Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD - Car Talk (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD (77194 Views)

Engine Rebuild / I Have An Offer To Purchase A Nigerian Use 2009 Honda Accord At 800k / To Rebuild Or To Replace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Lexusgs430: 5:33pm On Jun 18, 2017
oblo:
And I am just coming to the party?? Na so so onions remain for the suya wen una chop.. angry

@ Gazzuz.. Wehdon Sir... grin

LOL.

Small lettuce, tomato, ketchup, salad cream and dried pepper still dey inside the paper......

3 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by luvinhubby(m): 9:22pm On Jun 18, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

ok let us cost current repair till date.

Engine/Trany 550,000
Trucking: 2,000
Warehouse gate pass 500
Logistics: 1,000
Flushing fluids. 2,000
Transmission oil. 16,000
P/S oil. 11,000
Engine mounts. 12,000
ABS sensor. 7,000
Coolant. Xxxxxx
Airfilter. 4,000
Brakepads. 12,000
Hedlamps. 45,000
Horns. 6,000
Wipers. 7,000
Serpentine belt. 10,000
Splash shields. 10,000
Front wheel hubs. XXXXX
Front right CV joint XXXXX
Battery. XXXXX
Panelbeating. XXXXX
Paint work. XXXXX
Spare tyre. XXXXX
2toks tyres. grin XXXXX
Alignment. XXXXX
Wheel balancing. XXXXX
Interior detailing. XXXXX
Upholstery work. XXXXX
Vehicle tracker. XXXXX
Vehicle Registration.XXXXX
Insurance.

Present total. 695,500

And journey still dey start. cheesy
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:25pm On Jun 18, 2017
luvinhubby:

And journey still dey start. cheesy

Good student cheesy
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by banky3w(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2017
Lexusgs430:

In my summation, Honda vehicles are much better than Toyota cars........

You would truly be pleased with this investment, the car eventually came to the right Daddy.........

Hopefully the seller would not want to invoke buy-back clause..........
Gazzuzz please say something about this quoted statement, is it true? I'm a die hard Toyota fan (just because of my pocket for now). Did you buy both engine and tyranny for this Honda? How much is the engine alone?
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Lexusgs430: 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2017
banky3w:

Gazzuzz please say something about this quoted statement, is it true? I'm a die hard Toyota fan (just because of my pocket for now). Did you buy both engine and tyranny for this Honda? How much is the engine alone?

Honda cars drive better, well equipped, looks better and gives the driver the road presence.

But our Toyota mentality and the notion of Honda 'k' leg issues. Do not do Honda brands any favours......

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2017
banky3w:

I will not answer the highlighted READ!!

Hondas have a better build. I presently own 4hondas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Jagermeister(m): 12:11am On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

ok let us cost current repair till date.

Engine/Trany 550,000
Trucking: 2,000
Warehouse gate pass 500
Logistics: 1,000
Flushing fluids. 2,000
Transmission oil. 16,000
P/S oil. 11,000
Engine mounts. 12,000
ABS sensor. 7,000
Coolant. Xxxxxx
Airfilter. 4,000
Brakepads. 12,000
Hedlamps. 45,000
Horns. 6,000
Wipers. 7,000
Serpentine belt. 10,000
Splash shields. 10,000
Front wheel hubs. XXXXX
Front right CV joint XXXXX
Battery. XXXXX
Panelbeating. XXXXX
Paint work. XXXXX
Spare tyre. XXXXX
2toks tyres. grin XXXXX
Alignment. XXXXX
Wheel balancing. XXXXX
Interior detailing. XXXXX
Upholstery work. XXXXX
Vehicle tracker. XXXXX
Vehicle Registration.XXXXX
Insurance.

Present total. 695,500

Some people's total budget for a car. This life ehn.

8 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Lexusgs430: 12:19am On Jun 19, 2017
Jagermeister:

Fingers can never be equal. Some of us needs to up our hustle......

