Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. (10558 Views)

You Can Produce Lubricants, Printing Inks, Auto Car Paints Etc In Nigeria / Pls How Much Is Castrol Oil 5lit Or Visco 5lit? 20-50 Rating. / ₦572m Volkner Mobil Motorhome That Comes With Hydraulic Supercar Garage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 20, 2019
Comments.
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by laiza(m): 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2019
Mobil is still the safest
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Arysexy(m): 5:10pm On Jul 20, 2019
I use Total and it has been serving me for d past 5 years.

See engine, no sludge. Changes oil every 3 months

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by jesmond3945: 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2019
They both buy from the same source.
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2019
Arysexy:
I use Total and it has been serving me for d past 5 years.

See engine, no sludge. Changes oil every 3 months

Not to rain on your parade o .. I doubt your engine and oil has pass the stress test.. Keep in mind my car has been on the uber platform for over two years ...meaning over two years of constant usage.. Stop and go, long hours in traffic, dust etc.. You can't never compare commercial use to private use .
Also I do oil change every 12k miles and plus the cost of oil filter my total cost is about 20k Naira every 12k miles... now my assumption is that your oil is conventional oil , which will not be cost effective for commercial usage o ..... My oil will greatly serve is purpose for all brands of cars ..meaning expensive cars with high cost of engine replacement. With your type of oil I wouldn't use on expensive cars ....but the point is when it comes to engine oil, there is levels to this sh*t ......Am team USA spec Mobil 1 all day ......

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2019
jesmond3945:
They both buy from the same source.

One thing is buying from the same source ,another is refining ,testing adding additives and having the final product pass or exceed quality standard.. Most of the oil sold or brought in for Nigerian market will not pass USA standard.... The American engine oil market is very competitive... So you have to follow strict rules to pass their standard ..

5 Likes

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 8:19pm On Jul 20, 2019
laiza:
Mobil is still the safest

Yes and No.. Yes meaning that USA Mobil 1 spec goes through rigorous test and millions of dollars spend on research..

No... unfortunately third world countries are dumping ground for most of these companies low quality product.. Engine oil made for third world countries are made according to what the companies can get away with quality control is not effectively force to ensure that the best product are coming in ...same goes for cars.. American spec cars are more desirable in most developing or develop countries .. E.g. American spec Toyota. Kia ,Hyundai cars etc .. But for me when it comes to Benz I rather buy straight from Germany... that is another topic for another day o

PS.. Another example that came to mind. Nigeria fuel will not pass international standard .. If you know, you know

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by jesmond3945: 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2019
dru23:

One thing is buying from the same source ,another is refining ,testing adding additives and having the final product pass or exceed quality standard.. Most of the oil sold or brought in for Nigerian market will not pass USA standard.... The American engine oil market is very competitive... So you have to follow strict rules to pass their standard ..

i am telling you that they buy from afton chemicals. The job of mobil is to refine and sell crude oil. Then sell raw materials to afton chemicals who produce engine oil for them.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

Yes and No.. Yes meaning that USA Mobil 1 spec goes through rigorous test and millions of dollars spend on research..

No... unfortunately third world countries are dumping ground for most of these companies low quality product.. Engine oil made for third world countries are made according to what the companies can get away with quality control is not effectively force to ensure that the best product are coming in ...same goes for cars.. American spec cars are more desirable in most developing or develop countries .. E.g. American spec Toyota. Kia ,Hyundai cars etc .. But for me when it comes to Benz I rather buy straight from Germany... that is another topic for another day o

PS.. Another example that came to mind. Nigeria fuel will not pass international standard .. If you know, you know
do u sell 20-50? How much?
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 1:54am On Jul 21, 2019
dancok:
do u sell 20-50? How much?

Nope I don't sell.. ..I never came across any type of cars that uses that..
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

Nope I don't sell.. ..I never came across any type of cars that uses that..
i saw Mobil importer on ur signature.
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 2:08am On Jul 21, 2019
dancok:
i saw Mobil importer on ur signature.

