Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo (11580 Views)

Ooni: Make deeper researches about Yoruba-Igbo family ties / Is Oba Of Benin The Paramount Traditional Ruler Of Niger Delta and Igbos? / Delta (and Rivers) Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 3:51am On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:
AreaFada2
Sarah20A
Valirex
Ghostwon
AreaFada2
Osazuwa23

I think edo and delta should be a country no more no less

At the end of the day edo wont be fragmented as the igbos and yorubas think, the Igbanke, akoko edo will enjoy a bigger chance and a bigger voice remaining in Midwestern country than when they are included to the different big tribes were thier vioce will be stumbled on

I assure both oduduwa republic and Biafra republic that edo and delta wont be fragmented at the end of the day since the oba had once ruled over them in the past and they all share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture they will always ways feel at home with Midwestern country and we all we be great again

Even when british gave scotland independence few years ago they rejected it and still prefer to remain in uk...... This are die minute choice that changes everything so dont be fooled

There is no ika with no ediod
There is no urhobo with no ediod
There is no akoko edo with no ediod
There is no ukwani with no ediod

Oba kha to kpere...... Ise

We say yes to the Midwest country on behalf of all our brothers who share one or two cultural similarities within the ediod culture
Remeber through the help of oba eweka who fought for the actualization of midwest region to be created regardless of who was delta igbo, or akoko edo, or urhobo, lets not be surprised even some yoruba people in ekiti amd ondo will decide to join Midwestern country
Well, you have a point though, but this is the 21st century and no group or tribe of the world would want to be under the tutelage and watchful eyes of a ruler or Oba. Even when it comes to dynastical culture.
Look at it this way, if they told you choose between Old Russian or Soviet Union and present day America, which one would you choose.

The way I see Biafra, they've seen it all, the divide and rule, the ployed hate between tribes and even them for years now, so when making a state or country, they'll want to include everyone along. They'll make sure tribe or tribal sentiments isn't the forefront, especially to make it more of a free country like the United States.

How would you make a country based on tribal sentiments, when you've learned from Big Brother Nigeria. I presume the first thing in the Constitution, if made would be more like Benjamn Franklin and his people in 17-18 century United states, were they all came together to free or loosen themselves from the mad king of Britain in that time.

They had learned and were willing to make a change, which Birthed the free country and the most adored country we now have today.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 6:54am On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Well, you have a point though, but this is the 21st century and no group or tribe of the world would want to be under the tutelage and watchful eyes of a ruler or Oba. Even when it comes to dynastical culture.
Look at it this way, if they told you choose between Old Russian or Soviet Union and present day America, which one would you choose.

The way I see Biafra, they've seen it all, the divide and rule, the ployed hate between tribes and even them for years now, so when making a state or country, they'll want to include everyone along. They'll make sure tribe or tribal sentiments isn't the forefront, especially to make it more of a free country like the United States.

How would you make a country based on tribal sentiments, when you've learned from Big Brother Nigeria. I presume the first thing in the Constitution, if made would be more like Benjamn Franklin and his people in 17-18 century United states, were they all came together to free or loosen themselves from the mad king of Britain in that time.

They had learned and were willing to make a change, which Birthed the free country and the most adored country we now have today.

You have a point, but a Biafra with minorities will only reproduce another Nigeria. Delta State coming with Edo doesn't mean the Oba rules them. It will be a United Kingdom just like England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland and Scotland chose to be with England. So what am I saying is when we explain to Itsekiri, Uhorbo and Isoko the confederation plan where they won't be a minority compared to Biafra believe me they will key into this. You know fully well that Biafra only needs their land and before the coming of IPOB this minorities were regarded at "not fully Well Igbos". Biafra and minorities idea is fully political and nothing will make those minorities happier than going with other minorities. To buttress my point take a look at how many minorities have openly rejected Biafra yet IPOB wouldn't stop including them and you think that is democratic? Come on there is more to it than meet the eyes.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 7:01am On May 15, 2020
osazuwa23:
I no this thread is three years old but as an edo bini person i wouldnt want to join either yoruba are igbo one i dont want to be associated with any of there sterotypes that are associated with there name of a country and as a people in gneral. edo state needs to be it own state and country we have are own flag and other languages as well but hopefull the other tribes within the state south south and south east dont betray each other over who owns the land because if that happen this whole civil war will be extremey deadly then 1967-70 between south south and south east remeber there a igbo speaking in edo called agbanke so if edo tryies to push them out biafrians in the east might atatck edo for that land and vise versus

They are not igbos they are Igbanke people. Let's stop marginalizing them. I have been with Igbanke people and they spoke little Bini and claimed to be Edos. And they have the full.right to be Edos if they choose to. You and I know they will never surmount to anything in biafra, they will never be accepted if they foolishly agree to go with biafra
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 8:57am On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Who do you think understand the pain of marginalization more between the igbos and niger delta

If you chase a non indigene to the palace of the oba, as a benin man and the person bern chased enter the oba palace, you as a benin cant touch him anymore be it any tribe....

