Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. (2591 Views)

Ejike Asiegbu Plans Feature Film On The Life Of Ojukwu / 1st African Television Channel In Toronto, Canada / Casting Call In Toronto Canada : Low Budget Independent Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. by goldenson(m): 9:29am On Jan 24, 2010
An Independent film production company based in Toronto, Canada is currently casting for the lead actor and actress roles. The film will be shot in Toronto, Canada by middle of march, 2010.

The roles are:

1: Joyce: 25-35 Years old Nigerian Female. About 5-7" tall and in good shape. Could be light or dark skinned. Speaks very good English while still maintaining their original Nigerian accent.

2: Paul: 30-38 years old Nigerian Male. About 5-11" and Up. Should be athletic due to a chase scene in the film. Though, being very fit is not a huge requirement. He should be able to speak good English with their original Nigerian accent.

The story is about the dramatic struggles of a Nigerian couple living in the US, trying to fit in against all odds. Joyce Character is the main character in the film while Paul is playing her supportive husband.

Acting experience is a definite requirement due to the fact that 95% of the movie will be made up of mostly US and Canadian experienced cast members.

Please send your pictures and resume with details or links of your previous works to galorefilms@yahoo.com . Please, kindly list all the movies you have been in and what roles you played. Also remember to include your contact cell phone number and emails in the same correspondence.

Thanks
Re: Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. by Nobody: 2:53am On Jan 25, 2010
is there no casting agents wherever you live? what about the zillions of model/acting agencies in 9ja?

since the film will be shot in Canada would the chosen person have to pay anything before she gets flown to Canada and shoot the movie?

dont you have any other contact than this yahoo address as GALORE FILM doesnt exist!
website, companys address etc?

can you give us the location, date and time of the casting for this movie in Canada?

your ad sounds and looks fishy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. by goldenson(m): 5:29am On Jan 25, 2010
Guy, there are so many ways to get your point across without being rude about it.

So, to answer some of your question which I missed out in my earlier post; No, you do not have to pay a dime to anyone in order to be considered for a part. We are trying to make a movie here so I don't know what you are insinuating here. I never mentioned anything about money in my post, so for you to even suggest a thing like thing baffles me. Maybe you are not aware of it but there are a lot of people living in North America that visit this site. So this post is targeted to them as well. We opened a new email in order to avoid spam to our regular emails.

The casting is for a Canadian based company, Alpha Galore Inc. The production is in pre-production and we are looking to go to camera by march 2010. Casting is in Toronto, Canada and the date is not yet determined but all interested parties will be notified appropriately. Also, we list our casting needs with different agencies and we choose to list our casting call wherever we feel like. I hope that's not a crime here.

For now, I hope I've answered some of your questions. If you have further questions, please do so in a civilized manner.
Re: Casting Call For Feature Film In Toronto, Canada. by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 25, 2010
please read my post again and let me know where i was rude. . . . . .  or is asking questions being rude to you?

from your second post i can clearly see that your ad is nonsense and i am still wondering what is the aim.
i can clearly state that you have absolutely no idea of the movie industry and how it works to find casts for a movie.

you wrote:
Also, we choose the list our casting wherever we want.
this little phrase makes me understand that you have NO KNOWLEDGE of the movie industry.

a casting has nothing to do with if you want or not to advertise for it, castings are about finding the perfect person for the role, thus a person who is willing to do a movie will have a casting to bring as much people as possible to their locations until they find the perfect actor for the part advertised.
no professional experience person would put only ads on forums as the only mean to find actors and expect people to send their life details(unless you want to rob their informations for scams)

i understand that you are trying to find extra people on NL, what i want to know is where is the casting at?
are you the one who is going to choose who get the part or will it be the director after searching through the hundreds of people who came to the casting?

you said it yourself that there are parts for both black and white actors so my question is the following:
pls, give us the details of the location, date and time of the casting for this movie (if there is any).

The casting is for a Canadian based company, Alpha Galore Inc. The production is in pre-production and we are looking to go to camera by march 2010. Casting is in Toronto, Canada and the date is not yet determined but all interested parties will be notified appropriately. Also, we list our casting needs with different agencies

you added this little part after i had replied to the previous post so i will let you know that:

if this movie is in pre production then there will be a title for it. is it possible to know the title?
are you insinuating that the movie is ready to be shot but you have not found the right cast yet?

with lack of professionalism like this,i guess this is a Nollywood movie shot in Canada.

are you saying that you will only give details of the casting to certain people?! i thought you were looking for actors?! if you can advertise for it on NL then i dont see where is the problem in giving us the details of the casting call? or maybe you are afraid that TOO MANY people come to your castings. . . . . . . LOL, thats the aim of any casting!

i am just trying to make sure that you are genuine, dont ge offended, only a scammer will have something to hide.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Download Step Up Revolution / Torrent Grabbers, EZTV Has Moved To A New Domain / Channels Television - Nigeria's Award Winning Television Station

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.