Yes I sell Mobil ,but the oil grade u ask for ,I don't sell that grade .And honestly I dont known any cars that uses them .. The oil grades in demand are 5w30, 5w20, and at times 0w40 ,0w 20.. Next week I will have 5w30 for sale and oil filters

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Coldplay007(f): 4:36am On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

Yes I sell Mobil ,but the oil grade u ask for ,I don't sell that grade .And honestly I dont known any cars that uses them .. The oil grades in demand are 5w30, 5w20, and at times 0w40 ,0w 20.. Next week I will have 5w30 for sale and oil filters

This Prestone, how safe is it? I hope it doesnt turn to fufu inside the radiator
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 4:48am On Jul 21, 2019
Coldplay007:

This Prestone, how safe is it? I hope it doesnt turn to fufu inside the radiator

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

haba, are u not in Nigeria? That's what we use o, that ones u mentioning is expensive here, u can check for that 20-50.

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by weyreypey: 3:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
dancok:
haba, are u not in Nigeria? That's what we use o, that ones u mentioning is expensive here, u can check for that 20-50.
Ko jasi ni

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 9:14pm On Jul 21, 2019
dancok:

Bro ,am not base in Nigeria o. I import those products in. I have a few cars on uber platform... and my cars were constantly having engine issue.. I than discovered that it was the oil they were using. The engine were covered with sludge.. I than ask my than manager of my cars at that time ...what oil do you use he said Total oil 5k naira. He said he buys total or Mobil for 5k and pours it inside.....by that time I had to replace some of my cars and in Nigeria terms ' ring' one of the engine.. It was a total disaster and almost ruin bankrupt my business..
So I went into research mode ,and I found out each car has its own grade eg 5w30, 0w20, 5w20, etc .. You can find the oil grade on the oil cap of the engine.. Through research I found out nigerians car owners are very clue less. Most dont read the owners manual or even look at oil cap. They just go and buy any type of oil and pour inside their car .. So I decided to look for the best oil for my uber cars .. That is when I came across Mobil 1 oil. So I than started importing Mobil 1 for my uber cars .. And I was highly impress with the performance of the oil ,that I started selling them to my fellow uber partners ... the oil might look expensive now, but you save cost in the long run..

Below is the engine of one of my uber cars.. I use the special Mobil 1 called extended performance .. The oil is good for 15k miles interval .. But I only 12k miles ,meaning I change my oil every 12k miles. You can see how protected my engine is. This car 08 Elantra has been on uber platform for two years plus.. Mobil 1 extended Performace has done a great job keeping the engine running ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Coldplay007(f): 9:30pm On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

How much is 1 gallon
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 10:15pm On Jul 21, 2019
Coldplay007:

How much is 1 gallon

10k for coolant and oil is 17k for 5liters

2 Likes

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

Bro ,am not base in Nigeria o. I import those products in. I have a few cars on uber platform... and my cars were constantly having engine issue.. I than discovered that it was the oil they were using. The engine were covered with sludge.. I than ask my than manager of my cars at that time ...what oil do you use he said Total oil 5k naira. He said he buys total or Mobil for 5k and pours it inside.....by that time I had to replace some of my cars and in Nigeria terms ' ring' one of the engine.. It was a total disaster and almost ruin bankrupt my business..
So I went into research mode ,and I found out each car has its own grade eg 5w30, 0w20, 5w20, etc .. You can find the oil grade on the oil cap of the engine.. Through research I found out nigerians car owners are very clue less. Most dont read the owners manual or even look at oil cap. They just go and buy any type of oil and pour inside their car .. So I decided to look for the best oil for my uber cars .. That is when I came across Mobil 1 oil. So I than started importing Mobil 1 for my uber cars .. And I was highly impress with the performance of the oil ,that I started selling them to my fellow uber partners ... the oil might look expensive now, but you save cost in the long run..

