Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Open Letter On The Nigerian Police & Armed Etiquettes - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Open Letter On The Nigerian Police & Armed Etiquettes (354 Views)

An Open Letter To All Yahoo Boys By Paulgeek / Stray Bullet From Police & Armed Robbers Kills Keke Driver In Rivers (Graphic) / Open Letter On High Level Of Corruption In Nigeria Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter On The Nigerian Police & Armed Etiquettes by koryinesolar(m): 9:45am On Jun 16, 2017
OPEN LETTER ON THE NIGERIAN POLICE & ARMED ETIQUETTES
Being in regard to the past and recent exploits and actions of the Nigerian Police Force, a branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces, charged with the responsibility of protecting lives and properties in a civil government.
Owerri Robbery: My heartfelt condolences go to the family of the valiant policeman who at least stood to confront the robbers. Yesterday, it was quoted in the news as stated by policemen - "Nigeria is not worth dying for". It grieved my heart, that the men of our Armed Forces are paid stipends and don't even have good insurance covers. Also, I stating emphatically that from the video I watched, our policemen lack training on a lot of things ranging from;
• Keeping cover
• Taking good aims
• The difference between a pistol and a rifle and how to carry it.
• Moving in combat.
These were what got the policeman hurt, he wouldn't even had made a kill if that guy hadn't dared to come closer. Even a militia does and shoots better than that.
Arrest of Evans: The billionaire kidnapper as he is being called now by his teeming Nigerian audience who are thrilled with thoughts that a kidnap kingpin will be used as scapegoat for others who have been traumatizing the country with this evil act. But it's been a week now and the Nigerian Police force is still basking in the euphoria of their arrest of a top wanted abductor. I see nothing wrong with this until I watched a video where he was being paraded in Lagos and I saw men specially trained to protect lives and properties (even that of criminals if possible) shooting into the air without caution and for no reason, are they hunters or rebels? This is a talk for another segment. My issue is, why are they making so much noise about him, can't they keep him at black sites and interrogate him further to spill more names? For possible contacts, even to high profile names. No, they are carrying themselves, and giving the media too much information. What happened to the section of the constitution the section of the constitution that state "You are innocent until proven guilty". [/b]Does Evans even have a lawyer he called or provided for him (even though we all know he did it) because as I see it, judgement and verdict has been passed on this man without a trial.
[b]Guns
: It is obvious the men and women of the Nigerian police force have issues when it comes to weapons. I once read an article where an NYPD officer said and I quote - "A gun is not just a weapon, it's to be respected and used only in extreme cases". This doesn't apply to our men, as they just shoot at will and without any sense of caution or decency, even to unharmed civilians (YES, I’m talking about SARS).
All these and more are issues I find the Nigerian Police Force guilty of but let's just keep it at these. I hope the IGP and his commissioners can sit down and address most of this issues (If it won't fall on deaf ears as usual). Bring in expert trainers to take these men in combat skills and techniques, even hand to hand combat not just weaponry. Make them watch special movies and videos on external operations. Teach them the use and sacredness of a gun, teach them not to brutalize.
Adunbi-David Ayomide
Cc:
Minister of Defence
Inspector General of Police
Commissioners of Police
Area Commanders

(1) (Reply)

Bald Men Killed In Mozambique Cause Of The Belief That Their Heads Contains Gold / SACRILEGE! Pastor Converts Church To Baby-making Factory In Aba / Billionaire Kidnapper, Evans Reveals How He Rented His Hideouts For N750k, N1m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.