The oba had ruled his vassal state with respect in the past,

Am not, inspiring for monarchial rule in the mid western country no not all i still prefer democracy or parliamentary system of govt

The part of niger delta can then form a country of thiers
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2020
valirex:

They are not igbos they are Igbanke people. Let's stop marginalizing them. I have been with Igbanke people and they spoke little Bini and claimed to be Edos. And they have the full.right to be Edos if they choose to. You and I know they will never surmount to anything in biafra, they will never be accepted if they foolishly agree to go with biafra

Who said, i totally disagree on this with you the one i meant insulted we edos, and vouched biafra, it was an eyesore that day, he was ranting we were marginalizing them and asked him how? he said we are trying to eradicate thier culture and influence them with benin

I bluntly told him, if you're in edo behave like edo, if you're in igboland behave as one after all we didnt cut you guys to edo state but the federal govt so rant at them or better still since you all claim delta igbo then you all should do all your things to delta state

The guy almost removed my head he never even showed anyform of respect to edo people

I also told him if the ijaws in ondo state speaks and bear yoruba names and yet still identify as ijaw-yoruba then i dont see why the Igbanke are not doing thesame and he was like, you cant compare yoruba pop or influence with that of small benin, then he further brought the minority - majourity talk to explain why they can never be influenced by edo and would never be influenced
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 10:17am On May 15, 2020
Honestly I do not like people who would be enemies within.

At some point people will have to be given a choice to choose where to belong. That includes both Edo Central and Edo North. Igbanke too if they want.

A state of 3 million homogeneous people has a better chance of succeeding than one of 4.5 to 5 million but disunited.

Disunity and lack of common purpose got Nigeria into the pitiable state it's in.

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2020
AreaFada2:
Honestly I do not like people who would be enemies within.

At some point people will have to be given a choice to choose where to belong. That includes both Edo Central and Edo North. Igbanke too if they want.

A state of 3 million homogeneous people has a better chance of succeeding than one of 4.5 to 5 million but disunited.

Disunity and lack of common purpose got Nigeria into the pitiable state it's in.

Definitely

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 10:43am On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:

Who said, i totally disagree on this with you the one i meant insulted we edos, and vouched biafra, it was an eyesore that day, he was ranting we were marginalizing them and asked him how? he said we are trying to eradicate thier culture and influence them with benin

I bluntly told him, if you're in edo behave like edo, if you're in igboland behave as one after all we didnt cut you guys to edo state but the federal govt so rant at them or better still since you all claim delta igbo then you all should do all your things to delta state

The guy almost removed my head he never even showed anyform of respect to edo people

I also told him if the ijaws in ondo state speaks and bear yoruba names and yet still identify as ijaw-yoruba then i dont see why the Igbanke are not doing thesame and he was like, you cant compare yoruba pop or influence with that of small benin, then he further brought the minority - majourity talk to explain why they can never be influenced by edo and would never be influenced

You have a point, they can have their biafra then

2 Likes

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 11:14am On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:

Answer this how will they go when they are surrounded by Edo, take a look at this map

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 11:52am On May 15, 2020
valirex:

Answer this how will they go when they are surrounded by Edo, take a look at this map

Check the map again they are political bounded as edo by thier local govt ovia north east but culturally and geographically they are not edo but delta igbos

I will show you two pictures

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 11:57am On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:

Check the map again they are political bounded as edo by thier local govt ovia north east but culturally and geographically they are not edo but delta igbos

You mean ovia north east are not Edos?
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 12:00pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

You mean ovia north east are not Edos?