Below is the engine of one of my uber cars.. I use the special Mobil 1 called extended performance .. The oil is good for 15k miles interval .. But I only 12k miles ,meaning I change my oil every 12k miles. You can see how protected my engine is. This car 08 Elantra has been on uber platform for two years plus.. Mobil 1 extended Performace has done a great job keeping the engine running ...
that manager na something else, maybe he buys from road side, bro to expand ur oil business and make every Nigerian buy from you! get us cheaper oil in that ur America, like 5k oil which is 20w-50 grade biko! I like u already, i don't know how a visa look like, i dey drive my car jeje for naija here hoping for better tomorrow,i no fit buy 17k oil. Hmmm

3 Likes

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 21, 2019
dru23:

Oga Dru, can this Mobil1 work for Ford Mondeo?
Its hard to get the Motorcraft 5W-20 Ford synthetic Oil in Lagos. The car is a business venture abeg
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by weyreypey: 6:48am On Jul 22, 2019
dancok:
that manager na something else, maybe he buys from road side, bro to expand ur oil business and make every Nigerian buy from you! get us cheaper oil in that ur America, like 5k oil which is 20w-50 grade biko! I like u already, i don't know how a visa look like, i dey drive my car jeje for naija here hoping for better tomorrow,i no fit buy 17k oil. Hmmm
Na so my guy

4 Likes

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 8:05am On Jul 22, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

Oga Dru, can this Mobil1 work for Ford Mondeo?
Its hard to get the Motorcraft 5W-20 Ford synthetic Oil in Lagos. The car is a business venture abeg

Mobil 1 is one of the best engine oil in the market.. And yes Mobil 1 5w20 will wrk perfectly for ur car ..But do to high demand am out of 5w20.. I only have 5w30 which be arriving during the week
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 8:11am On Jul 22, 2019
dancok:

My brother good things dont come cheap at all .. The Mobil 1 extended performance I sell for 17k is below market price.. I dont know how long I can keep selling at that price.. But at the same time I should be getting something abit cheaper than Mobil 1 soon, it is full synethic oil not as excellent as Mobil 1 ,but it will get the job done.. So please tune

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dicksonadams(m): 8:25am On Jul 22, 2019
dru23:

My brother good things dont come cheap at all .. The Mobil 1 extended performance I sell for 17k is below market price.. I dont know how long I can keep selling at that price.. But at the same time I should be getting something abit cheaper than Mobil 1 soon, it is full synethic oil not as excellent as Mobil 1 ,but it will get the job done.. So please tune

Looking forward to that boss

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2019
dicksonadams:

Looking forward to that boss

Yes o .. Working on it

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by dru23(m): 9:19am On Jul 22, 2019
dancok:

Wetin my eye see for that manager... na learning experience, what doesn't kill you ,can only make u stronger .... I have covered that experience on a different post.. My brother when I say learning experience, I mean it with capital letters
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by ITbomb(m): 3:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
Marketers don take over the thread.
As for me and my car, we use Total 7000 for Hyundai

1 Like

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by samadex2007: 7:58pm On Jul 22, 2019
Valvoline Full Synthetic, still the best oil thus far.

Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
dru23:

ok, i will wait.
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by weyreypey: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
dancok:
ok, i will wait.
Oga buy MRS FULL SYNTHETIC OIL 5W40
Re: Mobil Or Total, Which Produce Good Oil.. I Use 20-50 Though. by timifakay(m): 6:34am On Jul 23, 2019
dru23:

Not to rain on your parade o .. I doubt your engine and oil has pass the stress test.. Keep in mind my car has been on the uber platform for over two years ...meaning over two years of constant usage.. Stop and go, long hours in traffic, dust etc.. You can't never compare commercial use to private use .
Also I do oil change every 12k miles and plus the cost of oil filter my total cost is about 20k Naira every 12k miles... now my assumption is that your oil is conventional oil , which will not be cost effective for commercial usage o ..... My oil will greatly serve is purpose for all brands of cars ..meaning expensive cars with high cost of engine replacement. With your type of oil I wouldn't use on expensive cars ....but the point is when it comes to engine oil, there is levels to this sh*t ......Am team USA spec Mobil 1 all day ......

Wait first.
Who ask you question?

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Honda Accord.... Beast On The Road / New Drivers' License Requires Medical Verification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.