Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,541 members, 7,843,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? (826 Views)

Getting A Job Is Hard In This Country Oo( ladies pls be careful) / Photo: What Is Wrong With This Job Advert? / Are Engineers The Most Unemployed Graduates In This Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by maddock(m): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2010
I have been really upset recently about some graduates in this country especially about those who are yet to get a job.Another reason for high unemployment rate in Nigeria could also be as a result of what should i want to refer to as the dumbness of some graduate. A friend recently posted an online advert for recruitments of a certain positions with specific instructions to indicating their prefered location amongst the various locations listed in the ad. Could you believe that 70% of those that applied did not adhere to this very simple instruction. Out of his magnamity he posted a rejoinder in which he pointed out that indicating the prefered location is a major prequisite for shortlisting. After this rejoinder can you imagine that 45% of those that responded again did not indicate their prefered location, this is inspite of this second reminder. When he was narating this to me, i just kept on wondering, the type of graduate our schools are churning out when they cant read and understand an instruction of not more than 12 lines. How were they able to graduate in the first instance,Can someone help me out on this?
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by cindy307: 3:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
nothing is wrong with them. they read the instructions but they are in need of a job so location doesn't mata to them. imagine a scenario where a vacancy says candidate must reside in kaduna, i stay in lagos, do u tink if am applying for the job i'll indicate that i stay in lagos? no i wont.
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by maddock(m): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nobody says you must reside where the job is,just simply put kaduna or wereva as your prefered location,kapish.Is that too hard for people to understand or even you?
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by Amjustme: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2010
I have observed that thread lately. It baffles me, to think that some of them want to insult u if u obey such instructions.
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by Focusmind: 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2010
Some graduates are worse than touts. Some cant even prepare a descent CV.
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by dupylola: 11:44pm On Jan 29, 2010
u guys r even talkin of dat, wot of situations where by sum1 posts a job on a thread n asks people 2 send deir cvs 2 an adress or even fill n online form ,n d next tin u c is people replyn on dat same thread sayin stuffs like, pls sir im a graduate of , n all dat stuff,n paste deir cvs on dat thread as if d poster is d owner of d organisation cry, i weep 4 sum graduates cos heaven helps those dat helps demselves, i totally agree wit u guys, wen waec says shade wit a pencil,use a biro n check out 4 ur scores!
Re: Whats Wrong With Graduates In This Country? by cindy307: 10:22pm On Jan 30, 2010
smiley smiley i keep sayin our graduates need a job and they are gettin desperate, and when they do read the instructions, they dont read the instructions, all they see is job vacancy.
maddock ,and when the instructions states u muz reside in kaduna, what do u do? u dont bother applying because its kaduna.
lets treat our graduates with care because the system that suppose to fine tune them is actually sick. and we must all hope for better days to come with our private tertiary institutions (but that is if we can afford the fees)

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Jobs: Apply Now / One Room Self Contain Around Ogba Needed / Daily Job Alert Rush Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.