I didnt say that am trying to give you the angle view from ovia north east on the location of Igbanke

You map showed little information on thier surrounding neighbour's you claim they are surrounded by edo and i declined by showing you maps showing they are surrounded by igbos
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 12:13pm On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:

I didnt say that am trying to give you the angle view from ovia north east on the location of Igbanke

You map showed little information on thier surrounding neighbour's you claim they are surrounded by edo and i declined by showing you maps showing they are surrounded by igbos

I don't get, are you now implying that ovia North East are Igbos? Be more explanatory you don't talk straight and its confusing
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 12:41pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

I don't get, are you now implying that ovia North East are Igbos? Be more explanatory you don't talk straight and its confusing

Am saying the local govt of igbanke is ovia north east

I never said ovia north east is igbo

I just goggle ovia north east on goggle map to show you the actual location of igbanke
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 12:48pm On May 15, 2020
gregyboy:

Am saying the local govt of igbanke is ovia north east

I never said ovia north east is igbo

I just goggle ovia north east on goggle map to show you the actual location of igbanke

Ok, I get but is it only Igbanke that are in ovia north east and no other Edo tribe?
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by gregyboy(m): 1:26pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

Ok, I get but is it only Igbanke that are in ovia north east and no other Edo tribe?

No, i mean igbanke was included with other benin villages in ovia north east

Ovia north east in benin has many villages
Okada
Oko khuo
Iguobazuwa
Igbanke
And co others

Am just saying igbanke is under ovia north east
I. E political they include them to edo but linguistically they are delta igbos
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 3:50pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

You have a point, but a Biafra with minorities will only reproduce another Nigeria. Delta State coming with Edo doesn't mean the Oba rules them. It will be a United Kingdom just like England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland and Scotland chose to be with England. So what am I saying is when we explain to Itsekiri, Uhorbo and Isoko the confederation plan where they won't be a minority compared to Biafra believe me they will key into this. You know fully well that Biafra only needs their land and before the coming of IPOB this minorities were regarded at "not fully Well Igbos". Biafra and minorities idea is fully political and nothing will make those minorities happier than going with other minorities. To buttress my point take a look at how many minorities have openly rejected Biafra yet IPOB wouldn't stop including them and you think that is democratic? Come on there is more to it than meet the eyes.

I believe for the minorties as said by you, aren't being forced by IPOB. We should term it as over-zealouness. This being, they're kind of zealous of the fact that they told most of their southern people or colleague in the past about this sham called Federal Republic if Nigeria, but in the past they didn't want to key into it.

Presently, some Niger-deltans has now bought the idea, which has made them more inclusive in the fight. If you'll observe most Niger-deltans are divided on the issue of Biafra; which means some want to participate, some on the fence, and others out rightly saying no.

And why the Igbos, wants to key into the south-south states based on the way I observe it. It's because places, especially their neighbourly Niger-deltans, all shared history together, they had the same views and almost cultural sameness. But when Nigeria was made, selfishness became a part and distorted that cultural history.

For the Cross-riverians and Akwa-Ibomites, I guess they do not have a problem in joining Biafra. If the igbos can just have a waterfront for shipping and trade internationally, these states too, would be progressive states. The call for other states by IPOB, is to see reasons for joining and when the referendum comes, then they can make their choice.

And for Britains monarchy, the monarchy is just a " show of power, " it presently does not hold any executive power on Britain but a few. It is English speaking countries around the world that are making the Britain monarchy popular. In Portugal there is a monarchy, Switzerland has a monarch and some other European powers; but who pays attention.

Man is a free creature or being, and to be subjected by monarchy is like being enslaved. And, I guess he wouldn't want it.

The Oba is good, but you won't tell me that's the major reason for Niger-deltans making Niger-deltan republic.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 4:25pm On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

I believe for the minorties as said by you, aren't being forced by IPOB. We should term it as over-zealouness. This being, they're kind of zealous of the fact that they told most of their southern people or colleague in the past about this sham called Federal Republic if Nigeria, but in the past they didn't want to key into it.

Presently, some Niger-deltans has now bought the idea, which has made them more inclusive in the fight. If you'll observe most Niger-deltans are divided on the issue of Biafra; which means some want to participate, some on the fence, and others out rightly saying no.

And why the Igbos, wants to key into the south-south states based on the way I observe it. It's because places, especially their neighbourly Niger-deltans, all shared history together, they had the same views and almost cultural sameness. But when Nigeria was made, selfishness became a part and distorted that cultural history.

For the Cross-riverians and Akwa-Ibomites, I guess they do not have a problem in joining Biafra. If the igbos can just have a waterfront for shipping and trade internationally, these states too, would be progressive states. The call for other states by IPOB, is to see reasons for joining and when the referendum comes, then they can make their choice.

