Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,371 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

What Is The Most Profound Book You Have Ever Read? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Is The Most Profound Book You Have Ever Read? (423 Views)

What Is The Most Difficult Book You've Ever Read? / Get any Book you want free of charge (drop requests) / What's The Best Story You've Ever Read Here On Literature Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Most Profound Book You Have Ever Read? by WORLDPEACE(m): 3:33pm On Jun 19, 2017
I read a book titled 'The Road Less Travelled' by M. Scott Peck a few years ago. Since then, I have not read anything so profound. I read mostly nonfiction books because I read according to my immediate needs. I am into Psychology and entrepreneurship books. The author of the book was a psychiatrist. I have many favourite quotes from the book. One of them about love goes thus:

"Love is the will to extend one's self for the purpose of nurturing one's own or another's spiritual growth... Love is as love does. Love is an act of will -- namely, both an intention and an action. Will also implies choice. We do not have to love. We choose to love.”

What's the most profound book you've ever read? Apart from your religion's holy book, of course.
Re: What Is The Most Profound Book You Have Ever Read? by potent5(m): 3:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
The Bible.
Re: What Is The Most Profound Book You Have Ever Read? by WORLDPEACE(m): 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2017
potent5:
The Bible.
Nice. I said apart from the holy books. There are people who would consider it a sin not to name their holy books first that's why I said apart from the holy books.

(1) (Reply)

A Short Religious Fantasy From Epiphanus / My Lessons In Life / SAM AT 18: Matriculation By Adura Gbemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.