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by jodeci01: 1:03am On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Good job Gazzuzz, what's your take on Acura Tl 2010 and 2012 models?
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by banky3w(m): 2:20am On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

Haba Bros don't be mean naa...... I saw you quoted Engine /tranny and you only showed us you bought engine..... No qualms sha...... I still loyal.
The only thing I noticed with Honda was that it seems balanced/heavy on speed than Camry....... I have done above 180km/h on both...... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed The experts are taking away my love for Toyota....... I know Honda beats Toyota in interior designs but....... embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided cry cry cry cry The only Honda I love is the Crosstour and I don't have the money yet....
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by igbsam(m): 3:17am On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

You did this one good. I'm glad the car is now in a safe hand. Thanks for alerting me. Chai......i can't wait to see the finishing product.
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2017
jodeci01:

Good job Gazzuzz, what's your take on Acura Tl 2010 and 2012 models?

lovely models, take care of your catalytic converters. Avoid prolonged misfires.

1 Like

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by adanny01(m): 6:44am On Jun 19, 2017
banky3w:

Haba Bros don't be mean naa...... I saw you quoted Engine /tranny and you only showed us you bought engine..... No qualms sha...... I still loyal.
The only thing I noticed with Honda was that it seems balanced/heavy on speed than Camry....... I have done above 180km/h on both...... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed The experts are taking away my love for Toyota....... I know Honda beats Toyota in interior designs but....... embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided cry cry cry cry The only Honda I love is the Crosstour and I don't have the money yet....

Bros look at this again, what do you see?

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by banky3w(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2017
adanny01:

Bros look at this again, what do you see?
Who are you quoting precisely? No add to my sorrow oh..... Mind yourself in advance.
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Inception(m): 8:44am On Jun 19, 2017
banky3w:

Who are you quoting precisely? No add to my sorrow oh..... Mind yourself in advance.
He was quoting you, and showing you that what Gazzuzz bought was both the engine and gearbox(uncoupled).

1 Like

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by banky3w(m): 8:52am On Jun 19, 2017
Inception:

He was quoting you, and showing you that what Gazzuzz bought was both the engine and gearbox(uncoupled).

Thanks for the clarification Bro..... I love to toy with cars but I don't have the chance..... I have a passion for cars. Don't know if Gazzuzz can take me under his wings....... Wait, who am I kidding? I have a job that pays well and I only have 1 month leave in a year so where is the time to learn? Gazzuzz should just continue.....
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by adanny01(m): 8:54am On Jun 19, 2017
banky3w:

You!!!

Is it not you who is asking whether GAZZUZZ bought engine/tranny?

The pic I showed you clearly shows the transmission and you are asking a very irrelevant question. Even the pic GAZZUZZ posted as the engine was brought down from the container showed the transmission attached but you wouldnt see it yet you are asking questions. I thought i was helping you but clearly GAZZUZZ was right not to have answered your obvious question.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Lexusgs430: 9:55am On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

* Airbags: Front seats were not connected to the grid wink connected them and airbag lights went off (our future is insured)

* TPMS: I was shocked it was even working with the state of the car, just a couple of tyres low on air, pumped to 30psi and light went away shocked

* ABS: Front right wheel speed sensor, replaced and ABS went away. (was hoping he will take his brother VSA and that ugly triangle with him smiley but the car has its own kabal ganging up against me angry

* VSA: steering angle sensor angry will order for part after inspecting this one.

So presently only 1 bagger is flashing on the dashboard VSA and his cousin the triangle sad
www.nairaland.com/attachments/5515048_img20170618101627_jpeg6d9d95752f4783dc47da33553b1846ed

Unfortunately, that VSA module was subjected to a major recall and was replaced by Honda (free)

1 Like

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by banky3w(m): 10:48am On Jun 19, 2017
adanny01:

You!!!

Is it not you who is asking whether GAZZUZZ bought engine/tranny?

The pic I showed you clearly shows the transmission and you are asking a very irrelevant question. Even the pic GAZZUZZ posted as the engine was brought down from the container showed the transmission attached but you wouldnt see it yet you are asking questions. I thought i was helping you but clearly GAZZUZZ was right not to have answered your obvious question.
Bros no vex naa....... I am a novice and was only seeking knowledge...... I think the only engine /tranny combo I can recognise straight up is Toyota Camry 1998-2002. No vex...... I'm a learner.