And for Britains monarchy, the monarchy is just a " show of power, " it presently does not hold any executive power on Britain but a few. It is English speaking countries around the world that are making the Britain monarchy popular. In Portugal there is a monarchy, Switzerland has a monarch and some other European powers; but who pays attention.

Man is a free creature or being, and to be subjected by monarchy is like being enslaved. And, I guess he wouldn't want it.

The Oba is good, but you won't tell me that's the major reason for Niger-deltans making Niger-deltan republic.

Well we all agree to disagree, and in these modern time like you say everyone is a free man to make a choice. But lemme tell you that democracy is a scam which leads the current ruler to think about himself alone for the 8yrs he's on that seat and as long as power is concerned that man on that seat if power is your king wether or not you agree, he will steal for himself cos he knows after the 8yrs he's not coming back but the reverse is the case when it comes to a king he is careful not to annoy the people and he knows he should make the nation strong cos he's son is coming to rule after him.

We the Edos will not attempt to force anyone to join us, rather we will advice them to. And if itsekiri, uhorbo and isoko decides to join us we will operate a Confederacy system of government where each side will choose how they want to be governed.

Ask yourself since the Nigerians democracy how many people have ruled this nation from your father's house or rather from your village in particular how much more your region.

Let's face the fact not everyone was born to rule and not everyone will rule. To move a nation forward it's not about you ruling but who's doing the ruling does the right thing otherwise it's gonna be like Nigeria.

You see every election time you see how many people die and how the nation is in chaos for that period this are just a few things Monarchial rule can solve.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

Well we all agree to disagree, and in these modern time like you say everyone is a free man to make a choice. But lemme tell you that democracy is a scam which leads the current ruler to think about himself alone for the 8yrs he's on that seat and as long as power is concerned that man on that seat if power is your king wether or not you agree, he will steal for himself cos he knows after the 8yrs he's not coming back but the reverse is the case when it comes to a king he is careful not to annoy the people and he knows he should make the nation strong cos he's son is coming to rule after him.

We the Edos will not attempt to force anyone to join us, rather we will advice them to. And if itsekiri, uhorbo and isoko decides to join us we will operate a Confederacy system of government where each side will choose how they want to be governed.

Ask yourself since the Nigerians democracy how many people have ruled this nation from your father's house or rather from your village in particular how much more your region.

Let's face the fact not everyone was born to rule and not everyone will rule. To move a nation forward it's not about you ruling but who's doing the ruling does the right thing otherwise it's gonna be like Nigeria.

You see every election time you see how many people die and how the nation is in chaos for that period this are just a few things Monarchial rule can solve.

Now, let me tell you something. Democracy is only meant for a people, who have gone through a struggle, leaving aside cultural or tribal affinities. You can't have democracy if you haven't learnt from the country your pulling out from.

Britain and France had a monarchy, but the governments were ousted, Britian's monarchy was lucky because she quickly learnt from France. France had a revolution, and removed the monarchy.

Preceding that, these countries that had monarchies where held in prejudice, poverty, and subjection. The rulers say was the last say, and if they didn't adhere to it, they were dead, even for flimsy mistakes.

The royals of England were strict Episcopals or Anglicans and they wanted every one to follow suit, if you didn't your head was needed at the stakes. It was that serious. This is the reason the first colonials that set foot in America, were men and women seeking to be free from the religious bigotry of medieval England.

Let's talk on Africa or the Oba now, do you think the Oba would accept freedom or your freedom in all quarters of your life. I don't think so. Coupled with that, he'll add tradition to it, telling you not to come out in certain days because it's his day, or tributes should be offered to him.

A free country is the best, think about it. And don't think when Biafra is making their constitution, it would be only Igbos sitting and deciding on it. In fact everyone, would decide on it. All who took part in the struggle for independence. Then with the constitution laid down and executed, wait in five years and you'll begin to see progress.

1 Like

Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 7:56pm On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Now, let me tell you something. Democracy is only meant for a people, who have gone through a struggle, leaving aside cultural or tribal affinities. You can't have democracy if you haven't learnt from the country your pulling out from.

Britain and France had a monarchy, but the governments were ousted, Britian's monarchy was lucky because she quickly learnt from France. France had a revolution, and removed the monarchy.

