Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! (1438 Views)

Dear 2017 pre-selected applicant, News and Updates on your physical verification / 2017 Npower N-tax Applicant That Have Successfully​ Written There Test / Sample Cover Letter That Should Land You That Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by froz(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2017
Unemployment is everywhere, they say.

Jobs are not available, they cry.

People only hire people they know, they lament.

We didn’t stand a chance, they chorus.

Well here’s my reply to you, dear applicant.

Dear Applicant,

You applied for a job and I called you for a phone interview but you never picked up your phone and you never called back. Did you think I was a stalker or your little nephew asking for money again?

I don’t think you really wanted that job!

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with a cover letter in the body of the mail. I was really impressed and could not wait to view your CV. There was only one problem. You forgot to attach the CV.

I did the unthinkable… I replied your email asking you to attach your CV and you did not reply me until the next day, without an apology. In any case, it was already too late.

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived with an attachment but no subject nor message. All I saw in the body of the email was

‘Sent from my Blackberry Smartphone’

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email arrived forwarded from the last place you sent it to. And PS, there was no attachment.

Dear Applicant,

I advertised a vacancy and requested that people send in CVs. Your email came in with a short cover letter telling me how qualified you were for the role. You said your CV would convince me beyond all reasonable doubt that you were the one for the position. I opened your CV expecting soo much…. and I did not find one word that qualified you as right for the position. I even used Ctrl F to search for the keyword in the role and came up blank.

Dear Applicant,

You were invited for an interview and you arrived slightly late but in good time. I interviewed you and to be frank, you were OK. The only problem was…. You were dressed in a micro mini skirt and had huge false eyelashes.

In my humble opinion, I don’t think you really wanted that job!

I really would love to take a stab at reducing unemployment but job seekers make it so difficult for anyone to help them. And so this is me venting and pleading…..

Prove to me that you really want that job!

Signed,

Hiring Manager.

Source : https://brandspurng.com/dear-applicant-i-dont-think-you-really-wanted-that-job/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by fufuNegusi(m): 10:38am On Jun 19, 2017
Amazing this are one and more of the many mistakes we make when applying for jobs online
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 10:44am On Jun 19, 2017
Sadly the truth in some cases...
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by maxwell767(m): 11:05am On Jun 19, 2017
lipsrsealed Dumb founded
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 19, 2017
FP pls... Useful piece
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by keko14: 11:47am On Jun 19, 2017
nice
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Obagoblog(m): 12:40pm On Jun 19, 2017
This only happens when the applicant is frustrated and has been job hunting for a while..
They are like, let me try out my luck... We never can tell..... Lol
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by littlewonders: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
You're to apply for 14 job vacancy in a day with different roles adding to unstable light and insufficient data.

The issues:
1) Time taking to edit your CV to match each role is painstaking

2) writing cover letter to suit each CV and role is another lazy issue

3) power instability will make you punch that submit button quick.

4) not all umeployed have phones with constant data to reply messages as expected.

5) most HR are intimidated by your CV and won't get to reach you.

6) because you called once and wasn't picked should not make you judge me unserious, my phone could have hang, network issue, or was taking my bath(remembered: I'm unemployed).

Luck and chance is the thin way to modern success.

2 Likes

Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by jashar(f): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2017
The issues are real. I have seen them all. It's amazing....
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 19, 2017
Really insightful
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Ozavize88(f): 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hmmm insightful.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by alukstea(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
Eewwoo.
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by Kezifils(m): 2:20pm On Jun 19, 2017
This is a nice write up OP.

Quick question. Why is most job offer coming from Lagos? Other states don't recruit?
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by do4luv14(m): 2:24pm On Jun 19, 2017
You are. Right, but there are some who might not be able to hear very well on phone, for such a text will do,

secondly for w-mails, not all might have data and money to buy data, wen such time arrives
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by rodeo0070(m): 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2017
Kezifils:
This is a nice write up OP.

Quick question. Why is most job offer coming from Lagos? Other states don't recruit?

Lasgidi of Excellence... grin grin grin
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by CastroTbb(m): 3:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Wow check out five biafran scientists you should know
http://revolutionnews.com.ng/five-biafra-scientists-you-should-know/
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by computerboy: 3:04pm On Jun 19, 2017
Those excuses are flimsy except for the one that didn't include CV. It's because you're not the owner of the establishment because the owner will care more about what the applicant can offer and how the applicant will profit him more instead of checking eye lashes.

That's why they employ mediocre employees in Nigeria and end up struggling in business. Zuckerberg employs even convicted felons and look where he is
Re: Dear Applicant, I Don’t Think You Really Wanted That Job! by lalasticlala(m): 3:31pm On Jun 19, 2017

(1)

Chamsswitch Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (2 Positions) / Urgent Job Vacancy / Bet9ja Job In Lagos, Ogun, Ibadan And Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.