7 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Philadelphia: 11:09am On Jun 19, 2017
Jagermeister:

I thought I was the only one who noticed this.
Some even by cary pencil light for 450k or 500k

1 Like

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Philadelphia: 11:14am On Jun 19, 2017
Oga Gazzuzz.. Nice job. You're not just an ordinary mechanic but a honest and educated one for that matter. Co tine in this and you'd soar higher.
I need to know, do you know how to repair Mercedes-Benz? I mean the w202 models especially their AC
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by adanny01(m): 12:30pm On Jun 19, 2017
banky3w:

Bros no vex naa....... I am a novice and was only seeking knowledge...... I think the only engine /tranny combo I can recognise straight up is Toyota Camry 1998-2002. No vex...... I'm a learner.

No wahala.
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by krisrock(m): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Philadelphia:
Oga Gazzuzz.. Nice job. You're not just an ordinary mechanic but a honest and educated one for that matter. Co tine in this and you'd soar higher.
I need to know, do you know how to repair Mercedes-Benz? I mean the w202 models especially their AC
Oga Gazzuzz no dey like touch all those german machines with their many many wiring and modules wey dey dey use form one thing two thing. But I will leave him to give his reasons if he so wishes. grin

I sha pray he overlooks their excesses cry cry cry and add them to his working list so people like me can buy mercedes grin grin. Cos na only Oga Gazzuzz I fit trust with my motor grin grin grin
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by connkg(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2017
Oga, I fit come check this car out one of these days?
Just to hear the engine sound.
I fit peep from gate or climb tree, I no mind...

9 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by princetom1(m): 2:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
krisrock:

Oga Gazzuzz no dey like touch all those german machines with their many many wiring and modules wey dey dey use form one thing two thing. But I will leave him to give his reasons if he so wishes. grin

I sha pray he overlooks their excesses cry cry cry and add them to his working list so people like me can buy mercedes grin grin. Cos na only Oga Gazzuzz I fit trust with my motor grin grin grin

Me sef wan buy Mercedes o nt d thing dey do me somehow
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by princetom1(m): 2:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
connkg:
Oga, I fit come check this car out one of these days?
Just to hear the engine sound.
I fit peep from gate or climb tree, I no mind...

No need, make sure u pay elders fee, we will take u there, live and direct, u go test drive, press even pinch d ride sef

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Philadelphia: 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2017
krisrock:

I hope he does. I am looking forward to buying a Mercedes soon
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:46pm On Jun 19, 2017
Philadelphia:

In the very near future I will support more brands and Mercedes will be one of them.
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by princetom1(m): 5:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

In the very near future I will support more brands and Mercedes will be one of them.

Ehen, now u are talking. I be wan... bt am fully covered now. We all like variety, even some oga here no dey use Volvo joke, me sef like that xc90 die o
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2017
I was not enjoying the gear shifts, so I reset the transmission PCM/ECM and Engine ECM/PCM.

The difference was like black and white, I do not know if this vehicle has adaptive gear selection, but it responds much better now.

No special work done today, have to balance work and play, most of you viewing this thread have vehicles in my workshop, and if I leave ya vehicle to tell you tori, unna go vex cheesy

So only thing done today was to drain water from the radiator and install coolant

I have been driving my thing like that.

5 Likes

Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by hapheeyxz: 9:01pm On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

So only thing done today was to drain water from the radiator and install coolant

Please sir, I don't understand this part... Can u please explain to me? For not using water for the radiator and the coolant installation..
Re: Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD by Inception(m): 9:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I was not enjoying the gear shifts, so I reset the transmission PCM/ECM and Engine ECM/PCM.

The difference was like black and white, I do not know if this vehicle has adaptive gear selection, but it responds much better now.

No special work done today, have to balance work and play, most of you viewing this thread have vehicles in my workshop, and if I leave ya vehicle to tell you tori, unna go vex cheesy

I have been driving my thing like that.

Any noticeable engine vibration?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Lexus IS250 Driver Tries To Race Mercedes CLS63 AMG In Abuja, Crashes(video) / Man Hangs ₦540million Super Car From The Ceiling Of His Apartment In U.S.(Photo) / These 4 Expensive Cars Abandoned On Nigeria Roads Cost 1.2 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.