mr. Thabane’s All Basotho Convention party, told AFP that the prime minister was devastated by the shooting.
“Everyone is traumatised by these developments,” he said.
Thomas Thabane was last week Friday elected Prime Minister of Lesotho after he emerged as the winner of 48 parliamentary but short of the 61 needed to form a government.

cc lalasticlala

source:
http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2017/06/lesotho-prime-ministers-wife-shot-dead.html?m=1

Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Banter1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 15, 2017
RIP
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by auntysimbiat(f): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
RIP
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by divinehand2003(m): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
I smell a Cold blooded murder here.
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
Buhari lipsrsealed

RIP to the dead
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Evablizin(f): 3:21pm On Jun 15, 2017
RIP to her,let it not be that the second wife is the one that killed because of First Lady things
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by SweetJoystick(m): 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
Buhari lipsrsealed

RIP to the dead
Jokes apart how old are you? What do you do for a living?
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by OZAOEKPE(f): 3:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Jokes apart how old are you? What do you do for a living?
I sell joystick for a living and I am old to give your *****y belle
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Loyalblak007(f): 3:35pm On Jun 15, 2017
I smell something here sad
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by DictatorZAR1: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
I think SANDF should pull a Russian style annexation of Lesotho that 10th SA province has been acting up for years now, Swaziland should be next too.

1 Like

Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
I 've got two suspects in my. 1) The PM himself. 2)The PM's new wife. Now the second suspect seems to me to have a stronger motive to want to whack Mrs. "former first lady". Don't know what you think but if this is coming from the very higher(PM) up,then I don't see this case getting solved. It will just go away-just like that. I get a feeling this is murkier than we like to think. Like,what led to the rift between the PM and his enstranged wife in the first place? Power is sometimes crazy. Wishing the detectives @Maseru goodluck cracking this. Normally,I love cases like this...following.
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
I 've got two suspects in my mind. 1) The PM himself. 2)The PM's new wife. Now the second suspect seems to me to have a stronger motive to want to whack Mrs. "former first lady". Don't know what you think but if this is coming from the very higher(PM) up,then I don't see this case getting solved. It will just go away-just like that. I get a feeling this is murkier than we like to think. Like,what led to the rift between the PM and his enstranged wife in the first place? Power is sometimes crazy. Wishing the detectives @Maseru goodluck cracking this. Normally,I love cases like this...following.
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
Devastated...sure. I am sure the first lady-in waiting is also 'devastated' and crying herself to sleep too. smiley
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2017
DictatorZAR1 Ever heard of the word/term "sovereignty". Yeah,Lesotho and Swaziland might be tiny but they are sovereign nation States. Any attempt to annex them will bring the full weight of the international community on whosoever the aggressor is. Russia got away with just sanctions and you know just why. ZA will get it WORSE if it pulled a similar stunt! You keep that in mind,man.
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by bigzic(m): 7:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
RIP
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by DictatorZAR1: 10:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
mansakhalifa:
DictatorZAR1 Ever heard of the word/term "sovereignty". Yeah,Lesotho and Swaziland might be tiny but they are sovereign nation States. Any attempt to annex them will bring the full weight of the international community on whosoever the aggressor is. Russia got away with just sanctions and you know just why. ZA will get it WORSE if it pulled a similar stunt! You keep that in mind,man.

Those very sovereign nations are 99% reliant on SA and whenever they have issues SA suffers. SA funds there government budgets even that outdated absolute Swazi Monarch whose pervy King marries a new teen each year gets he's perks from SA. The same international community ask SA to intervene every 4months when a new crisis starts. Russia is a different story and there's no correlation between the two issues.

The issue with Lesotho is they have a out going PM who will do anything to stay in power he even went as far to deploy he's useless army at polling stations during the recent elections, and he still lost. Lesotho should dismantle there army because it is the main driver behind its issues.

Anyway the west has no interest in Lesotho so an annexation would not affect there neocon ambitions. grin

1 Like

Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Nobody: 7:19am On Jun 16, 2017
I know about these issues okay,but that doesn't change the fact that these two monarchies are sovereign entities(very sad reality). This might sound all too legalistic but that is the truth and I am sure that the government of SA knows this and that is why I don't see it making such a move any time soon. You were right about Mswazi though. The guy is a real pervert.
Re: Lesotho Prime Minister's Wife Shot Dead Two Days To His Inauguration. by Hillarie(m): 7:46am On Jun 16, 2017
Nawa

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reinstates Key Parts Of Trump's Executive Order / This Is Why The US Avoids Messing Around With Venezuelan Oil / Kim Jong Un : The Fat Boy That Wants To Destroy The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.