Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,897 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads (823 Views)

Front Wheel Vibration On Bumpy Roads / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira / Nigeria At 57: These Cars Have Rocked Nigerian Roads For The Past 57 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by barakah(m): 4:49pm On Jun 15, 2017
Hello House,

Please my route has changed so i now have to do 2 hours each from/to work daily (Monday to Friday).

An area of my road which lasts for a period of 20 minutes period is also bad.

The road is laden with bumps,gallops and flood.

What type of precautions should i take to prevent damage to my car?

What parts of the vehicle should i pay particular attention to?

With the distance covered and for the number of hours, what do you advise i do to my engine?
Increase oil change time?

Expert advise and responses will be greatly appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by erico2k2(m): 5:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
barakah:

Hello House,

Please my route has changed so i now have to do 2 hours each from/to work daily (Monday to Friday).

With the distance covered and for the number of hours, what do you advise i do to my engine?

Reduce speed, there is nothing more you need do.
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by diportivo: 8:25pm On Jun 15, 2017
barakah:

Hello House,

bros

with your Volkswagen Vanagon u don't av anything to fear

just drive normal.....that vanagon is very durable
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by timifakay(m): 7:42am On Jun 16, 2017
Oil change should be calculated based on distance covered and time. Since your distance has increased note the increase and that will shorten the change interval.
Your suspension parts (shock absorbers, Stabiliser linkages...) and body will bear the brunt due to greater level of vibration.
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by ivoryhouse(m): 7:38am On Jun 17, 2017
It depends on what you drive
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by barakah(m): 11:50am On Jun 17, 2017
diportivo:

bros

with your Volkswagen Vanagon u don't av anything to fear

just drive normal.....that vanagon is very durable
Where in my post did i mention volkswagen?

ivoryhouse:
It depends on what you drive
I drive a 2004 model Camry most of the time.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by diportivo: 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
barakah:

bros no vex grin

but the normal thing to do on car talk section is tell us the car u drive so u can be advised accordingly

I been even think say na man diesel u dey drive sef undecided
Re: Maintenance Against Wear And Tear, Bumpy Roads by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 17, 2017
barakah:

I drive a 2004 model Camry most of the time.

LOl, that's the motive behind diportivo's post, he simply wanted u to state what u drive.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Mercedes Car C230 (w202) To Buy / Toyota Sienna04 With Free Services Attached!!! / Checkout This New Chevrolet’s Nascar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.