Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,468 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why (1663 Views)

Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / Please I Need An Advice On The Type Of Engine Oil, I Can Use For My Toyota Camry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
i service it in January,have top the oil with about 3 litre after,pls what could cause it.
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by skedman(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
dancok:
i service it in January,have top the oil with about 3 litre after,pls what could cause it.
i am afraid,the engine is gradually depreciating and beside the normal servicing period should be 3month depending on the maker of the engine oil
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by sooperrescue(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
What brand of car and what oil are you using
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by dokiOloye(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2017
Park d car overnight in a dry surface and then,either move it a little or bend down to check if their is oil droppings on d ground which would suggest a leakage.
Is Ur car 'smoking',esp blue smoke?That would suggest ur car is burning a mixture of fuel and oil wc signifies a weak engine.
Then some cars a known to short oil wtout any fault(I think Camry 2007-2009 or so) though not as heavily as yours.
Wait small,our ogas @ d top go soon show to give more probable causes.
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2017
skedman:
i am afraid,the engine is gradually depreciating and beside the normal servicing period should be 3month depending on the maker of the engine oil
A-Z oil,20w50
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
sooperrescue:
What brand of car and what oil are you using
Golf 4 sir, and the oil is A-z 20w50
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jun 17, 2017
dokiOloye:
Park d car overnight in a dry surface and then,either move it a little or bend down to check if their is oil droppings on d ground which would suggest a leakage.
Is Ur car 'smoking',esp blue smoke?That would suggest ur car is burning a mixture of fuel and oil wc signifies a weak engine.
Then some cars a known to short oil wtout any fault(I think Camry 2007-2009 or so) though not as heavily as yours.
Wait small,our ogas @ d top go soon show to give more probable causes.
the car doesn't smoke at all,about the oil dropping on the ground,yes it drop but very little,very little in quantity not that much at all.
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by honmusa(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2017
dancok:
the car doesn't smoke at all,about the oil dropping on the ground,yes it drop but very little,very little in quantity not that much at all.
If there is no external leak then there is internal leak.You are losing the oil tru the combustion chamber cos there is already tear and wear .The wrong oil (20W50) that u are using has caused its damage to the engine .#stoptheuseof20w50.
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by sooperrescue(m): 7:02am On Jun 18, 2017
dancok:
Golf 4 sir, and the oil is A-z 20w50

The oil is too heavy for the car. You should change the oil to the recommended oil asap
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2017
honmusa:

If there is no external leak then there is internal leak.You are losing the oil tru the combustion chamber cos there is already tear and wear .The wrong oil (20W50) that u are using has caused its damage to the engine .#stoptheuseof20w50.
that is what my mechanic use and some people here who is using golf 4 too said that's what they use and that oil is good for the car.
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 18, 2017
sooperrescue:

The oil is too heavy for the car. You should change the oil to the recommended oil asap
pls what is the recommended oil?
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by diportivo: 1:29pm On Jun 18, 2017
dancok:
that is what my mechanic use and some people here who is using golf 4 too said that's what they use and that oil is good for the car.

ur mechanic

plus those other people have assisted you in putting ur engine at risk

ur car need 5w30 oil

even that a-z is low quality 20w50

BTW,is it idowu that fixes ur car for u
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 18, 2017
diportivo:

ur mechanic
plus those other people have assisted you in putting ur engine at risk
ur car need 5w30 oil
even that a-z is low quality 20w50
BTW,is it idowu that fixes ur car for u
no
Re: Pls My Car Usually Shot Oil,i Don't Know Why by honmusa(m): 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2017
dancok:
What is funny is that those people and the mechanic will not be their to contribute kobo for purchase of new people engine ,hence is it your responsibility to aspire to make the necessary research about what is good for your engine.

(1) (Reply)

Your Take On 2010 Passat Cc / Which Coolant For Rx330? / I Want To Start Car Dealerships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.