Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,481 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals (805 Views)

Mikel Obi Trains With His Family After Retiring From Super Eagles / Is Chidozie Awaziem The Most Handsome Super Eagles Player? / Mikel Obi Finally Breaks Silence After Being Omitted From Super Eagles Squad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals by themomentng: 8:32pm On Jun 17, 2017
Super Eagles coach, German Gernot Rohr, has revealed that players’ agents of Nigerian players chased him everywhere he went with bribes in other for him to include their players in the Super Eagles team.
Rohr, who said he bluntly rejected the offers noted that only the best players will be called up to the senior national team of Nigeria.
The manager made the statement at the weekend through one of his aide, who also confirmed that the manager rejected bribes and lobbies from European clubs’ agents who want their players in the team.
Rohr’s aide revealed further that the manager closely monitors his players along with his assistants before picking those who are ready for the Nigeria assignment.
The coach is even ready to show his employers the indices he uses to pick players for matches.
“Rohr recognises the mistakes made by the largely inexperienced side that played against South Africa. He knows how to come out of it, but he wouldn’t want to divulge ‎his strategy since the world is a global village. Our next game is against Cameroon and happily they are busy in the Confederations Cup, which give us enough time to watch them,” Rohr’s aide said.

Re: I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals by potent5(m): 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2017
Yeye talk from a yeye coach.
Re: I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals by jeyselassie(m): 5:22am On Jun 18, 2017
potent5:
Yeye talk from a yeye coach.
it's not yeye talk. The problem we are having in Nigerian football is this bribe of a thing. Most players pay close to 2million or more just to make the main team and have a shirt. If he can end it permanently and let players play based on performance we will fare better.

1 Like

Re: I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals by potent5(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2017
jeyselassie:
it's not yeye talk. The problem we are having in Nigerian football is this bribe of a thing. Most players pay close to 2million or more just to make the main team and have a shirt. If he can end it permanently and let players play based on performance we will fare better.
And we saw the meritorious PERFORMANCE during the match against SA. Abeg na yeye talk. Instead of taking responsibility for the dismal performance and wrong selection of players, he's here talking rubbish. Let him name the players whose agents tried to bribe him. That's what he should do if he's clean and means business. If he makes similar allegations in Germany or England you think he will be allowed to talk without giving names?
Re: I Rejected Bribes From Super Eagles Player, Eagles Coach Reveals by otokx(m): 8:47am On Jun 18, 2017
Pride does goeth before a Fall.

(1) (Reply)

5odd Pay After Win / 4 Reasons You Are Not Making Money Yet From Football Bettings / Odion Ighalo Meets ‘money Man’ Floyd Mayweather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.