Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment (62701 Views)

Three Rare University Courses In Nigeria That Can Give One A Multimillionaire / How ASUU Strike Is Promoting Prostitution, Unemployment, Poverty – Stakeholders / List Of Universities In Nigeria That Offer Admission Without JAMB True or False? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by HighIQ(m): 12:59pm On Jun 16, 2017
Welcome, here are some big courses with a potential of rendering those who studied it into a state of regrets.They are big courses. There names sound good to the hearing. But are these big courses really what they claim to be?. Or are their other courses or profession competing with them.? Let take a look at them in MY top 5 listings below.

1) PETROLEUM ENGINEERING: This is a very big course to many. And a lot of people who study this course are potential workers at the oil refineries and oil companies. But after these places where can a petroleum engineer work? Absolute no where! Apart for the fact that these graduates compete with graduates of other engineering courses for the limited vacancies they are equally likely to be ignored since it is a restricted course. Chemical engineering which encompasses major chemistry of engineering including Petroleum engineering are great competitors of these people. It means if a petroleum engineer is unable to get a place in the oil industry or oil company. It may become virtually impossible to get any other job due to its nature of restriction.

2) MASS COMMUNICATION: This course also sound so good but apart from the fact they are only resticted to only the mass media, graduates of English language and other related fields are also strong competitors of these people.

3) BANKING AND FINANCE: This course also sound so beautiful and it can easily attract the.mind of Jamb candidates into studying it. But the fact is that the banking sector is a very open sector to virtually any graduates even the science students and yoruba graduates. So at this time, your been a graduate of Banking and finance won't matter at all. The worst is that you are likely not going to get any Job outside the Banking sector.

4) INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS: Everyone want to be an international man but does the course really profess the name it bears?

5) MEDICAL BIOCHEMISTRY: Even biochemists are highly respected not to talk of a whole Medical Bichemist. But the fact is Medical biochemistry is under Bichemistry and as a result a restricted course. So they are likely to depend only in the hospital for a job. But sadly, graduates of Medical laboratory science have taken over most of their hospitals and likely to be a great competitor or combater of these set of people.

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by TheHistorian(m): 1:03pm On Jun 16, 2017
History? grin

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by BiafraBushBoy(m): 1:05pm On Jun 16, 2017
smiley smiley
Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 16, 2017
Wait, shey if we no go school we no go succeed gan ni? What's with the wahala.. I remember back then in school, while i'm jejely going to my class i'd see all this otm students carrying boxes here and there.. It was only few months to the finish line that i know it is typewritter these people are carrying for four years.. Today i'm not surprised when i meet them and see they are still carrying boxes up and down, it has become a permanent disease and they are more like they are mad these days.. And funniest part is that thay are always in a hurry so there's no way they are gon tell you they are alright and you'd believe.. They are more like official mad people.. That's what school (education) has done.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by HighIQ(m): 2:29pm On Jun 16, 2017
It means you all agree with me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by gxscreen: 2:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
true

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by percyshelu(m): 2:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
OP I fity u

agriculture is d only course that guarantees employment and u must have start up capital

20 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by HighIQ(m): 4:12pm On Jun 16, 2017
percyshelu:
OP I fity u

agriculture is d only course that guarantees employment and u must have start up capital
what is this one saying

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by GdexFolami(m): 4:50pm On Jun 16, 2017
Abeg put anatomy and physiology ...infact all paramedical courses

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by HighIQ(m): 5:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
GdexFolami:
Abeg put anatomy and physiology ...infact all paramedical courses
can we actually refer Anatomy and physiology as a big and attractive course

12 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2017
BANKING AND FINANCE.....gat me rolling on the floor... Smh. what are you banking and financing grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Erums(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2017
TheHistorian:
History? grin

Dat has been modified to internal relations... Biko be updated

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Erums(m): 6:27pm On Jun 16, 2017
OrestesDante:
BANKING AND FINANCE.....gat me rolling on the floor... Smh. what are you banking and financing grin

Giy nonkill me wit laff... Dem dey bank and finance peraon money na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by 4lorunsho(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2017
hmmmm
Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by AjiChris(f): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2017
What abt plant biology?

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by INTERMAN: 7:31pm On Jun 16, 2017
AjiChris:
What abt plant biology?
plant biology, botany, crop protection, horticulture, forestry are all birds of a feather

11 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by AjiChris(f): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
INTERMAN:
plant biology, botany, crop protection, horticulture, forestry are all birds of a feather
are these also prone to unemployment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by zerojoy: 7:41pm On Jun 16, 2017
What do u think about Agric Engineering, tell me the job oppurtunities

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Whitemoney: 8:11pm On Jun 16, 2017
I buy/Sell US iTunes gift card at a very moderate rate kindly hit me up

08063984186 (whatsap)

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by policy12: 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
@Op please let include LAW..

Most lawyer are just bail and charge.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by DumaEmpire(m): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2017
Op clearly doesnt know how employment works in Nigeria..as long as say u hold certificate if u like study shoes n sandals u go still c job dat is if u know d rite Buttons ofcourse..n am proud Historian chasing my music career grin

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by DumaEmpire(m): 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
policy12:

Omo guy u rite o..ders one tin common wit all dis charge n bail lawyers..Deir shoe dey flat like bonga fish n bend like cray fish..after all d years Tufia no b me fit suffer for notin.. Songhay empire still dey rise n fall like naira grin

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by peddy231(m): 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2017
policy12:

I agree with u completely, you typed my mind

3 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by UGLEEBOI: 10:01pm On Jun 16, 2017
THE MOST VERSATILE COURSE....:

***ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING***
yours truly.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
Truth is, a lot of courses in Nigeria are useless, why? 80% end up working somewhere far off of what they studied

Even most of our lawyers are real broke, if you don't have a politician as a client, your name is real sorry not to talk about the hospital situations. Medical laboratory science has rendered biochemistry, microbiology and some others pretty much useless that they're are not even required anymore at the hospital

9 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by FreshShavedBalls(m): 11:58pm On Jun 16, 2017
Building Technology. A very good course that is facing infiltration by Civil Engineers and Architects due to the unstandardised construction industry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by dingbang(m): 3:14am On Jun 17, 2017
I am a petroleum engineer working at first bank.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by MrHenshaw: 5:35am On Jun 17, 2017
HighIQ:
can we actually refer Anatomy and physiology as a big and attractive course

No

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 17, 2017
AjiChris:
are these also prone to unemployment?

In nigeria? Yes, I think so.
Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by kevoh(m): 6:44am On Jun 17, 2017
It's not the courses that are the problem, it's the lack of creation of jobs. Only very few industries are functioning, those who shout entrepreneurship are basically doing businesses ,such as importation, that rarely need the services of any professional skill. Fresh graduates, not just the ones listed by the OP alone, are churned out every year to face this stark reality.

6 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by Zico5(m): 7:07am On Jun 17, 2017
This is true, even which course is lucrative in Nigeria these days. We all need the grace of God to survive.

10 Likes

Re: Top 5 Big Courses In Nigeria That Are Prone To Unemployment by moscobabs(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2017
Op I beg What did Evans study?

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Beautiful Aerial Pictures Of The University Of Benin / The Bus Oshiomhole Donated To UNIBEN SUG 3 Years Ago (PHOTOS) / FUT MINNA 2017/2018 HERE WE COME!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.