Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima (937 Views)

The Amazing MGS V Phantom Pain / Which Is The Best Stealth Game? MGS Vs Splinter Cell Vs Hitman Vs Ass. Creed / Mgs 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima by kosovo(m): 11:29pm On Jan 24, 2010
Bungie may not consider Halo: Reach the "real" fourth entry in the Halo series, but Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima does think of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker as essentially Metal Gear Solid 5 -- almost.

"Since it is on PSP, I did not officially number it," Kojima said in the latest issue of Official U.K. PlayStation Magazine (via The Gaming Liberty). "But the game design, story, number of staff and budget -- you can say that this is a big project. It would've been number 5. It's not a side story or a spin-off. It's not like Portable Ops or Acid. I am deeply involved and this is the next Metal Gear."

So deeply involved, evidently, that he's even coming up with nearly every idea in the game. "Well it's strange, but not so many ideas come from the other staff. Co-op Ring, Love Box -- the names and the ideas come from myself," he said (this via CVG). "I am taking charge of the overall game design."

This, despite his promise again and again over the years to take a less direct role in the Metal Gear series. The lesson: Hideo Kojima does not keep his promises.
Re: Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima by kosovo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 24, 2010
It's not a side story or a spin-off. It's not like Portable Ops or Acid. I am deeply involved and this is the next Metal Gear."
But, But Rising would look better than MGS4, lol cheesy
lets see what Kojima young boys can get from the spin off Rising and wait for Kojima and his mature team to completely optimize the MGS4 engine for MGS5 only on PS3,
Re: Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima by texazzpete(m): 12:10pm On Jan 26, 2010
kosovo:

But, But Rising would look better than MGS4, lol cheesy
lets see what Kojima young boys can get from the spin off Rising and wait for Kojima and his mature team to completely optimize the MGS4 engine for MGS5 only on PS3,

Sometimes i wonder, do you deliberately try to make as little sense as possible?
What has Kojima's involvement or not have to do with graphics of Rising?
Re: Mgs: Peace Walker Could Have Been Mgs5, Says Kojima by sniperwolf(m): 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2010
Peace Walker was a project for PSP after MGS: Portable Ops+

(1) (Reply)

Any One Know Where To Fix My Xbox 360? / Latest Xbox360 Halo Games Released ! / Playstation3 One Week Used Games For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.