Preceding that, these countries that had monarchies where held in prejudice, poverty, and subjection. The rulers say was the last say, and if they didn't adhere to it, they were dead, even for flimsy mistakes.

The royals of England were strict Episcopals or Anglicans and they wanted every one to follow suit, if you didn't your head was needed at the stakes. It was that serious. This is the reason the first colonials that set foot in America, were men and women seeking to be free from the religious bigotry of medieval England.

Let's talk on Africa or the Oba now, do you think the Oba would accept freedom or your freedom in all quarters of your life. I don't think so. Coupled with that, he'll add tradition to it, telling you not to come out in certain days because it's his day, or tributes should be offered to him.

A free country is the best, think about it. And don't think when Biafra is making their constitution, it would be only Igbos sitting and deciding on it. In fact everyone, would decide on it. All who took part in the struggle for independence. Then with the constitution laid down and executed, wait in five years and you'll begin to see progress.
These days most countries operate constitutional monarchy. With a parliament and prime minister under the watchful eye of the King. I think it's the perfect mix. No political leader can become too power drunk. Imagine if Mobutu, Hophuet Boigny and others had a king watching their actions. They would have behaved better.
UK, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Belgium and Japan are successful examples. Monarchy also gave Thailand some stability over the years.

The Oba would be above politics but ready to dismiss any poorly performing govt.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2020
AreaFada2:

These days most countries operate constitutional monarchy. With a parliament and prime minister under the watchful eye of the King. I think it's the perfect mix. No political leader can become too power drunk. Imagine if Mobutu, Hophuet Boigny and others had a king watching their actions. They would have behaved better.
UK, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Spain, Belgium and Japan are successful examples. Monarchy also gave Thailand some stability over the years.

The Oba would be above politics but ready to dismiss any poorly performing govt.

Okay, that's good. But constitutional monarchy has it's ill effect. Let's take Britian for example, people who know Britain well know that development there isn't even. All and everything is concentrated in London. Ever thought why? that's constiitunal monarchy, all those countries you mentioned, development isn't even for them.

And that's because, "who cares a hoot by what the citizens say when we have to develop the place of our King." The Englishmen are accustomed to it, that's why when they go to places like America or all other democratic states they're thrilled of how much freedom they have and the space of development.

The British Aristrocracy only provided the basic amenities of living in all other areas of England ward, and some industries if there are raw materials. And concentrated more on where she is, and that is London.

I don't know of Japan, but I guess that's what's happening there too. All other areas of this constitutional states are farmlands, or industrial complexes if they've got raw produce for manufacturing (no urbanized lifestyle or international companies situated there). I guess most Britons aren't that happy but happy, and that's because the Royal of Britain provided Health insurance and all other things to make life smooth but not that easy for them.

And lastly, when you say most countries operating constitutional monarchy, I beg to defer. It's only a small fraction in the world that practice such system. Check analytics.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by AreaFada2: 8:40pm On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Okay, that's good. But constitutional monarchy has it's ill effect. Let's take Britian for example, people who know Britain well know that development there isn't even. All and everything is concentrated in London. Ever thought why? that's constiitunal monarchy, all those countries you mentioned, development isn't even for them.

And that's because, "who cares a hoot by what the citizens say when we have to develop the place of our King." The Englishmen are accustomed to it, that's why when they go to places like America or all other democratic states they're thrilled of how much freedom they have and the space of development.

The British Aristrocracy only provided the basic amenities of living in all other areas of England ward, and some industries if there are raw materials. And concentrated more on where she is, and that is London.

I don't know of Japan, but I guess that's what's happening there too. All other areas of this constitutional states are farmlands, or industrial complexes if they've got raw produce for manufacturing (no urbanized lifestyle or international companies situated there). I guess most Britons aren't that happy but happy, and that's because the Royal of Britain provided Health insurance and all other things to make life smooth but not that easy for them.

And lastly, when you say most countries operating constitutional monarchy, I beg to defer. It's only a small fraction in the world that practice such system. Check analytics.
Actually, no country has even development. Not even USA. France has no no monarchy for over 220 years. Only Scandinavian countries have more even development and almost all are monarchies. Size of a country matters. Germany with also a more even development is due to true Federalism where Federal govt supports poorer states partly funded by richer states.
Capital cities housing the govt are typically developed. Abuja is already more developed than many ancient Nigerian cities.

London grew through trade with Hanseatic and other traders over many centuries. Also political capital, cultural and key commercial centre for centuries now. It wasn't developed for the King.

