Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:48 AM

Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help (2792 Views)

Five Reasons For False-positive Pregnancy Tests / Second Baby From A Uterus Transplant Born In The U.S.(Photos) / How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 7:24pm On Jun 17, 2017
pls. doctors in the house, a friend of mine needs your advice. she discovered she was pregnant last week using pt strip. but went for u/s today only to be told that there is nothing in her womb that she is not pregnant, though no abnormality was found. she did another urine test and the test was still positive, went for blood test also positive. pls help shed more light on this pls.
pls nairalanders has anyone experienced this and what later happened?
she is right now in a state of dilemma. PLS. HELP. she is 5weeks,5days today.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
It's a spiritual or invisible baby grin

on a serious note tho, I've never heard of this oh.
She should visit her gynecologist asap.

But wait oh, are you sure that ultra sound machine is in good condition?
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 7:38pm On Jun 17, 2017
Sensual:
It's a spiritual or invisible baby grin

on a serious note tho, I've never heard of this oh.
She should visit her gynecologist asap.

But wait oh, are you sure that ultra sound machine is in good condition?
thanks. I appreciate your contribution.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by ApolitiCal: 7:49pm On Jun 17, 2017
JummyForReal:
pls. doctors in the house, a friend of mine needs your advice. she discovered she was pregnant last week using pt strip. but went for u/s today only to be told that there is nothing in her womb that she is not pregnant, though no abnormality was found. she did another urine test and the test was still positive, went for blood test also positive. pls help shed more light on this pls.
I doubt the efficacy of that ultrasound machine. Maybe she should try another one. Though, there is what they call false pregnancy. I think she should give it more time or visit another doctor.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by greenmonk: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
Of what use is ultrasound for a 5 week pregnancy. Thats less than1/4 of the journey and she wants to give herself high BP.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by pbethel: 8:00pm On Jun 17, 2017
She should be calm, check back in 3 weeks time.
God is in control.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:03pm On Jun 17, 2017
ApolitiCal:

I doubt the efficacy of that ultrasound machine. Maybe she should try another one. Though, there is what they call false pregnancy. I think she should give it more time or visit another doctor.
thanks
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by mrsfavour(f): 8:05pm On Jun 17, 2017
One of my friends had same issue last week, her own was flushed out ,Doctor said it was an ectopic pregnancy of about 10 weeks. so may be she should do the scan again and consult a Doctor.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:09pm On Jun 17, 2017
greenmonk:
Of what use is ultrasound for a 5 week pregnancy. Thats less than1/4 of the journey and she wants to give herself high BP.
thanks. may be because she has been trying to conceive for the past three years. so she seriously wants the baby
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:12pm On Jun 17, 2017
pbethel:
She should be calm, check back in 3 weeks time.
God is in control.
amen thanks
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by GogetterMD(m): 8:14pm On Jun 17, 2017
Request for a transvaginal ultrasound, and a quantitative β-hcg
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:17pm On Jun 17, 2017
mrsfavour:
One of my friends had same issue last week, her own was flushed out ,Doctor said it was an ectopic pregnancy of about 10 weeks. so may be she should do the scan again and consult a Doctor.
thanks but the scan did not show the development of the baby anywhere,which can indicate ectopic pregnancy
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:18pm On Jun 17, 2017
GogetterMD:
Request for a transvaginal ultrasound, and a quantitative β-hcg
thanks
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by greenmonk: 8:19pm On Jun 17, 2017
JummyForReal:
thanks. may be because she has been trying to conceive for the past three years. so she seriously wants the baby
Giving herself stress wont help the baby. She should concentrate in the positive result. Her body will tell her more than any test if she is pregnant.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by softwerk(f): 8:26pm On Jun 17, 2017
I suspect a case of hormonal imbalance!

Her blood concentration of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) may have increased due to some biochemical factors resulting in the positive test result.

Or maybe her body is yet to recognize and accept the fact that a foetus was recently forcefully removed.
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 8:29pm On Jun 17, 2017
greenmonk:

Giving herself stress wont help the baby. She should concentrate in the positive result. Her body will tell her more than any test if she is pregnant.
alright thanks
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by softwerk(f): 8:36pm On Jun 17, 2017
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by ApolitiCal: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2017
softwerk:
I suspect a case of hormonal imbalance!

Her blood concentration of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) may have increased due to some biochemical factors resulting in the positive test result.

Or maybe her body is yet to recognize and accept the fact that a foetus was recently forcefully removed.

OP didn't say a foetus was forceful removed. And I think hcg is hormone produced by the developing placenta?
Doctors in the house should help
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by DrSuleiman100: 8:58pm On Jun 17, 2017
JummyForReal:
Relax, give it more time and probably visit another place with transvaginal ultrasound. Good luck!
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2017
DrSuleiman100:

Relax, give it more time and probably visit another place with transvaginal ultrasound. Good luck!
thanks
Re: Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help by JummyForReal: 6:52am On Jun 18, 2017

(1) (Reply)

See How Ladies Now Wash Their Skin To Become ‘white’ Instantly For Just N30k / 3 Most Effective Home Remedies Tighten Sagging Breast Permanently In 5 Days / SHOCKING PHOTOS – Buffalo Gives Birth To Human-like Baby In Thailand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.