Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor (1532 Views)

COVID-19: How Long Can Nigeria Be On Lockdown? / How Long Can One Get HIV Accurate Result? Help A Sister / Positive Pregnancy Tests But Empty Uterus On Ultrsound Scan. Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Shally365: 12:28am On Aug 16, 2017
Pls doc is the house I need ur help...

Pls if you know you are under 18 or over 18 with an infant brain pls stay out of this if you don't want to carry what does not belong to you

i've taken the medical abortion more than a month. After the abor I still feel some pregnancy symptoms after some weeks, I took Some med with Vitaminc which Flurish out somethings like blood, and it's almost been a month even more than a month the home pregnancy test result is still positive. i had sex few weeks after the abor which I took contraceptic med

what's going on here? when can the test result turn to negative or is the pregnance not yet passed out? And i haven't seen my period
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Wayne4uall(m): 1:04am On Aug 16, 2017
When women make the decision to get an abortion it is often a stressful one. The abnormal levels of stress could have on effect on the menstrual cycle, causing changes in the monthly period after the abortion. In some cases, it will take several months for women to have their normal menstrual cycle after abortion, while others see a return fairly quickly. In essence, the menstrual cycle will be reset effectively by an abortion, which means that your next period should return in about four weeks
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by ChelseaDr(m): 7:18am On Aug 16, 2017
Who prescribed the abortificient for you, how many months was the pregnancy? What drug(s) did you use? (you don't need to answer this here).

The answers to the above are important because even lay men suggest all manner of things to abort a pregnancy. Also note that the type of/use of drugs depends on how many months the pregnancy is.

For the pregnancy test to still be positive and pregnancy symptoms still present means the pregnancy is still there, although it may not be viable, and this could be a time bomb!!!

It could be a pregnancy outside the womb, an abnormal pregnancy called molar pregnancy (with potential to turn to cancer), or it could lead to a severe infection later whose end is death.

But do not be afraid, you still have time to correct it.

I guess you did not consult a doctor before embarking on such journey. Therefore, I suggest you quickly go and see a doctor for proper check to ascertain the type and location of the pregnancy.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Droleo1: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2017
It is posible you are still pregnant.
Go for ultrasound scan.

Dr Leonard

1 Like

Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Shally365: 11:20am On Aug 16, 2017
Wayne4uall:

When women make the decision to get an abortion it is often a stressful one. The abnormal levels of stress could have on effect on the menstrual cycle, causing changes in the monthly period after the abortion. In some cases, it will take several months for women to have their normal menstrual cycle after abortion, while others see a return fairly quickly. In essence, the menstrual cycle will be reset effectively by an abortion, which means that your next period should return in about four weeks
Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Shally365: 11:26am On Aug 16, 2017
ChelseaDr:
Who prescribed the abortificient for you, how many months was the pregnancy? What drug(s) did you use? (you don't need to answer this here).

The answers to the above are important because even lay men suggest all manner of things to abort a pregnancy. Also note that the type of/use of drugs depends on how many months the pregnancy is.

For the pregnancy test to still be positive and pregnancy symptoms still present means the pregnancy is still there, although it may not be viable, and this could be a time bomb!!!

It could be a pregnancy outside the womb, an abnormal pregnancy called molar pregnancy (with potential to turn to cancer), or it could lead to a severe infection later whose end is death.

But do not be afraid, you still have time to correct it.

I guess you did not consult a doctor before embarking on such journey. Therefore, I suggest you quickly go and see a doctor for proper check to ascertain the type and location of the pregnancy.
Cheers!
Not more than a month when I had the abor, after it I still feel some preg signs ,I took the med, after taking the med the sign stopped, I don't have and feel any preg symptoms again, my worried now is that is more than a month and I haven't seen my period and no symtopms
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Shally365: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2017
Droleo1:
It is posible you are still pregnant.
Go for ultrasound scan.

Dr Leonard
I am still without any preg symtopms, everything stopped after taking the med
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by ducane: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2017
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 16, 2017
Shally365, after a proper abortion, the pregnancy hormones would no longer be detectable in the blood by Day 10-15.
What drugs did you take for the abortion?
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Droleo1: 8:53pm On Aug 16, 2017
Shally365:

I am still without any preg symtopms, everything stopped after taking the med

Get a scan to be sure.

Dr Leonard
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Surulady: 7:14am On Aug 17, 2017
To be on safer side pls go scan.thats jst the best thing.
Re: How Long Can Positive Pregnancy Test Last After Medical Abor by Shally365: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2017
Thanks I will

(1) (Reply)

Health Minister Directs Hospital Heads, NYSC Members To Fill The Vacuum , / How To Register For & Enjoy Oyo State's Health Insurance Scheme By Ajimobi / Coughs: What Can I Do To Cure Cough Completely?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.