Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches (897 Views)

Does Your Smartphone Really Need A Screen Protector? / Why Your Smartphone Needs A Screen Protector / Which Phone Screen Size Do You Like And Use? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 20, 2017
My very old 4th generation ipod touch finally gave up the ghost. On checking the prices of the latest ipods 32GB/64GB (I need high storage capacity), I made a firm decision not to waste any money on them because they're horribly overpriced. I can't imagine myself paying N185k for just 16GB of storage on something I only use to listen to music (and occasionally browse or play a little chess). And its a waste to buy an old ipod because almost NO APPS work on them anymore.

I need something similar to the Samsung Galaxy Pocket. It had a 2.8 inch screen size and wasn't too fat.

The last time I saw that phone for sale (brand new) it cost 15k but now I can't find it anywhere. And the Galaxy Pocket wouldn't do it for me anyway because you can only insert SD cards of up to 32 GB. I need a lot of storage to put all my music.

Basically I'm looking for a tiny android phone that can fit easily in my pocket without leaving too much of a bulge and is functional enough to install a browser/chess app on. I don't really give a sh*t if its some unknown brand like all these ones with weird sounding Chinese names I see some guys hyping on here. My budget is 15k (excluding the 64GB+ memory card I'll need to buy). If you have any useful suggestions please drop them.

In case you were wondering, I hate putting music on my main phone. I just hate clogging it up. I use my normal phone for making phone calls, reading documents, social media, and sharing my Internet connection with my PC. And I listen to music almost ALL the time so I'd just drain the battery. Besides that I'd just rather organise my music on a separate device. My 'itunes ready' music which must contain all the album arts+lyrics for each song is very sacred to me grin grin
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 1:07am On Jun 20, 2017
Also um even if you don't have an answer/suggestion I'd appreciate if you mentioned any phone expert who you think may know of a good one. I don't really post on this section so I don't know their usernames
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by TechPanda(m): 4:59am On Jun 20, 2017
You Hate Putting Music On Your Main Phone? You Must Be Wierd!
Though Your Love For Chess Got Me Thinking Otherwise grin . Just Chill Lemme Do Some Finding.
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nastydroid(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2017
AnonyNymous:
Also um even if you don't have an answer/suggestion I'd appreciate if you mentioned any phone expert who you think may know of a good one. I don't really post on this section so I don't know their usernames
Check Samsung galaxy ace 4 lite
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by koskilala: 10:11am On Jun 20, 2017
Your specifications were low I would have advised you to go for DroiPad 7D
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by TechPanda(m): 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2017
koskilala:
Your specifications were low I would have advised you to go for DroiPad 7D

There's Nothing Good About That DroiPad 7D
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by HarveyDeven: 3:56pm On Jun 20, 2017
It's less likely to find a new Android phone with such a small display, since most new models available right now on the market are 5.0 inches and above. However, if you want a recommendation, you can try a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini or even an S4 mini. Those should be just fine.
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2017
Nastydroid:
Check Samsung galaxy ace 4 lite
Seems pretty OK. Is it for sale anywhere? And can the is be upgraded to the latest android version? I saw on gsm arena that it runs on kit kat.
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 20, 2017
HarveyDeven:
It's less likely to find a new Android phone with such a small display, since most new models available right now on the market are 5.0 inches and above. However, if you want a recommendation, you can try a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini or even an S4 mini. Those should be just fine.
Ahhh. . .those are a little bigger than what I need. Would you recommend getting a windows phone? After all chess.com releases updates that work with older windows versions and the lumia 532 seems pretty tiny to me
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2017
Seriously, apple would be bomb if they weren't so overpriced
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by ddjay: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2017
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by emeraldknytt(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
For an avid music listener, you seem unperturbed by the sound engine of the phone. Well, The lumina series have awesome sound output from speakers and it gets better if you plug in a headphone, Samsung isn't a bad choice but you'd need to plug in a headphone since you are opting for the brand's low tier members. Just check GSM arena, edit the filter with your specs and search... from there you can rule out or enlist and finally look up stores that have them in stock. BOL.

2 Likes

Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 22, 2017
emeraldknytt:
For an avid music listener, you seem unperturbed by the sound engine of the phone. Well, The lumina series have awesome sound output from speakers and it gets better if you plug in a headphone, Samsung isn't a bad choice but you'd need to plug in a headphone since you are opting for the brand's low tier members. Just check GSM arena, edit the filter with your specs and search... from there you can rule out or enlist and finally look up stores that have them in stock. BOL.

So that's why!! I always noticed that my iPod made music sound so nice as compared to my phone, a Tecno C9 (the few times I ever put music on my phone). I got the phone because of the camera for my YT videos for now, but when my iPod broke I had to put some music on the phone. It sounded horrible, the bass sucked, it wasn't loud enough, etc and I'm 100% sure it wasn't my earpiece because I made sure I got very good one even though it cost me more money than all these cheap roadside earpieces. Thank's for letting me know why, btw how do I check the sound engine? Is there an app to test it or how?

I think I've settled for a Nokia lumia 532, 535, 530 or 430. Each of them are about 4 inches but storage can be expanded up to 128 GB which is awesome, and they were released in 2015 so there are still updates for the software on there. Its quite a bit above what I initially budgeted but its worth it I guess.

Do you know about prices too? For the above phones I saw the 532 and 535 for 18k on Jumia though they were out of stock, but on Konga they were 25k+. I know online sellers inflate prices a lot so how much do you think I should expect to pay at a physical store?
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 22, 2017
ddjay:

no wahala, try jelly with Nougat and more than 32gb storage
http://m.gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news/jelly-worlds-smallest-4g-android-smartphone-launched-with-android-7-0-nougat-1689080
This also seems nice but I don't think its for sale anywhere in Nigeria. . .I've searched embarassed
Re: I Need An Android Phone With A Screen Size Less Than 4 Inches by emeraldknytt(m): 11:31am On Jun 22, 2017
AnonyNymous, I do not know if there are apps to check the sound engine of one's smartphone but I do know that Smartphone Brands will try as much as to laud their products hence the output quality will be sidelined with the speaker spec i.e Beats Audio, Dolby Sound, X Dolby, Boom Sound (HTC)...

Regarding the Price of the lumia smartphone, there has been my observation on Jumia, most of their sellers tend to underprice commodities that are not available so buyers can eulogize their price system. Moreso, Inflation has eaten deep into the core merchandise of our beloved country's economy... You can walk into phone stores near you to make inquiries as Sellers on Konga and Jumia alike will want to include delivery et commission fee thus the hike in price.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help My Phone Is CRAZY !!! / Whatsapp Stops Supporting Nokia(v:2.0) And Co / New Iphone 8 For Sale At Give Away Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.