Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? (5148 Views)

How Long Does It Take To Get A Driving License? / Why Air Conditioner Stop Chilling When You Refilled It in Nigeria? / See How Long It Takes The World’s Richest People To Pay Off Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 16, 2017
since i bought my Golf 4 in January,i just refilled it today never fill a car ac before,guys how long can it last?
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 17, 2017
Whizpeter:
Normally, except there's a leakage somewhere or a fault, your AC MAY not need refilling for a verrrrrrry long time.

Hope you checked for leakage before refilling?
yes i did,the guys said my Ac is ok
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by smellingmenses: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
dancok:
yes i did,the guys said my Ac is ok
What kind of oil did you put? Why did you refill it?
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by mosbus: 7:57pm On Jun 19, 2017
Your car ac can last you for years,pending if there is no leakage.
But by standard even if there's no leakage you need to change your gas every 3 years reason is the strength of the gas will be weak bcuz it has changed so many stages.
Pls don't learn that practice of toping gas,the best to do is drain off all the gas and refill
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2017
mosbus:
But by standard even if there's no leakage you need to change your gas every 3 years reason is the strength of the gas will be weak bcuz it has changed so many stages.
Pls don't learn that practice of toping gas,the best to do is drain off all the gas and refill
thanks
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by earthrealm(m): 5:25am On Jun 20, 2017
mosbus:

not true!!!!!, lies kazeems used to rip people off,

back to your question
without leaks the gas shud last the lifetime of the car >15yrs, with leaks from 3days to 3months, remember to add some refrigrant oil when adding refrigrant.
best thing is to trace and correct the leaks, vacuum and refill
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by smellingmenses: 9:59am On Jun 20, 2017
earthrealm:

back to your question
without leaks the gas shud last the lifetime of the car >15yrs, with leaks from 3days to 3months, remember to add some refrigrant oil when adding refrigrant.
Mosbus is no liar.

1 Like

Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 20, 2017
earthrealm:

back to your question
i don't think these guyd add any oil o,is it necessary ?
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by earthrealm(m): 11:28am On Jun 21, 2017
dancok:
i don't think these guyd add any oil o,is it necessary ?

well it depends on the type of refrigrant they used, some come with oil added, some pure gas.
adding a lil oil is necessary cos you loose some amount of oil as the gas escapes from the leaks.
you should be fine if they are using the refrigrant that comes with oil
Re: How Long Can A Car Ac Last When Refilled? by princecemo(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2020
Now available
Johnsens Gas with sealant
Seals minor leakages

Now 4500Naira

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Es300 Vs Lexus Es330 / Driving a New Tokunbo Car From Lagos To Abuja / Chrysler Pacifica Dash Board Display Horrible!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.