Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,038 members, 7,818,068 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

8 Reasons You Should Root Your Android Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 8 Reasons You Should Root Your Android Phone (674 Views)

Top 6 Reasons You Should Never Root Your Phone / 5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / Top 7 Reasons To Root Your Android Phone, N0 4 Tho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

8 Reasons You Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2017
1. Customize everything After you have rooted your Android device, you can go ahead and customize every inch
of the interface. Thanks to various Xposed modules and repositories like GravityBox, you can tweak every element of the
interface. You can even change your device’s boot animation or the DPI of the interface to suit your needs better.

2. Custom ROMs Most people root their Android smartphone, so that they can go ahead and install their
favourite custom ROM. Custom ROMs offer a
lot of advantages like letting you install the
latest version on Android, when your OEM
isn’t rolling out an update. Along with that,
ROMs bring a ton of additional features and customization options. There are a number of great custom Android ROMs available like CyanogenMOD, Paranoid
ROM, Resurrection
Remix, so you can choose to your liking.

3. Boost performance Android has been criticized a lot over the
years for its inconsistent performance and
while it’s a lot better now, there’s still
scope for improvement. Thankfully, rooting
your Android device lets you make some
tweaks and use some apps that really speed up the performance.
You can use an app like SetCPU to overclock your device’s CPU for a more snappy performance. Overclocking basically means increasing your processor’s frequency for
better performance. While this does boost the
performance of an Android device, battery
woes are a part of it. There’s also the
option of using custom kernels, which bring features and options that might not be
officially supported on your device like the
ability to control CPU, GPU, screen, battery,
sound, RAM and more.
There are also various apps like EX Kernel & Kernel Aduitor , which support various kernels and let you tweak advanced options
from the app. Also, there are other dedicated
apps only for rooted devices that speed up
performance. There’s Speed up Swap, which speeds up performance by emptying
memory and GLTools, which offers advanced options for better GPU performance.

4. Access more apps There’s no scarcity of apps for non-rooted
devices but there are certain cool apps
aimed
at rooted users. Apart from the apps we
have already mentioned, there are many
more great apps for rooted android users
like DriveDroid , Flashify, DiskDigger, DataSync, Device Control etc. that make the best use of the root access to bring you some
great functionality and control. If you are
looking for the best Locker Android apps for rooted devices, do check out our list.

5. Explore new features One of the best things about rooting is that
you gain access to tons of new features to
play with. For instance, Xpose framework
brings a ton of modules that bring features like multi window, detailed app
permissions, native clipboard, YouTube background playback, boot manager and way more. That’s not all though, as apps
like IFTTT andTasker bring a lot of cool features if your device has root access,
basically giving you the ability to automate
anything.

6. Remove bloatware apps & ads System apps and bloat apps from device
manufacturers can cause quite a problem if
your device does not have a huge internal
storage. Well,rooting brings the ability to remove any system app or bloatware . There are various apps that remove
bloatware but we quite like 3C Toolbox due to its advanced app managing features. The
app lets you remove system apps but
that’s not all, as you can also remove
updates to apps, move any app to SD card
along with other advanced options. If you are
looking for something simple to remove bloatware from your device, you can install NoBloat. Ads too can be particularly annoying,
especially the full page ads some apps bring.
Root users can install AdAway (APK file), which is the best ad-blocker app on Android.
The app is easy to set up and it blocks ads on
both websites and apps. You also have the
ability to whitelist/blacklist an app or
website.

7. Improve Battery Performance Android users always complain about poor
battery optimisation and if you are one of
those users, you should root your device
because there are apps & mods that totally
refine your device’s battery performance. Greenify is arguably the best battery optimizer app for rooted devices, which
brings cool features like auto-hibernation
mode, which basically hibernates the apps
that are heavily consuming your battery.
Apps like Wakelock, Servicely ,BetterBatteryStats etc. also make sure that your device makes the most out of
the battery.

8. Backup Everything While Android includes a backup feature for
non-rooted users, it’s no match against the
abilities of a backup app like Titanium Backup. There are various apps for rooted devices that let you take a complete backup
of your device. The best apps are certainly
Titanium & Nandroid and they let you backup everything including all the
apps, app data, files, settings along with
external data that might be part of your SD card. You can then save this backup on your
external storage, SD card or even in the
cloud. So, if you ever lose or brick your
device, you can easily restore a Titanium or
Nandroid backup on the new device and feel
like nothing happened.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Root Your Android Phone by dotedote: 10:28am On Jun 19, 2017
Mrsefan please could you gimme it number OR u try reach me on 08028552222. This could be anyone that knows about Custom ROM. I need to do it on my phone please. I'd really appreciate anyone offering to help.
Re: 8 Reasons You Should Root Your Android Phone by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 19, 2017
dotedote:
Mrsefan please could you gimme it number OR u try reach me on 08028552222.
This could be anyone that knows about Custom ROM.
I need to do it on my phone please.
I'd really appreciate anyone offering to help.
email me

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Your Own Emoji / How Can I Order For Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Online? / 10 Thing You Can Do To Make Your Battery Last Much Longer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.