The Queen's favourites residences are Windsor and Belmoral. Both outside London. One even in Scotland.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 9:07pm On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

You're funny, democracy isn't different from monarchial rule if you doubt it go on air and insult buhari. Secondly you say he will tell us not to come out on certain days? We love it that way we have lived like that for centuries and we survived and we're happy so we don't see anything wrong with it. The so called democratic country you live in now has it's less too which is threatening the lives of your people.

The other day your people chased Fulani who had settled in your Forest out, how did they migrate there? Through democracy.

Last year they wanted to impose Ruga on the south but we rejected it and threats started coming in, what gave them the right to suggest Ruga? Democracy.

Democracy is not for everyone and it would do everyone well to follow the government that's suites them.

The Oba is supreme as far as Edo is concerned but yet he has laws which he must follow. So don't be worried about us for we are in good hands. But here is a question for you, how will the minorities control your Igbo people from over populating their lands for instance if they pass a law according to you it's a confederation, so if a law is passed banning non indigines from acquiring lands how will the igbos react?
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 9:17pm On May 15, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Bro you're not straight with your write up, you told me UK Monarchy doesn't have executive power but here you're implying otherwise.

I will advise you to stop worrying about the form of government we choose and let's join hands to free ourselves from this contraption and go our different ways while still being close allies and not meddle with each other's internal affairs
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 11:02pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

Bro you're not straight with your write up, you told me UK Monarchy doesn't have executive power but here you're implying otherwise.

I will advise you to stop worrying about the form of government we choose and let's join hands to free ourselves from this contraption and go our different ways while still being close allies and not meddle with each other's internal affairs
Thats not what I said, you don't want to understand me.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 11:11pm On May 15, 2020
valirex:

You're funny, democracy isn't different from monarchial rule if you doubt it go on air and insult buhari. Secondly you say he will tell us not to come out on certain days? We love it that way we have lived like that for centuries and we survived and we're happy so we don't see anything wrong with it. The so called democratic country you live in now has it's less too which is threatening the lives of your people.

The other day your people chased Fulani who had settled in your Forest out, how did they migrate there? Through democracy.

Last year they wanted to impose Ruga on the south but we rejected it and threats started coming in, what gave them the right to suggest Ruga? Democracy.

Democracy is not for everyone and it would do everyone well to follow the government that's suites them.

The Oba is supreme as far as Edo is concerned but yet he has laws which he must follow. So don't be worried about us for we are in good hands. But here is a question for you, how will the minorities control your Igbo people from over populating their lands for instance if they pass a law according to you it's a confederation, so if a law is passed banning non indigines from acquiring lands how will the igbos react?

Nigeria isn't a democracy. I do know you've heard activist and the likes, saying this is "Nigerian federalism." This isn't perfect democracy, and if we talk about that, we would stay here for a long while.
And for the land aspect, I believe is only stark illiterates that believe all an Igbo man wants is land. That's absurd. If they wanted land before pre-colonialism they would have been land mongers, looking for land to loot.
At least, you'll agree they had the fire power, Onitsha, Enugu-Ukwu, Arochukwu and the rest where there, with their spears and guns.

They would have taken the opportunity to ransack other lands, and I guess that was the Obas motive, when he attacked Kogi (inikpi saved them) then he started conquering all other lands that make up Ijaw, Urhobo and the rest.

Now, if you say its because of Crude oil, that's why Igbo's want Niger-delta land, then why do they want all other places that do not have oil (think about it) in the Niger-delta, pesurading them to make a stand.

And by the way, 98% of Igbos are knowledgable and they know Oil is a renewable resource. If the oil is gone, what would you offer. Then we would be on the level like Liberia or more worse. So think about it.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 1:43am On May 16, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Nigeria isn't a democracy. I do know you've heard activist and the likes, saying this is "Nigerian federalism." This isn't perfect democracy, and if we talk about that, we would stay here for a long while.
And for the land aspect, I believe is only stark illiterates that believe all an Igbo man wants is land. That's absurd. If they wanted land before pre-colonialism they would have been land mongers, looking for land to loot.
At least, you'll agree they had the fire power, Onitsha, Enugu-Ukwu, Arochukwu and the rest where there, with their spears and guns.

They would have taken the opportunity to ransack other lands, and I guess that was the Obas motive, when he attacked Kogi (inikpi saved them) then he started conquering all other lands that make up Ijaw, Urhobo and the rest.

