Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

How Do I Become A Charted Accountant - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Become A Charted Accountant (4829 Views)

5 Solid Disadvantages Of Marrying An Accountant / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant / How Do I Become A Member Of The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by a11033: 11:26pm On Jan 23, 2010
Can someone tell me how to become a charted accountant in Nigeria? Currently finished courses for HND in accounting from ESUT Enugu and I want to further my education to become a Charted Accountant. I dont mind if it is a private or public university or program. Please refer me to a website or someone I should talk to. Thanks
You can email me at mecussd2004@yahoo.com
Thank you
Re: How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by ritze(m): 11:28am On Jan 24, 2010
Hey Mr
We are not goons here
Or are you kind of confused?
you finished HND from a university (esut).(i stand to be corrected if am missing something)
you dont mind if it is a university or poly or program
how do you mean?
if you are a graduate of accounting, you dont need to ask this question
Anyway
to be a charetred accountant, you can go for ACCA or ICAN
they are not poly or programme.its a body.
navigate through nairaland cleverly and you ld get all the ihfo you need

BR//
Re: How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by aieromon(m): 8:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
Learn how to spell correctly the word ''charted'' and i'll fill you in grin grin
You went through school and you ain't never heard of ICAN or ACCA undecided
Re: How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by samexangel(m): 11:27pm On Jan 24, 2010
I think people should start showing a measure of courtesy and respect for a fellow nairalander.
This gentleman need a very important information about something pertaining to his life and some people think the best thing to do is to yab him. That is not fair, nobody is an island of knowledge.

Now on your question
Basically I know of two routes to becoming a chartered accountant in Nigeria.
1. ICAN
2. ACCA
Being an HND holder couple with some other benefits I will advise you go for ACCA. This is because ACCA will give you opportunity of getting a Bsc in Applied accounting from one of the best universities in UK i.e. Oxford Brookes university.
Moreover, ACCA is more flexible and recognised GLOBALLY.
It is very easy to register for ACCA. You can check up the details at www.accaglobal.com or give me a call if u need more explanation or any other thing.

Re: How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by mayorde(m): 12:04pm On Jan 28, 2010
go to www.ican-ngr.org to get more information. ACCA is better if you can afford it,ICAN is not as expensive as ACCA and well recognised as well.
Re: How Do I Become A Charted Accountant by Yoighaman(m): 4:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
so why are ICAN exams more rigorous or has the standard fallen?

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Ideal Work Place? / Osun Staff Audit Disrupted As UNIOSUN Workers Accuse Consultant Of Assault / How To Work Effectively And Efficiently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.