Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Isoken The Movie (2017) – Movie Review - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Isoken The Movie (2017) – Movie Review (1360 Views)

City People 2017 Movie Awards Nomination List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Isoken The Movie (2017) – Movie Review by reviewnaija: 4:15am On Jun 17, 2017
In one word, Isoken The Movie was underwhelming. If I had to use other words, I’d say the movie was boring, very slow, somewhat predictable, but educative.

I’m no movie critic so I won’t start going into details about the plot, scenes, etc. Rather, I’ll explain what I liked along with some of the issues I had with the movie. Caution: major spoilers ahead! Now is the time to stop reading if you’re yet to see the movie!

What I liked:

1). The movie was quite educative and helpful in portraying the family and societal pressure most naija ladies go through when they are getting older and haven’t married. I particularly liked that the movie had some educative scenes.

Two come to mind.

The first was when a bunch of guys and their girlfriends were gathered and one of the guys ignorantly joked that they’d leave the girls to discuss asoebi. Isoke quickly replied saying “oh, because we are women all you think we’d talk about is asoebi?”; definitely my kind of girl! The second scene was when Isoken called off her wedding at the pre-wedding dinner. My takeaway from that is that it’s never too late! I so loved that her character did this…like the babe saw the signs and fled!! Don’t get me wrong oh, she should have spoken up earlier, but I’m glad she didn’t go through with the wedding.

2). I loved that Isoken’s dad was very supportive despite her mum’s resistance. His character should definitely get something this father’s day….lol.

3). Overall acting was decent; well done to the actors and actresses! And I found some of the scenes pretty funny.

4). I LOVED Isoken’s outfits!!

5). This one is just jara, but almost all my favs from Skinny Girl in Transit were part of the Isoken cast.

What I didn’t like:...click here to read more -> https://www.reviewnaija.com/reviews/isoken-the-movie-review/

(1) (Reply)

Startimes Announces Daily Subscription In Nigeria From Nov 1. / Goliath : A Must Watch TV Series (REVIEW) / VIDEO: Bbnaija Angel Scratches Kpekus And Mast*rbates On Live Reality Show (+18)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.