Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

Global Warming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Global Warming (905 Views)

See How Global Warming, Climate Change And GHE Affects Us All. See Photos / Most Hilarious Article Ever Which Kain Yeye Global Warming?! Tweet @godalmighty / Leaked Copenhagen Treaty . . . aka New World Order's Global Warming Scam/Treaty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Warming by sharetroll(m): 3:12pm On Feb 02, 2007
I too am skeptical of man-made global warming.

I happily listen to both sides of the argument. However, politics has infused itself into the issue.

That's where the problem stems from.

Modeling nature is impossible. We simply don't know why the earth is warming, how much it will, and how much greenhouse gases are responsible for it.

There are many causes besides carbon (note that the most pervasive and influential greenhouse gas is actually water vapor).

People don't take note of things (or more accurately it's not reported on -- due to political influence in my opinion) such as, astronomical causes like sun spots, our tilt and elliptical orbit, wobble in the earth's orbit, variations in the shape of the earths orbit, solar reflectivity, other greenhouse gases (Water vapor! methane), tectonic causes, continental drift, undersea ridge activity among others.

Also, if you look for figures such as what the carbon concentration (in parts per million) is you find all sorts of different numbers.

The majority of what is publicized serves an agenda. From either side. It's not right that people depend on the news for their information and their fed half truths (lies).
Re: Global Warming by sharetroll(m): 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2007
BUMP
Re: Global Warming by Raymand(m): 9:19pm On Feb 03, 2007
Huh? undecided
Re: Global Warming by sharetroll(m): 10:13pm On Feb 05, 2007
Raymand:

Huh? undecided

There are comprehension courses online. . . . . . .
Re: Global Warming by WesleyanA(f): 5:45am On Feb 06, 2007
lol

ninetofive believes global warming doesn't exist either. according to him, africa will get colder while europe and america will get warmer. I don't know all the . . . hemisphere blah blah. . . terminologies.

can you elaborate on what you feel the political aspect of it is?
I know they want more people to ride bikes to work, buy less of the big cars (that partly define the american culture) and whatnot. what's the rest of it.

who knew water vapors cause greenhouse. something new everyday i guess.
Re: Global Warming by Iman3(m): 2:16am On Jun 20, 2007
[url]http://environment.guardian.co.uk/climatechange/story/0,,2106689,00.html[/url]

[b]China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas, figures released today show.

The surprising announcement will increase anxiety about China's growing role in driving man-made global warming and will pile pressure onto world politicians to agree a new global agreement on climate change that includes the booming Chinese economy. China's emissions had not been expected to overtake those from the US, formerly the world's biggest polluter, for several years, although some reports predicted it could happen as early as next year.China has overtaken the United States as the world's biggest producer of carbon dioxide, the chief greenhouse gas, figures released today show.

The surprising announcement will increase anxiety about China's growing role in driving man-made global warming and will pile pressure onto world politicians to agree a new global agreement on climate change that includes the booming Chinese economy. China's emissions had not been expected to overtake those from the US, formerly the world's biggest polluter, for several years, although some reports predicted it could happen as early as next year.[/b]
Re: Global Warming by Iman3(m): 2:24am On Jun 20, 2007
I am one of those enviro-sceptics.I doubt whether the science on Global Warming is strong enough to establish that it is anthropogenic.Unfortunately,the Global Warming movement has become an article of faith with no tolerance of alternative views.

(1) (Reply)

Job Forum Not Opening? Seun / Seun: Need your Help : Very Urgent / My Posts Not Showing In Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.