Now, if you say its because of Crude oil, that's why Igbo's want Niger-delta land, then why do they want all other places that do not have oil (think about it) in the Niger-delta, pesurading them to make a stand.

And by the way, 98% of Igbos are knowledgable and they know Oil is a renewable resource. If the oil is gone, what would you offer. Then we would be on the level like Liberia or more worse. So think about it.

If we are to talk about pre-colonial igbos fire power we will definitely stay here for long because all the kingdoms and tribes surrounding the Igobs were not weak either that the igobs will easily over power. Let me not go into the Bini kingdom's fire power either cos it will take up pages. I don't think igbos want people's land I know they want access to sea that's fact. As for Nigeria, Biafra and Bini Kingdom they will operate on different types of government so my dear friend worry not about my people and I for the God that has kept us safe since 40BC will continue to keep us safe till eternity.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 1:45am On May 16, 2020
Eberejesus111:

Thats not what I said, you don't want to understand me.

For us to understand ourselves it's best we don't meddle in each other internal affairs. You don't see Edos telling IPOB that their form of government is not going to work undecided

Support is what Biafra and Bini should exchange and not corrections. Your wrong might be my right and my wrong might be your right
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 6:37am On May 16, 2020
gregyboy:

stop this. You are not more Edo than him, we've the same claim.

Don't mind those few irrelevant iPob claiming igbanke, they've never left their state of origin.

Igbanke like esan Benin Ora are Edo people.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 7:15am On May 16, 2020
Igbosmoker:
stop this. You are not more Edo than him, we've the same claim.

Don't mind those few irrelevant iPob claiming igbanke, they've never left their state of origin.

Igbanke like esan Benin Ora are Edo people.

Lol
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 16, 2020
valirex:

If we are to talk about pre-colonial igbos fire power we will definitely stay here for long because all the kingdoms and tribes surrounding the Igobs were not weak either that the igobs will easily over power. Let me not go into the Bini kingdom's fire power either cos it will take up pages. I don't think igbos want people's land I know they want access to sea that's fact. As for Nigeria, Biafra and Bini Kingdom they will operate on different types of government so my dear friend worry not about my people and I for the God that has kept us safe since 40BC will continue to keep us safe till eternity.

No, thats were you got it wrong, Igbo had powerful states, but most of them were independent states and they respected their neighbors. Don't you know is was because of this respect that the Oba or Ewaure at that period had the courage to colonize an igbo independent state, which is the Anioma. Because, most of the Igbo felt is not my country or clan, why should I care.

Is when Nigeria was made, and the British colonials came, that the Igbo unity started to spring up. I would like to say, the Igbos were stereotyped in their thought in these period, because they felt in their geo-spatial zone, they were the basic fact or country, but when Nigeria was made, they found out "Oh! There are still more people around us, and all who speak the same language are the same tribe.' Then we Igbos are the same tribe, no longer independent states."

If the Igbos were practicing Monarchy like North, west and Midwest. Then History would have been another story, if you get my point.
Re: If Nigeria Divide Today, Does Delta And Edo State Has A Place With Yoruba/igbo by valirex: 1:11pm On May 16, 2020
Eberejesus111:

No, thats were you got it wrong, Igbo had powerful states, but most of them were independent states and they respected their neighbors. Don't you know is was because of this respect that the Oba or Ewaure at that period had the courage to colonize an igbo independent state, which is the Anioma. Because, most of the Igbo felt is not my country or clan, why should I care.

Is when Nigeria was made, and the British colonials came, that the Igbo unity started to spring up. I would like to say, the Igbos were stereotyped in their thought in these period, because they felt in their geo-spatial zone, they were the basic fact or country, but when Nigeria was made, they found out "Oh! There are still more people around us, and all who speak the same language are the same tribe.' Then we Igbos are the same tribe, no longer independent states."

If the Igbos were practicing Monarchy like North, west and Midwest. Then History would have been another story, if you get my point.

Please spare me this history fabrication, no matter how you respect a person you won't let him encroach on your land, am not going to go into where the present Onitcha people came from but I will tell you Bini was a super power at that time and that was what made it easy for Bini to colonize Onitcha.
Aside all this you should also know Onitcha was practicing monarchial rule so tell me why history didn't change? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Alaye Of Ayedun Ekiti Dies At 101 / Nembe people of Bayelsa are Igbos / Do You Consider Somalis Black?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.