Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ (1792 Views)

Clubs Who Won Most Official Trophies Won In History....... / AC Milan Vs Barcelona - UCL (2 - 0) On 20th February 2013 / Milan Derby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by galatico(m): 4:05pm On Jan 25, 2010
Quote of the day, not for the first time, goes to Inter boss Jose Mourinho, who, after his side’s 2-0 win in the Milan derby, boasted that his team would have won the match even with seven men; as it was, they ended up keeping Ronaldinho, Beckham and co. at bay with nine men, after Wesley Sneijder (midway through the first half) and then Lucio (in the last minute of normal time; Ronaldinho’s resulting penalty was saved by Julio Cesar) were sent off. Inter’s goals were scored by Diego Milito and Goran Pandev.

Jose, take it away:

“Everything was done today to try and prevent Inter from winning, but my squad is strong and we will win the Scudetto. But I will leave it at that. This is your country and your league. I am just a foreigner working here. One day, I will go and leave this problem with you.

“It was a strange game. I think we all understand that it was no coincidence that he [the referee] showed the red card to [Wesley] Sneijder. I have realised that they are not going to allow us to wrap this title up. But we were perfect. We would have won this game even with seven men. Maybe with six we would have struggled, but we would have won with seven.”

“Maybe with six we would have struggled.” Ha, that is classic Mourinho black humour right there, with a generous dollop of paranoia too. If you think they’re out to get you… they probably are.

However, paranoia aside, it seems no amount of dubious decisions – Sneijder’s red card was harsh – can prevent Inter from winning its fifth straight title, and its second under The Special One. However, as good as Inter have been, its rivals have been very poor.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/serie_a/15340/inter-coach-jose-mourinho-we-would-have-won-milan-derby-with-seven-men.html

Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by emyworld: 5:13pm On Jan 25, 2010
Mou was right cos Milan played badly. They really would have won the game with seven men, inter are very strong and play compact game too. i duff my hat for mourinho for his substitutions bringing in thiago motta, cordoba and balotelli at the appropraite times. like Mou would say, a lucky coach is indeed better than a good coach. i salute inter and Mou. More power to your elbow. Interisti
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by edoyad(m): 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2010
grin The special one has become the perfect one. But this is an insult to the Italian league, win no. 2 team with 7 men ? Struggle with 6 ? grin
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Jan 25, 2010
But with 11 men couldnt win Anathosis, Panathinaikos and co
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by chic2pimp(m): 8:09pm On Jan 25, 2010
edoyad:

grin The special one has become the perfect one. But this is an insult to the Italian league, win no. 2 team with 7 men ? Struggle with 6 ? grin
Will you sharrap dia tongue. Insult to which league? undecided
The same league that has produced and nutured numerous worldcup,european championship and champs league winners.
Add to the fact that no other country club sides have more ballon d'or winners
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by RuuDie(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2010
Milan really lack depth and without Pato, Seedorf their play has become very skewed in 1-direction Ronaldinho. Its all very predictable into Dinho and then onto the general direction of Borriello in the box & thats why they've won so many PKs in the past weeks but a very experienced side can deal with that.

As for JM, he's got a good squad no doubt - strong in depth but he met a very poor milan side on the night but no shakes, he's got the bragging rights.

The red card was very, very deserved - sneijder with all his experience should know better than to do what he did in the ref's face. . . . i thot that was a good ref'ing decision there!
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by abadaba(m): 6:14pm On Jan 26, 2010
Jose has a very poisonous tongue.
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by mykali(m): 7:36pm On Jan 26, 2010
Jose grin
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by duduspace(m): 8:31pm On Jan 26, 2010
this one na disrespectful yabis, its even worse than the boys against men thing. Mourinho really shld show more respect to the opponent.
Re: Inter Coach Jose Mourinho: ‘we Would Have Won Milan Derby With Seven Men’ by aieromon(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2010
The Inter team composition is similar to the Lyon monopoly of the Ligue 1 under Le Guen.
They really don't need a coach to win the domestic league.Measure the coach's success by winning the European title.
Inter would have won with 7 men if i was the coach too grin

(1) (Reply)

Jack Wilshere Has Successful Surgery On Ankle / Congrats: John Terry Is Getting Married On Friday / Internazionale Vs AC Milan [0 - 1] On 14th November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.